• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So.. what to do after you beat the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I was really ****ed off with how fast I beat the game, and I didn't soar through it either, I did the side quests and whatever, but what now?

What is there to do now? Find the rest of the gnomes and rare books? I want some more drama man, I want some more actual decisions and stuff to do.

I feel cheated!

Get all the gnomes, flowers and rare books and after that... just wait for the DLC. This game is a disappointment but that's what we get for putting so much faith in Lionhead even after the whole Fable II fiasco.

Oh and if you don't have them already, I suggest going for all the achievements. That ought to give you something to do, right?

Miloz

Reaction score
Well, tbh I dont understand how you can enjoy a game, which doesnt requires Skills, items etc.
Theres no need to make your char better, as the game is too easy. My brother is 5 Years old, and I guess he could complete it.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Well, tbh I dont understand how you can enjoy a game, which doesnt requires Skills, items etc.
Theres no need to make your char better, as the game is too easy. My brother is 5 Years old, and I guess he could complete it.
You don't have to understand it. Different people enjoy different things. Learn to accept this fact.

Miloz

Reaction score
Sure. Keep play Fable then. I quit, cause theres no reason why I should play it. What a sucky RPG Game!

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Fable has always been incredibly easy.

Always.

Actually, no. The original Fable took some effort and Fable III was slightly more difficult than Fable II. In fact, I've almost died a couple of times but that's because I'm a pure caster and it can be a tad overwhelming trying to cast a fully charged AoE in the middle of a crowd.

Modern Algebra

Chesty's Best Friend
Reaction score
Reinstate the temple of shadows? I'm a good character but this was still something enjoyable to do that kept me busy.

Reaction score
Sure. Keep play Fable then. I quit, cause theres no reason why I should play it. What a sucky RPG Game!

If your just gona trash talk the game whats the point in posting? Fable 3 dosent need to be hard coz its FUN, incredibly fun like all the fables and i found it quite alot harder than fable 2.... point made....

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Actually, no. The original Fable took some effort and Fable III was slightly more difficult than Fable II. In fact, I've almost died a couple of times but that's because I'm a pure caster and it can be a tad overwhelming trying to cast a fully charged AoE in the middle of a crowd.

A lot of people didn't find it so hard [myself included.] I'm happy someone got a challenge out of it, but Fable has always been notorious for it's relatively low difficulty.

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
Well according to my friend, who I have no idea if he is trustworthy, he said you do keep making decisions... He told me that a villager handed him a note wishing for a court ruling or something, has anyone else heard this? Didn't Peter M. say something like that?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
A lot of people didn't find it so hard [myself included.] I'm happy someone got a challenge out of it, but Fable has always been notorious for it's relatively low difficulty.

I never claimed it to be hard. I merely mentioned that the original required some effort, Fable II was ridiculously easy and Fable III had a bit of a challenge to it as well. Then again, I HAVE been a pure caster in all three and if you don't branch out, the game tends to be a little more challenging... unless you use guns.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
I never claimed it to be hard. I merely mentioned that the original required some effort, Fable II was ridiculously easy and Fable III had a bit of a challenge to it as well. Then again, I HAVE been a pure caster in all three and if you don't branch out, the game tends to be a little more challenging... unless you use guns.

I never said you found it specifically hard. I said you found it harder than others did. :p

But yeah, mages get the **** beat out of them in every fight.

Modern Algebra

Chesty's Best Friend
Reaction score
Its quite extraordinary when you look at the time change from the first fable to currently. I do miss fable one time zone indeed but the industrial revolution was cool. Now they need to do the fable 4,5,6,1,2,3 in a star wars manner lol

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Its quite extraordinary when you look at the time change from the first fable to currently. I do miss fable one time zone indeed but the industrial revolution was cool. Now they need to do the fable 4,5,6,1,2,3 in a star wars manner lol

There's only going to be five Fable games and we've got three so far. Also... that would be really weird.

I never said you found it specifically hard. I said you found it harder than others did. :p

But yeah, mages get the s*** beat out of them in every fight.

It was implied.

I don't necessarily get the crud beat out of me but it does take a while to charge up those spells which leaves me very vulnerable.

Nonpoint

The Archduke of Awesome
Reaction score
Well according to my friend, who I have no idea if he is trustworthy, he said you do keep making decisions... He told me that a villager handed him a note wishing for a court ruling or something, has anyone else heard this? Didn't Peter M. say something like that?
Although you shouldn't take my word on this, I've yet to see this happen in my game. And although the game may seem a bit quick to you, you could always just start a new game and do the opposite of your original choices just to see what would happen? That's what I've done in every Fable game just to see. Or you could just do (as mentioned before) the random little sidequests, find the gnomes, or try to get the achievements. I've beaten the game twice already, one character at the highest positive karma and one of the highest negative karma. Now I'm just practically enjoying Albion by talking to the people, finding random enemies, or just slaughtering random villages and towns (if you're bad.)

Pink

Reaction score
Also, I wish that they didn't put white or red rings around the decisions. I mean that is what the guide is for right? in Fable I and II, they didn't do that, so even though you thought you were doing the right thing, you weren't sometimes. I found that cool. I always play good first but it as like the makers were like "Wanna be good. Click A!" Wanna be bad, Click X!" the whole game through, I felt like the decision wasn't mine, because some of the "evil" decisions I thought made sense, but I didn't click them because I wanted to be good and get my wings.

Nonpoint

The Archduke of Awesome
Reaction score
Also, I wish that they didn't put white or red rings around the decisions. I mean that is what the guide is for right? in Fable I and II, they didn't do that, so even though you thought you were doing the right thing, you weren't sometimes. I found that cool. I always play good first but it as like the makers were like "Wanna be good. Click A!" Wanna be bad, Click X!" the whole game through, I felt like the decision wasn't mine, because some of the "evil" decisions I thought made sense, but I didn't click them because I wanted to be good and get my wings.
I second that. Although some of the major decisions in game would have been more obvious as to if it were good or evil. they should have made many more subtle, brainteaser choices without those blasted rings around the decisions. It totally made it too obvious.

King Louie IV

Ruler of Albion
Reaction score
I'm looking for the gnomes, books, flowers and keys. It does get boring after a while, but I want all of the achievements. I'm trying to upgrade my weapons as well. I do agree though. The game was way too short and didn't have enough missions or quests. I still enjoyed it and didn't mind dishing out $60.

Guren

Reaction score
I tend to just like finding neat stuff, and endlessly fighting and trying to get better stats. I also found most of the legendary weapons, I'm willing to trade the Chickenbane for the swinging sword (currently using avo's lamentation)

Status
Not open for further replies.