• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So.. what to do after you beat the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SetWaypoint

Reaction score
Is there any sort of arena or crucible like the previous Fables? Or anywhere at all to fight a lot of guys over and over again?

I really enjoy the combat mechanics and just want to know if there's anything in the end game to just fight a lot. Or, do you just have to wander around and run into aimless groups of mercenaries and stuff?

Reaction score
Is there any sort of arena or crucible like the previous Fables? Or anywhere at all to fight a lot of guys over and over again?

I really enjoy the combat mechanics and just want to know if there's anything in the end game to just fight a lot. Or, do you just have to wander around and run into aimless groups of mercenaries and stuff?
I do wish there was a tournament of some sourt or crucible, when they were making the game of course they said there would be, but wtv, actually i would reccomment the desert, there is alot of enemies in groups, obviously not a challenge but still

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I think this is what they wanted. They made it really short (those of you saying "do the side quests" are being redundant because they already said they did) so we would buy the sh!tload of DLC they have for it so it would be longer and better.

I have yet to figure out Windows Live ID to include my Villager that I have yet to make seeing as I lost the code :/

Maverickhey

Reaction score
The game has alot of DLC coming out, though it is cheap it is already done but they are waiting.

James King

Reaction score
Molyneux hinted that there may be drawbacks to leaving your castle too often to investigate crimes or fight wars, asking "Are you going to be a king that is the equivalent to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Luc_PicardPicard in Star Trek? Quite honestly, if the captain of the ship was going down to planets and getting involved in battles I'd be worried because I think he should stay in his chair. But if he chooses to go down and get involved, that's the freedom we give you as a king."

"Molyneux has also promised that the player will have complete power over the game's world when he/she becomes king or queen. Citizens of Albion can be punished for doing things good or bad, and can be dealt with in any way the player chooses. For example citizens who don't pay their taxes can be dealt with by being thrown into a dungeon or being slaughtered by an army dispatched by the player."

It's the lies I can't take, Mr Molyneux. It's the lies.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
The game has alot of DLC coming out, though it is cheap it is already done but they are waiting.

Sorry but I just spent $80 on a "Limited Edition" version of Fable III. Now they expect me to pay for a mountain of DLC to get the content I should have? You know what Peter Molyneux/Lionhead? You can go **** yourself.

I have yet to figure out Windows Live ID to include my Villager that I have yet to make seeing as I lost the code :/

Same here. I'm contemplating opening a whole new thread and asking but there might be one around here already so it's better to look for it than create a duplicate one.

Pink

Reaction score
Sorry but I just spent $80 on a "Limited Edition" version of Fable III. Now they expect me to pay for a mountain of DLC to get the content I should have? You know what Peter Molyneux/Lionhead? You can go f*** yourself.

damm, well said.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
damm, well said.

It takes a great deal to anger me but this? This is beyond words and I have no intention of buying any more of their products. It pains me to know I can't do more than that, that I can't show them how fed up we are. These companies have an obligation to their fans and that does NOT include screwing us over at every chance they get.

Maverickhey

Reaction score
Sorry but I just spent $80 on a "Limited Edition" version of Fable III. Now they expect me to pay for a mountain of DLC to get the content I should have? You know what Peter Molyneux/Lionhead? You can go f*** yourself.

I agree, after seeing the amount of DLC that should be rightfully given to us.. it is bullsh*t Hair styles, clothes, areas. And they are all seperate? Bah, lame. It isnt the same as Knothole Island DLC for Fable 2. We got jipped in alot of areas that are lacking in Fable 3, if anything they should be free.

I wont hold my breath but they need a TLC for Fable 3 to FINISH their game which was so rushed.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I agree with all. It really is a shame how they went "Oh, we're just going to take everything out that was cool and put a terrible story and short side quests so you can buy the mountain of DLC that you don't need. Bahahaha"

Glyre

Reaction score
One thing that's been bothering me about this whole DLC debate is that, well, you don't NEED the DLC. I'm frankly surprised at the attitude so many people have in regards to DLC. Fable 3 was a complete game--About the same length as Fable 2, a ton of quests and things to do--it does not REQUIRE DLC.

If you don't want the DLC, don't buy it and quit complaining. If Lionhead had gone ahead and released the game, with there being no knowledge of DLC and no plans of releasing it, I'm sure everyone would be more than happy with the game. Further, you cannot complain about Molyneux's promises. He always makes the same outrageous promises, and they never come true...
Hmm...now that I mention it, I'm beginning to see a bit of Fable 3's story in Molyneux...Promise people things, but choose the "evil" option to not go through with it. Of course, Molyneux is not trying to be evil, but simply...gets overexcited, which to me is hilarious.

Reaction score
One thing that's been bothering me about this whole DLC debate is that, well, you don't NEED the DLC. I'm frankly surprised at the attitude so many people have in regards to DLC. Fable 3 was a complete game--About the same length as Fable 2, a ton of quests and things to do--it does not REQUIRE DLC.

If you don't want the DLC, don't buy it and quit complaining. If Lionhead had gone ahead and released the game, with there being no knowledge of DLC and no plans of releasing it, I'm sure everyone would be more than happy with the game. Further, you cannot complain about Molyneux's promises. He always makes the same outrageous promises, and they never come true...
Hmm...now that I mention it, I'm beginning to see a bit of Fable 3's story in Molyneux...Promise people things, but choose the "evil" option to not go through with it. Of course, Molyneux is not trying to be evil, but simply...gets overexcited, which to me is hilarious.
Notice, why your sittin her ranting about it being a good complete game, your about 1 of probably 10 people on this whole site who agree with u, the other 3,000 are against it, so ya

Glyre

Reaction score
You're using the argument of majority against me? That's weak, so so weak. What are you saying? That I should shut up? I'm simply applying logic to a situation that seems to have been previously dealt with from a very biased and emotional side.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
^^ So the people who thoroughly enjoy Fable III should not be allowed to say so? That's mental. I too paid for the LE and I am incredibly happy with the game because I NEVER listen to hype. EVER. It serves only to disappoint and given that people have been bashing PM for his "lies" ever since Fable II was announced, you'd have thought that those who insist on reading/listening to hype would have taken it with a pinch of salt until proven otherwise.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score

What do you think game developers did PRIOR to Microsoft and their DLC? They didn't gut out any content! What you saw was what you got and nine times out of ten it was more than you could have ever hoped for. Nowadays, they take out large chunks of the game and put it in the form of DLC and expect you to pay an extra $10 or more on top of the $50 - $60 you paid for the game itself. That's highway robbery especially when the economy is doing so poorly right now.

Actually, no, this game would be an even bigger disappointment if there were no plans on releasing any DLC to include the missing dyes, the lack of variety in clothing, etc. Actually, we can EASILY complain about his promises. You don't make a promise to someone then break it and expect them to be perfectly happy because of it. There's a difference between getting "overexcited" and telling your loyal fans about all the content you put in the game only to have us find out otherwise after spending so much money on it.

Modern Algebra

Chesty's Best Friend
Reaction score

You should actually be blaming the economically 'Fixed' prices for video games...

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
Sure. Keep play Fable then. I quit, cause theres no reason why I should play it. What a sucky RPG Game!

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

Veryl

Reaction score
Everyones talking about the length of the game being short but Fable games have never been long games... It took me 28 hours to beat it the first play through and im still playing, trying to get achievements. And looking forward to DLC.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
My first playthrough with the minimum of side quests (I only did the ones that were required to continue with the main one) took me about 11 hours, all told. But that didn't seem too short to me - maybe because I enjoyed it so much. My second playthrough is taking much longer as I'm doing everything there is to do this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.