• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So.. what to do after you beat the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glyre

Reaction score
What do you think game developers did PRIOR to Microsoft and their DLC? They didn't gut out any content! What you saw was what you got and nine times out of ten it was more than you could have ever hoped for. Nowadays, they take out large chunks of the game and put it in the form of DLC and expect you to pay an extra $10 or more on top of the $50 - $60 you paid for the game itself. That's highway robbery especially when the economy is doing so poorly right now.

Actually, no, this game would be an even bigger disappointment if there were no plans on releasing any DLC to include the missing dyes, the lack of variety in clothing, etc. Actually, we can EASILY complain about his promises. You don't make a promise to someone then break it and expect them to be perfectly happy because of it. There's a difference between getting "overexcited" and telling your loyal fans about all the content you put in the game only to have us find out otherwise after spending so much money on it.

Prior to DLC we got what we got, and needed to be happy with it. Anything developers wanted to add later? Too late, unless they wanted to make an expansion pack. I find it humorous, too, that you say "large chunks" of the game were taken out. Supposing that ALL of the DLC was originally part of the game, which I doubt, it was in no way a large chunk. All of it was extra stuff, only one thing was a new region...with what, one or two quests? Sorry, but that's nothing major.

Would this game really be a disappointment without DLC? Hardly. If it would be, then you should not even play it. What we got with Fable 3 was definitely the core of the game--if that does not satisfy you, then obviously the game isn't for you. Also, you realize that there is plenty of variety with the in-game clothes, and that the planned releases are obviously extras, as they otherwise have no basis in the game. See highlanders? nope. See Industrial Knights? nope. I think you can see where this is going.

Finally, about the promises. Yes, you can complain about them...but my point was that there is NO POINT in either complaining or being let down by PM. Making outrageous promises is just what he does. Is it a good thing? No, in fact, he should probably be reigned in, but at the same time, you are ignorant if you don't realize that you should take everything he says with a grain of salt, sad but true. Heck, just go and look and what he was saying would be included in the first Fable. If you were a loyal fan of the series, you would realize this.

Lahe

Reaction score
I have got every achievement besides the 50 weapons and Clothes achievement i have beaten the game twice with a girl and a guy and evil and good. I got every gnome/flower/book/key. Now the game goes into the storage until an addon comes out. Very Very short game.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Prior to DLC we got what we got, and needed to be happy with it. Anything developers wanted to add later? Too late, unless they wanted to make an expansion pack. I find it humorous, too, that you say "large chunks" of the game were taken out. Supposing that ALL of the DLC was originally part of the game, which I doubt, it was in no way a large chunk. All of it was extra stuff, only one thing was a new region...with what, one or two quests? Sorry, but that's nothing major.

Would this game really be a disappointment without DLC? Hardly. If it would be, then you should not even play it. What we got with Fable 3 was definitely the core of the game--if that does not satisfy you, then obviously the game isn't for you. Also, you realize that there is plenty of variety with the in-game clothes, and that the planned releases are obviously extras, as they otherwise have no basis in the game. See highlanders? nope. See Industrial Knights? nope. I think you can see where this is going.

Finally, about the promises. Yes, you can complain about them...but my point was that there is NO POINT in either complaining or being let down by PM. Making outrageous promises is just what he does. Is it a good thing? No, in fact, he should probably be reigned in, but at the same time, you are ignorant if you don't realize that you should take everything he says with a grain of salt, sad but true. Heck, just go and look and what he was saying would be included in the first Fable. If you were a loyal fan of the series, you would realize this.

Why did you feel it was necessary to take what I said and alter the words? What you and I consider major are two different things and I honestly don't expect you to understand any of this. You probably have parents who buy you everything or maybe you're just filthy stinkin' rich. Or maybe you just don't understand what it's like to be a gamer who doesn't appreciate having to pay for a bunch of extra stuff that should already be implemented in the game. Some of us enjoy variety, some of us enjoy having things to do and some of us enjoy experiencing the whole game, not just bits and pieces. It's a shame you can't understand that but I'm not even the least bit surprised.

The problem with your logic is that we can't see the future. We can't tell if a game is going to be disappointing or not. We have to wait until it's released which means plopping down a good $50+ and that's just not fair to anyone. Sure, we can read about a game in a magazine or on a forum or just listen to what the companies tell us they have planned but they ALWAYS glorify it. They don't just get to the point and tell us what it has to offer and what it doesn't have to offer so the only way to know is by buying it. Or, if you don't mind waiting, renting it later down the road. In the case of Fable III, we were told that the Limited Edition would have a lot to offer.

Only problem is, they failed to mention how pathetic that whole new region is. It's not even a region... it's a house... and a quest that leads you to the house. What we got was a half-assed version of Fable II with slightly better graphics and a whole lot less variety. Okay, well, going by your logic, all they really need is to make a game with one pair of clothes, one weapon, one enemy and one area. You'll be absolutely excited by that, right? Don't worry though, if that isn't enough to rock your socks off, they'll release one more enemy and one more weapon later down the road!

You're complaining about us complaining. Which is more pointless? That's what I thought. He delivered more than enough with Fable and has only gone downhill since then. I don't understand why you're attempting to defend the guy or justify his actions. I didn't listen to his promises, I knew there was a lot he wasn't going to do but does that stop me from being disappointed with what I DO have? Not at all. Honestly, you just seem like one of those rabid fans who defends a company until the very end as if they never did anything wrong and you gobble up everything they say and do without even thinking about it.

It truly is saddening that gamers (I doubt I can even call you that) no longer care about the quality of games and instead just want to throw money at the next best thing. I'd get into that further but I've made my point already.

Glyre

Reaction score
I am frankly offended by your comments. I find it sad that people cannot have a debate without resorting to personal insult. Why do you feel the need to insult me because of my opinions? I personally find Fable 3 to be a great game. Yes, it has its flaws, but all games do. If you want to resort to personal attacks, I can do that to. You seem to me to be a greedy person, so sure of himself that you fail to realize the ignorance of what you're saying. "Bits and pieces"--obviously the game that I played and the game that you have played are two different things. I experienced a full game--if you honestly consider the DLC to be missing, integral parts of the game, then there must be DLC that I am unaware of--because everything that I have seen is very clearly extra. Nothing that would improve the game.

Tell me, what should be implemented in the game that is currently known to be DLC? Obviously the dyes, but aside from those. In regards to your comments about the LE--I was pretty much expecting what I got. Was I hoping for a larger "region?" Yes, but at the same time I understand why they opted to make it so small. It's also a great house to have early in the game.

I find it funny, too, that you continue to say "by your logic." I never said anything implying that I would like to see a lack of variety in the game. I love the Fable games precisely BECAUSE of the variety in clothes/enemies/zones. Again, what DLC of the ones known offers a HUGE increase in clothes/enemies/zones? None that I have heard of.

You're doing exactly what you accused me of--twisting my words and making unjustified claims and assumptions.

I'm not complaining about your complaining either. I'm defending a game that I found enjoyable, and rebutting what I find to be unnecessary complaints. There's two sides to everything--I am simply representing the other side. Because, you know, people do have different opinions, and that doesn't make them morons or as you so kindly implied about me, a spoiled brat.

About Molyneux, I'm defending him, or rather showing that he cannot really be listened to, and that it is pointless to be upset about something he said. And about me being a rabid fan--hardly. Contrary to what you may think, I know that Fable 3 isn't perfect, but at the same time it hardly deserves all of this hate. Perhaps you need to think about this from a different perspective.

Finally, how dare you insult me? I don't "throw my money at the next best thing." I simply happen to ENJOY this game. I see past the flaws, and find joy in it. I care very much about the quality of games--I'm not going to start saying that Fable 3 is the best game ever. With that being said, however, it certainly is not the worst, and equal if not better to most games produced now-a-days.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I never personally attacked you aside from making a couple of assumptions based on how you're acting. Honestly though, they're pretty spot on from the looks of it. I don't feel like arguing this because you've gone from talking about Fable III to focusing solely on the "negative" aspects of my previous posts. Also, as I mentioned before, the fanaticism is just too much.

Glyre

Reaction score
I never personally attacked you aside from making a couple of assumptions based on how you're acting. Honestly though, they're pretty spot on from the looks of it. I don't feel like arguing this because you've gone from talking about Fable III to focusing solely on the "negative" aspects of my previous posts. Also, as I mentioned before, the fanaticism is just too much.

Making assumptions, yes, but those assumptions were turned into personal attacks--it was not necessary to make some of the comments you did. Please, explain to me why you feel this way, why you think your assumptions are so accurate--because I can assure you that they are not. Expecting things to be handed to me, and throwing away money is NOT me. From the beginning I have been focused on disputing negative points made about the subject of DLC and game content. I was never focused so much on Fable as a whole as I was on some claims made about it.

Fanaticism? I admit that I may have become rather fanatical in disputing claims that Fable 3 sucks and is ruined with DLC, or things along those lines. However, I have never been fanatical about Fable 3 or Lionhead.

Twilight

Reaction score
Why did you feel it was necessary to take what I said and alter the words? What you and I consider major are two different things and I honestly don't expect you to understand any of this. You probably have parents who buy you everything or maybe you're just filthy stinkin' rich. Or maybe you just don't understand what it's like to be a gamer who doesn't appreciate having to pay for a bunch of extra stuff that should already be implemented in the game. Some of us enjoy variety, some of us enjoy having things to do and some of us enjoy experiencing the whole game, not just bits and pieces. It's a shame you can't understand that but I'm not even the least bit surprised.

The problem with your logic is that we can't see the future. We can't tell if a game is going to be disappointing or not. We have to wait until it's released which means plopping down a good $50+ and that's just not fair to anyone. Sure, we can read about a game in a magazine or on a forum or just listen to what the companies tell us they have planned but they ALWAYS glorify it. They don't just get to the point and tell us what it has to offer and what it doesn't have to offer so the only way to know is by buying it. Or, if you don't mind waiting, renting it later down the road. In the case of Fable III, we were told that the Limited Edition would have a lot to offer.

Only problem is, they failed to mention how pathetic that whole new region is. It's not even a region... it's a house... and a quest that leads you to the house. What we got was a half-assed version of Fable II with slightly better graphics and a whole lot less variety. Okay, well, going by your logic, all they really need is to make a game with one pair of clothes, one weapon, one enemy and one area. You'll be absolutely excited by that, right? Don't worry though, if that isn't enough to rock your socks off, they'll release one more enemy and one more weapon later down the road!

You're complaining about us complaining. Which is more pointless? That's what I thought. He delivered more than enough with Fable and has only gone downhill since then. I don't understand why you're attempting to defend the guy or justify his actions. I didn't listen to his promises, I knew there was a lot he wasn't going to do but does that stop me from being disappointed with what I DO have? Not at all. Honestly, you just seem like one of those rabid fans who defends a company until the very end as if they never did anything wrong and you gobble up everything they say and do without even thinking about it.

It truly is saddening that gamers (I doubt I can even call you that) no longer care about the quality of games and instead just want to throw money at the next best thing. I'd get into that further but I've made my point already.

Actually it's very easy to tell if a game is going to be good or not. Reviews don't lie and they don't all "glorify" it. If you can't decide if the game is right or wrong for you after 100 reviews then it's your fault. You weren't told the Limited edition would have a lot to offer you were just told what it had to offer. If you were disappointed with what you got then it's your fault again for not reading the fine print. The new region was the area with the house in it. Small? Yes. Did it give what was written on the box? Yes.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Actually it's very easy to tell if a game is going to be good or not. Reviews don't lie and they don't all "glorify" it. If you can't decide if the game is right or wrong for you after 100 reviews then it's your fault. You weren't told the Limited edition would have a lot to offer you were just told what it had to offer. If you were disappointed with what you got then it's your fault again for not reading the fine print. The new region was the area with the house in it. Small? Yes. Did it give what was written on the box? Yes.

Uh... no... it's not. I've read plenty of reviews on games that blew them out of proportion or glorified them and in fact, I have yet to see a review that hasn't. Yes, that's right, I was told what it had to offer and I was disappointed with it. Fine print? Last I checked there was no fine print. Just a company that enjoys disappointing its most loyal fans. Also, since you don't seem to grasp the definition of a region, I'll post it for you.

"area of land: a large land area that has geographic, political, or cultural characteristics that distinguish it from others, whether existing within one country or extending over several".

Would you like to try again?

Glyre

Reaction score
^Yes that's very much a real world definition of a region, but in a game, specifically in Fable, a region is basically any worldspace seperated by a loading screen...By your definition, all of Aurora's a region, as is Albion. Which, technically speaking is true, but not in the context of a game.

A tricky word to use, but really, what else would have produced a better effect?

Twilight

Reaction score
Uh... no... it's not. I've read plenty of reviews on games that blew them out of proportion or glorified them and in fact, I have yet to see a review that hasn't. Yes, that's right, I was told what it had to offer and I was disappointed with it. Fine print? Last I checked there was no fine print. Just a company that enjoys disappointing its most loyal fans. Also, since you don't seem to grasp the definition of a region, I'll post it for you.

"area of land: a large land area that has geographic, political, or cultural characteristics that distinguish it from others, whether existing within one country or extending over several".

Would you like to try again?
And the big house in the mountains doesn't "distinguish it from others"?

What has every review said that has blown the game out of proportion? I'd love to hear your take on this. Mind you reviews from a fat guy living with his mom doesn't count. I'm talking professionals here.

btw there is fine print on the back the tells you what it's offering just in-case you missed it.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
^Yes that's very much a real world definition of a region, but in a game, specifically in Fable, a region is basically any worldspace seperated by a loading screen...By your definition, all of Aurora's a region, as is Albion. Which, technically speaking is true, but not in the context of a game.

A tricky word to use, but really, what else would have produced a better effect?

So now you're telling me it's okay for them to alter definitions so long as it suits them?

And the big house in the mountains doesn't "distinguish it from others"?

What has every review said that has blown the game out of proportion? I'd love to hear your take on this. Mind you reviews from a fat guy living with his mom doesn't count. I'm talking professionals here.

btw there is fine print on the back the tells you what it's offering just in-case you missed it.

Apparently you missed the "large area" part but I can't say I'm surprised about that either. You see only what you want to see and ignore everything else.

I'm pretty sure the "fat guy living with his mom" incorporates all the so-called "professionals".

Yes and it's false.

Glyre

Reaction score
No. I was referring to the different meaning the word has when referring to the real world as opposed to the game world. Region is a typical term used in games, referring to zones separated by loading screens. You could technically say that building interiors are separate regions. Is region as a game term in the dictionary? Maybe not. But that doesn't mean that that's not one of the word's meanings.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
No. I was referring to the different meaning the word has when referring to the real world as opposed to the game world. Region is a typical term used in games, referring to zones separated by loading screens. You could technically say that building interiors are separate regions. Is region as a game term in the dictionary? Maybe not. But that doesn't mean that that's not one of the word's meanings.

It's not one of the word's meanings. Coming up with a word and then having a bunch of people use it doesn't make it official and technically, it's gibberish. They have people who go through and make words official but... that's somewhat irrelevant to the topic at hand. I get what you're saying but you don't typically think "Oh, this expansion pack adds a new region! I wonder how small it will be?", do you? When I think of a "region" I think of a large area with plenty to explore.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Alright, so clearly this is getting out of hand. I don't know why Glyre needs to say everyone who feels jipped is wrong and I don't know why Malefic is getting so offensive/defensive. Our opinions are just that, opinions. No one's wrong and no one's right. We need to get over the differences and stop telling people that they are ignorant and wrong to have one. I don't understand why people need go on threads and create this sort of conflict. It's stupid and pointless and creates a lot of unnecessary drama. However, I don't think I should care that much seeing as most of the new members will probably leave in a couple months anyway :/

Dominic

Reaction score
People need to relax. Yes the game was $59.99, and for some that's a lot. I work One and a half hours for that. So if your complaining about the price, then I'm sorry but, get your butt off the couch and get a real J.O.B. The game was a little disappointing but, what isn't? So Peter said some things that weren't in the game. You never told a white lie? Or got a little over exaggerated? My Girlfriend told me there were 100 Cops outside on Highway 55. Now I'm sure there were only 2 or 3 maybe 4. But not 100. We don't even have 100 Cops in our County, lol...play the game. If you don't like it, trade it in for some in store credit. I'm sure the game will get you a solid $30. So people, calm down. And you could just be like me and entertain yourselves with a girlfriend or REAL friends and not Online marriages...peace out, girl scout.

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Uh... OT : max out all 50 weapons!!!

Also, I have a major hang up about strategy guides. I don't like using them. I admit, I broke down and used the book guide, which is sad because over my 3 playthroughs I had found all the books just didn't remember... Point is I was amazed at how quickly I got to 30. Which got me to thinking, is the game too short because you used a guide? My first playthrough cleared 40 hours and I still have stuff left unfinished (mostly because I played through as good and the quests required me to murder people). My second took me around 30 and my third took me 25ish. Hey the more ya know!

Lynne

Reaction score
If you hate Fable so much I would suggest getting off a Fable fan forum. Sell the game and move on with your life and leave the rest of us in peace. I get being disappointed and voicing that opinion but when everything is an utter failure in your eyes its time to take Dominics advice and move the **** on.

Zangash

Reaction score
If you hate Fable so much I would suggest getting off a Fable fan forum. Sell the game and move on with your life and leave the rest of us in peace. I get being disappointed and voicing that opinion but when everything is an utter failure in your eyes its time to take Dominics advice and move the f*** on.

That logic fails me...

I spent 60 bucks on the game. Even if I DID sell it, I'd only get 25 bucks. That's 35 bucks wasted. If we wasted our money, we have a right to discuss the game (Yes, even in a purely negative light) on the forums about it. Whether you like it or not, Fable 3 failed. It took just about everything good from Fable 2 and either watered it down or cut it out entirely, and, considering Fable 2 was nowhere near as good as the original, that's a really, really bad thing.

Lynne

Reaction score
Sometimes, as adults..we learn to cut our losses. People and events and things will disappoint us. I really do get that people are ****ed with Fable 3. But its been a few weeks now and its really time to get over it. Yeah, so you lost some money. Its probably not the first time you wasted money and likely not the last time. Be mad, voice your opinion...but its not healthy to dwell. Go play a game you do like, because afterall...it is just a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.