• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So.. what to do after you beat the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
Children! Behave yourselves or shall I get the wooden spoon?!

demondeath71

Reaction score
I am about 99% done with the game. The last 1% I don't feel like doing simply because I don't care. My 1% left is getting all the tattoo sets and hairs / makeups / misc. items that aren't clothing.

Everything else is done. I have all the clothing, all the weapons (which I am working on getting all the bonuses for), 100% completed story, road to Albion completed, and I finished the story the way I wanted to beat it. (pure good, all good decisions).

The only reason I don't care much about the tattoos, makeup, ect. is because I don't really have stuff to trade to get them and also I don't have a list of everything so I am not going to sweat finding it.

Also I wouldn't say I feel cheated having beaten the game so fast mainly because I beat the game 4 times now and I had to beat it at least twice. At least in this game your world really changes with your decisions. A few upgrades here and there based off of what you did in the story is not worth replaying the story for me. But seeing what happens to Bower lake, Aurora, ect. when you decide to be evil compared to being good IS something I found worth the effort. And I wasn't disappointed. There were significant changes all around and almost all decisions ACTUALLY affected your world. I was, and am very happy with that and the game its self (excluding the existence of a few bugs)

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Whether you like it or not, Fable 3 failed. It took just about everything good from Fable 2 and either watered it down or cut it out entirely, and, considering Fable 2 was nowhere near as good as the original, that's a really, really bad thing.

Well that's not entirely true. To fix this statement it should read 'whether you like it or not fable 3 failed ME', because in my opinion fable 3 is the best yet.

The differences between the first game and the most recent one are great enough for me' to understand that some people liked the first one more. But why do you feel the second one was worse than the first?

I personally value the ability to customize your character how you'd like them to be, the first one introduced morality morphs, the second one introduced purity morphs, clothing (because the armor no longer provided a benefit in combat, all clothing became personalized) and the third one introduced weapon morphs and a general world morph and the extreme morph. This is just one reason why I feel the way I do.

And to the guy that almost has everything, don't quit!!! I'm envious of your 99% but you've gotta stretch it to 100!

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Well that's not entirely true. To fix this statement it should read 'whether you like it or not fable 3 failed ME', because in my opinion fable 3 is the best yet.

The differences between the first game and the most recent one are great enough for me' to understand that some people liked the first one more. But why do you feel the second one was worse than the first?

I personally value the ability to customize your character how you'd like them to be, the first one introduced morality morphs, the second one introduced purity morphs, clothing (because the armor no longer provided a benefit in combat, all clothing became personalized) and the third one introduced weapon morphs and a general world morph and the extreme morph. This is just one reason why I feel the way I do.

And to the guy that almost has everything, don't quit!!! I'm envious of your 99% but you've gotta stretch it to 100!
The customisation... epic. I'm about 70% there. Most of the weapons, keys, gnomes, outfits, etc. but not all... yet.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I completed 3 times, did most of the things on each, stopped playing, started playing The Sims 3 and New Vegas...

demondeath71

Reaction score

I have to agree here. But the only real downside for me involving weapon morphs, or weapons in general is that each weapon isn't individualized. Each weapon model is designated to about 3 or 4 weapons. It feels a bit cheap. But then again that is only skins (but it would be nice if lionhead decided to go the extra mile and re-skin a bunch of the weapons so everything looks different.)

Also the emote system (if you can call it that) makes me a little sad. I don't know why I have to keep going in and out (immature laughs go here) of the interact menu to get the one emotion I want.

People, I think, are overreacting a little bit to the problems with the game. Sure there are bugs and sure there are things that could have been done better. But a lot of stuff that is wrong with the game can be fixed. Whether it gets fixed or is fixed in a timely manner is another story all together.

I completed 3 times, did most of the things on each, stopped playing, started playing The Sims 3 and New Vegas...
I love The Sims 3. So much fun also I feel it has a little bit of Fable in it with these opportunities.

"You have a chance to illegally take money out of your campaign fund and pocket it, do you want to do it?"(I am in the political career track)

NO!!! I don't want to get bad deeds. Just let me go to work, go home and read a cook book for 23 hours to get 1/5 of the way to my next level I am sick of making juice and burning it. STOP TRYING TO CORRUPT ME GAME! lol

Zangash

Reaction score

Purity morphs were taken out of Fable 3. Clothing was also severely limited, and has only gone down in number. Weapon morphing failed, as morphing according to what monsters you kill fails in a game as linear as this. I always get the hollow men morph. Do I have a choice NOT to kill hollow men? I don't think so... And World Morphs are nothing new. In Fable 2 you could turn Bowerstone Old Town into a slum completely void of law enforcement or a Bustling hive of business, and you could turn the Westcliff camp into a civilized town, complete with guards and lack of crime and bandits. Only different is that you can morph more things, but since the game pushes you to make one decision over another, the effect is really taken away.

Care to give me a reason that's, like, actually CORRECT as to why you like Fable 3 more?

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Certainly, but first I didn't know purity morphs were removed I just thought they were hidden. I have a hero who lowered rent and was good and one that left rent the same and there is a noticeable difference in the glow, eye color etc.

Also, are you sure there are less clothes in fable 3 than in fable 2? Last I counted there are 92 (not including Hals armor) in fable 2 and 107 (not including both highlander sets and the industrial armor). So I think that fact checks out.

As for 'actually 'correct'' reasons, how about the touch system, the improved graphics, the gnomes, 3d gui's instead of menus and yeah I really like the story better in 3 than 2. Plus I got attached to Walter, Sabine, ben Finn, swift, and almost page. In fable 2 I only really connected with the dog and hammer. Plus I love how creepy the crawler is. Much better villain than lucien as I consider Lucien just another one of theresa's puppets so a more apt comparison would be Lucien v. Logan and yeah I love Logan. The one piece of paper you read from him talking about Albion is incredibly moving. Especially when you realize where he's coming from.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Fable II, but the first one is certainly better in all aspects, be it gameplay or story. One thing that bothered me in II was the lack of mistery, of a Fabley feel that it's predecessor concealed with it's lore and art style.
It felt really watered down to appeal to wider audiences which is good for newcomers to the series, but not to fans of the original. Now in a completely out of place statement, I also thought that Fable III had absolutely NO lore. I mean, where are the books? the descriptions for each item? The really intriguing sidequests?

Anyhow OT:
I've seen and done everything this game has to offer, I have all the items minus two elusive makeups and I've run out of things to do. I shall wait patiently for Nov. 23

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Fable II, but the first one is certainly better in all aspects, be it gameplay or story. One thing that bothered me in II was the lack of mistery, of a Fabley feel that it's predecessor concealed with it's lore and art style.
It felt really watered down to appeal to wider audiences which is good for newcomers to the series, but not to fans of the original. Now in a completely out of place statement, I also thought that Fable III had absolutely NO lore. I mean, where are the books? the descriptions for each item? The really intriguing sidequests?

Anyhow OT:
I've seen and done everything this game has to offer, I have all the items minus two elusive makeups and I've run out of things to do. I shall wait patiently for Nov. 23

Or find those makeups ...?

Zangash

Reaction score
Certainly, but first I didn't know purity morphs were removed I just thought they were hidden. I have a hero who lowered rent and was good and one that left rent the same and there is a noticeable difference in the glow, eye color etc.

Also, are you sure there are less clothes in fable 3 than in fable 2? Last I counted there are 92 (not including Hals armor) in fable 2 and 107 (not including both highlander sets and the industrial armor). So I think that fact checks out.

As for 'actually 'correct'' reasons, how about the touch system, the improved graphics, the gnomes, 3d gui's instead of menus and yeah I really like the story better in 3 than 2. Plus I got attached to Walter, Sabine, ben Finn, swift, and almost page. In fable 2 I only really connected with the dog and hammer. Plus I love how creepy the crawler is. Much better villain than lucien as I consider Lucien just another one of theresa's puppets so a more apt comparison would be Lucien v. Logan and yeah I love Logan. The one piece of paper you read from him talking about Albion is incredibly moving. Especially when you realize where he's coming from.

First off, you seem to be pretending I'm talking about Fable 2. No, Fable 2 was terrible, too. And as for your "Actually correct" reasons, the touch system was pure crud (Hey, Mister jail escapee! Hold my hand so we can merrily skip back to the guard together!), the characters were nowhere close to being as attaching as the original(And what happened to being given the choice to kill them?). I mean, Whisper was such a good character. Had a specific little nickname for you, always competed against you, had a mean-spirited brother, teamed with you, and even begged you not to kill her off. What did Sabine do to make you care? Make you go through annoying tasks in the beginning and curse you if you don't fulfill your promise to him. Both Lucien and Logan as villains sucked, Hammer was annoying as all holy hell (So I guess they did draw a good connection between us two... why the hell couldn't I kill the bi*** again?), and the Crawler was rushed and didn't engage as an opponent.

Care to come up with some more factually false information for me to shred up like junk mail from The Tire Co.?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Calm it down - thank you.

Lynne

Reaction score
First off, you seem to be pretending I'm talking about Fable 2. No, Fable 2 was terrible, too. And as for your "Actually correct" reasons, the touch system was pure crud (Hey, Mister jail escapee! Hold my hand so we can merrily skip back to the guard together!), the characters were nowhere close to being as attaching as the original(And what happened to being given the choice to kill them?). I mean, Whisper was such a good character. Had a specific little nickname for you, always competed against you, had a mean-spirited brother, teamed with you, and even begged you not to kill her off. What did Sabine do to make you care? Make you go through annoying tasks in the beginning and curse you if you don't fulfill your promise to him. Both Lucien and Logan as villains sucked, Hammer was annoying as all holy hell (So I guess they did draw a good connection between us two... why the hell couldn't I kill the bi*** again?), and the Crawler was rushed and didn't engage as an opponent.

Care to come up with some more factually false information for me to shred up like junk mail from The Tire Co.?

You're going to make it very difficult on yourself in these parts if you keep on. It's an OPINION. There are no factual opinions. A fact: There are stores to buy in Bowerstone. An Opinion: There aren't enough stores to buy in Bowerstone.

Let me show you.
Fact: Hammer is a character in Fable 2.
Opinion: Hammer was "annoying as all holy hell."

Fact: Lucien and Logan are Fable villians.
Opinion: Lucien and Logan as villians sucked.

Fact: The Crawler is a creature in Fable 3.
Opinion: The Crawler was rushed and didn't engage you as a player.

Fact: Fable 3 has a touch system.
Opinion: Fable 3's touch system is pure crud.

Would you like me to continue? I can say the sky is blue but it doesn't make it fact. I could say Fable 3 is the best gave evar!!!!111 and that wouldn't be fact either. My opinions aren't fact, they are opinions, just like yours, and neither one is true or false. The only person your opinions are true for are you.
/rant.

Zangash

Reaction score
You're going to make it very difficult on yourself in these parts if you keep on. It's an OPINION. There are no factual opinions. A fact: There are stores to buy in Bowerstone. An Opinion: There aren't enough stores to buy in Bowerstone.

Let me show you.
Fact: Hammer is a character in Fable 2.
Opinion: Hammer was "annoying as all holy hell."

Fact: Lucien and Logan are Fable villians.
Opinion: Lucien and Logan as villians sucked.

Fact: The Crawler is a creature in Fable 3.
Opinion: The Crawler was rushed and didn't engage you as a player.

Fact: Fable 3 has a touch system.
Opinion: Fable 3's touch system is pure crud.

Would you like me to continue? I can say the sky is blue but it doesn't make it fact. I could say Fable 3 is the best gave evar!!!!111 and that wouldn't be fact either. My opinions aren't fact, they are opinions, just like yours, and neither one is true or false. The only person your opinions are true for are you.
/rant.

I like how you quoted my opinions, yet twisted all of his/her opinions into facts. Nowhere did he/she simply say "Fable 3 had a touch system" or "Lucien and Logan are Fable villains", and if he/she did, It'd be lovely if you'd point it out for me.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ugh - this is becoming very reminiscent of...hmmm...

Take it PM's people, if it's that important to you.

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
I like how you quoted my opinions, yet twisted all of his/her opinions into facts. Nowhere did he/she simply say "Fable 3 had a touch system" or "Lucien and Logan are Fable villains", and if he/she did, It'd be lovely if you'd point it out for me.

Zangash, read it again! She is merely pointing out what is fact and what is opinion and how they differ!

Zangash

Reaction score
Zangash, read it again! She is merely pointing out what is fact and what is opinion and how they differ!

I was more pointing out how she decided to pick me apart for stating opinions when he/she was stating just as many.

But I'm done anyways, to the admins discretion, although I am curious as to what this is "reminiscent of"...

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
ScousaJ, I have some advice to give you, after seeing some of your other comments 'round this site I would highly advice you sticking to the first fable forums, as it appears that you feel all the other games are rubbish, Either that or you enjoy a good flame war.

Status
Not open for further replies.