• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Social Interactions Are... "Liberal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

enactment11

Chicken Rebel
Reaction score
I personally like the touch system and the expressions are much more dynamic than before but like what others said, I want to chose what I want to do, not do what I cant help but choose. Maybe it's a technical difficulty they couldnt overcome? Still, I prefer this expression use over Fable 2, if they'd just allow us to choose our expressions.

Faedil

Reaction score
i think the streamlining might have gone a bit too far, but to me it seems to be the same issue as like.......windows vista for instance. windows did all this research on what people wanted, then proceeded to give them everything they asked for....and people hate it. lionhead most likely did the same thing. people complained about bulky menus, so goodbye menus. people most likely complained about villiagers mobbing them when they were trying to focus on one specific villiager, so goodbye multi-villager expressions. while the expression wheel gave players more flexibility in how they interacted with villagers, having to open it up, choose a category, choose and expression, then hold it and manage to let go inside the green area (which should be easy, but can also be easily missed) took time and the joystick control didnt always go directly to the expression you wanted. i think the user interface needs a balance between what fable 2 was and what fable 3 is. maybe in a future patch they can work in some code that at least gives you 2 good options and 2 evil options instead of just one. however, i think changing the interaction system for the entire game is more complicated than people think and the chances of it changing are probably slim. :(

enactment11

Chicken Rebel
Reaction score
On the bright side, the interactions are much more interesting than a list of conversation options. *cough* Bioware *cough*. Sometimes people DONT want to talk about their feelings and their history all day but dance and walk hand in hand. I think people give it less credit than it deserves.

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
What mostly annoys me, is if you give a beggar money and they begin to love you, you cannot give them money again as "give money" replaces itself with "propose marriage."

Status
Not open for further replies.