• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

some bits of new fable 3 news

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
some bits of new fable 3 news

the following quote is cut at parts. i purposefully left out certain paragraphs that talk about things we already know :p
Peter Molyneux said:
[1:17] Peter Molyneux is onstage talking about Fable II going episodic. He says Fable II is in five chapters, and each of these chapters has a natural break. The first chapter will be free, when players get to the end of the chapter or buy the rest of the game. All this happens in-game, and it will be released September 29. It will also be fully compatible with the expansions Knothole Island and See the Future.

[1:23] "We want you to be king or queen, but you're not going to be that right away. You start as the son or daughter from your Fable II saved game," says Molyneux.

[1:24] "You will inherit your past indiscretions," he continues.

[1:26] Molyneux: "You're going to overthrow the terrible tyrant that overrules Albion. You're also going to have to promise some things to the people of Albion. Like politicians in the real world, you're going to have to promise everything. You know, I look at Obama and he looks a bit haggard now. It looks like the truth has been revealed to him."

[1:29] "In the journey to rule, you're still gaining support. You're having to fight, and that doesn't change when you become ruler. You can still go and visit places within Albion. One of the things you can do with all [your] gold, is decide where to allocate it. You can say 'I'm going to build up a certain region' or 'I'm gonna let some people off their taxes.'"

[1:31] "50 years on, Albion looks a lot different, a lot more industrial. A lot of injustice, a lot of crime takes place. What are you going to do about that? A good portion of this game is set in places you've never seen before."

[1:48] "Unlike in Fable II, where you would just press A to save the child, once you've got touch, you run up, the child is pulling against you. You can pull them through the fire, through the door, and then outside where everyone can see you've saved a child. I'm going to tease you with how we're doing this, and it's one sliver of what we're doing with Fable III." The way that Molyneux is gesturing, it sounds like he's talking about Natal, although he doesn't mention it by name.

what we've learned:

-there will be future "episodes". this could be referring to new dlc for fable 2

-not only will you be the child of your fable 2 hero. your decisions with them will somehow have effects on your fable 3 hero or the fable 3 world.

-you will clearly not overthrow your fable 2 hero. it will probably be someone who usurps the thrown or someone who rules a larger land than just albion (aurora? albion+samarkand?)

-albion will be in a state of chaos...crime. you will choose where you want the kingdoms money to go....your pocket? tax breaks? helping the economy of a certain region? etc...

-touch system will entail interacting with npcs in a more literal sense.
i.e. rather than "press a to open door" it becomes "place hand on doorknob, turn, and push"
in my opinion something that sounds like a feature for those with project natal.
this has probably been discovered already though...

EDIT (2 times): (1) added a few snippets i missed by accident
(2) thanks firis. the capital letters may have won this thread, but they will never win the forum.

source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6215595.html

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: some bits of new fable 3 news

+rep dude, thanky :)

EDIT: You Capitalised Albion.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;352800 said:
this could be referring to new dlc for fable 2

YAY! :D

-not only will you be the child of your fable 2 hero. your decisions with them will somehow have effects on your fable 3 hero or the fable 3 world.

Awesome! I was hoping for confirmation that your Fable 2 save would affect your Fable 3 world! :D

-you will clearly not overthrow your fable 2 hero.

Good, that makes a completely new character more possible.

+rep for Cheez! :D

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

I hope its a new DLC tho i doubt it since they already released the Game Of The YEar edition...

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Devil Keyz;352823 said:
I hope its a new DLC tho i doubt it since they already released the Game Of The Year edition...
yeah my thoughts exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.