• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Some help with Fable Explorer please?

Stormie1126

Reaction score
Ok, so I redownloaded Fable Anniversary this week, and ended up looking into the modding scene after all these years.

After scouring Google off and on for two days, I found out about Fable Explorer (was initially trying to find a way to remove scars, since I managed to get a super ugly one right on my face during the training prologue, and immediately went 'lolnope'). Found a post detailing how for the original version of the game, which still worked great for F:A. Since then I've also been searching for a way to alter other aspects of my appearance, like body hair removal. I FINALLY found this old thread for the original TLC: http://fablehero.com/threads/how-to-remove-will-tattoos-and-aging-effects.7874/

But the problem is, when I open up that last archive link, I don't see anything with BODY or HAIR or WILL, like the other post says I should. Instead I see a lot of "Unknown" and "Archive not open" listings-literally every entry is like this. Screencap for example:

b446d67b62.png

Did I do something wrong, is there a way to solve this? Or am I stuck with body hair?

ventusstrife

Reaction score
The problem is that Anniversary doesnt use the same format for the textures archive as Chapters did, and so it cant read the information. I'm unsure if simply converting the file from its current format to .big would work, but you might want to try that, and then manually load it in FE.

As for being stuck with the scars, you CAN delete them. You just need the entry controlling scars, and then delete them all. After that, just change the number of entries from its current number to a 0, click Apply Changes, and then save/run fable. I'd advise against trying the same with other menus, however. The HeroMorphs, for example, has more than just Will or Evil morphs.