• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Some Thoughts on the Ending(s)

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
I recently did a playthrough of Fable: The Lost Chapters, this time on PC, and I started looking at some of the finer details of the game. I have noticed several things about the different possible endings, and I would like to ask members of the community to aid me by pointing out things they have noticed during their own playthroughs and/or personal research:

Good-Good Ending
Guildmaster: It was a battle that would be talked about for centuries to come, the day the Hero of Oakvale slew the dragon Jack of Blades, the day the strange creature behind the mask was finally banished from this world. And this is where our tale must end, though even the most hopeful of hearts knew the struggle between good and evil would never be truly over. As for what became of the Guild and its Heroes...that is a story for another time...

Good-Evil Ending
Guildmaster: The dragon was slain, and yet a tremor ran through the world. Skies darkened and every man, woman and child in Albion succumbed to a petrified hush. The Hero and Jack of Blades were one. What chaos and pain they would bring none could say. Yet even in the most hopeless of hearts, one thing was certain; whenever evil rose, there would always be someone to fight it.

Evil-Good Ending
Guildmaster: It was a battle that would be talked about for centuries to come, the day the Hero of Oakvale slew the dragon Jack of Blades, the day the strange creature behind the mask was finally banished from this world. What would become of the Guild and its Heroes, of the men and women of Albion, no one could say. Only one thing was certain: the struggle between good and evil, between the weak and the powerful, would go on forever.

Evil-Evil Ending
Guildmaster: The dragon was slain, and yet a tremor ran through the world. Skies darkened and every man, woman and child in Albion succumbed to a petrified hush. The Hero and Jack of Blades were one. What chaos and pain they would bring none could say. Yet here our tale must end. And what happened to the Guild and its Heroes? That is a story for another time...

I will pose my questions first, and make my comments later.

Question 1. How many endings are there? I know that there were four possible endings in the original Fable, which would have been GOOD/GOOD, GOOD/EVIL, EVIL/GOOD, and EVIL/EVIL. Is this mechanic used for the endings in Fable: TLC?

Question 2. Why is the tone of the GOOD/GOOD ending so dreary? It may just be my own experience, but it just seemed a bit off, unlike the optimistic tone of the original Fable ending.

Question 3. As I stated in Question 1, I am unsure if an EVIL/GOOD ending exists, but if it does, does it match up with the GOOD/EVIL ending and omit the "here our tale must end" line? [Note: Resolved. I searched the game files and actually found the EVIL/GOOD ending in question.]

Now that I have asked my questions, I will give my personal opinion of the endings:

-I really liked the difference in music/color for the different endings. I thought it was very appropriate, though I would have preferred different artwork for each ending, as was done in the original Fable.
-I hated the GOOD/GOOD ending. It seemed like they didn't spend much time writing it, and it felt odd. It just seems like the writers would have put more effort into this ending than the ending in the original Fable.

All discussion is appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited: