• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Someone Worth Marrying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
Someone Worth Marrying

In the first fable, we actually had one person worth marrying, although it was only one person, it was something. That was lady Grey. In Fable 2 there is no one worth marrying, everyone's the same.(oh wait, tere is a lady grey...) It doesnt make any difference. And I wish my character could marry another hero. So that when you use the follow expression, your spouse will travel with you and fight. And I want a unique character to marry in the game. One of a kind. I would've wanted my female character to marry reaver, or my male character to marryu hammer. I mean like, after beating the story, or somewhere in the middle of the story, the choice to marry a storyline character. Is that too much to ask for? I'm pretty sure others have wanted the same.

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score
Re: Someone Worth Marrying

I wanted to marry Reaver throughout Fable 2 and it made me crazy that I couldn't really interact with any of the Heroes. ><
They definitely need more interaction capabilities with main characters in the next game.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

well, there's Alex from the "Til death do us part" quest, (s)he is one of a kind.

And even if you could marry another hero, you'd have to marry Reaver with a male character. If you listen to what he says when you first enter his rear passage with him, he mentions sleeping with someone named Andrew...he's gay

Fabled Ravrn

Reaction score

It's all within his diary, actually. He describes some stuff about the night his lady-friend burned down his mansion...

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Actually he's bisexual. Anyway, lady grey (in the first game) actually made you do stuff to marry her. You had to go get her a gift, and dig up something and stuff. For most characters you just have to do a couple of expressions, get em a ring and a house and your set. I want a quest to marry special characters...
There is no real bond between your spouse and you in the game. its just give them some money and leave, and visit sometimes and get presents and house bonuses.. nothing much... Its not even hard to marry a character. Its no challenge. I want it to be hard to marry even regular characters, because i never gave any of my spouses gifts to marry them. Its too easy...

And lol, your a red sox fan...? Im here in New York.... lol, but no i'm no yankee fan, i like the mets better, but then again i'm not much into baseball...

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

The entire romance aspect of the game needs to be redone from the ground up, if you ask me. There's no challenge or immersion there. All you have to do is give your desired other a few gifts and pump your arms a few times and suddenly you know each other well enough to get married and raise a family. And just to add push to shove, there's no reward for doing this, and the whole "I killed your family" thing at the end of Fable II was incredibly redundant. Seriously, I couldn't care less about my family, and the only reason I pick Family time and time again is because I want my goddamn dog back.

They need to make getting married and raising a family something you have to actively work at. For instance, they could include a dating feature where you take your boyfriend/girlfriend out on a romantic outing and perform various activities until the date ends. They could also give the NPCs an actual personality so I don't feel like the chick I'm hitting on isn't the result of a cookie cutter.

Bkoz

Reaction score

Hm.. I've never actually thought about that, great idea.
That would be so fun especially if you had a child who grew and would fight along side you. The only saddening part would be if one of your loved ones died but it happens.
I support.
^_^

Kupu

Berserker
Reaction score

Bkoz;328665 said:
Hm.. I've never actually thought about that, great idea.
That would be so fun especially if you had a child who grew and would fight along side you. The only saddening part would be if one of your loved ones died but it happens.
I support.
^_^
Like the idea of your kid growing up and fighting with you on your adventure and if your spose was also a hero that would be cool.It would also be cool if you marryed some one with a house already like a unique house that you can only get by marrying that person

R

Razorback

My flatmate told me that on his first character he ended up with five wives, lord knows how many kids (half of 'em bastards) and over fifty venereal diseases. That about sums up the marriage aspect of this game. Getting cool spells, clothes and weapons takes hours/days of hard work and a certain amount of luck. Getting a loving spouse takes five minutes with a cheap ring and a gypsy hovel. I mean, in Canis Canem Edit it takes ten times as much work just to convince one of your female classmates to make out with you in the hallway. Not to mention that once you've built up your reknown, you get random villagers wandering up to you in the street and offering marriage.

I agree, it needs to be redone. At the very least, they need to make the people harder to win over, and get rid of the feature that allows you to push Y and learn all about them in advance (is there no mystery in romance any more?). I also think that courtship with a character (even a minor one) should be a quest unto itself.

Cain

Reaction score

Ok you can't get bastards fable 2. Bastards are illegitimate kids and you can't have them in fable 2.

GaEv

Reaction score

necromancer11;328602 said:
well, there's Alex from the "Til death do us part" quest, (s)he is one of a kind.

And even if you could marry another hero, you'd have to marry Reaver with a male character. If you listen to what he says when you first enter his rear passage with him, he mentions sleeping with someone named Andrew...he's gay

He talks about sleeping with one male and speaks of having a relationship with at least three women.

He's bisexual/pansexual.

R

Razorback

Azrael;328714 said:
Ok you can't get bastards fable 2. Bastards are illegitimate kids and you can't have them in fable 2.

Really? I must have misunderstood him.

I haven't been nearly as prolific with the marryin' as him. My female character married the male version of Alex and had one kid, then lost them due to a glitch in the Rescue Quest. She then stole Lady Grey from the gravedigger, got engaged, left her in the graveyard while I looked for funds to buy a new house, and now can't find her again (another glitch?). I've also tried the "come back to my place" thing on a few people, but they always insist on marriage first.

Anyway, further to my earlier point: If you're going to marry someone in the game, there should be a quest involved. For a minor "villager" character this could be one fairly simple quest ("Help me escape from my parents and take me to a new town and I'll marry you") and for more prominent ones - another adventurer, the daughter of a nobleman, etc - there could be a series of quests. It could be the old "Perform three difficult tasks and win my daughter's hand" thing, or it could be something more mundane ("If you want my daughter you'll have to clean yourself up and buy a decent house, and also survive one of my dinner parties..."). Possibly this could limit the number of people you can marry, but I'd rather have a handful of difficult romantic conquests than a whole world full of easy/uneventful ones.

Also, the kids should age over time, even if they do it ridiculously fast. Even if they just went through stages - Baby to Child to Early Teen to Late Teen/Adult, with a few months of game time elapsing in between. It could open up a whole new set of quests revolving around parenting as well - teaching your kids a trade, saving them from things, chasing after your wayward daughter who's run off with her boyfriend (ain't karma a bitch?).

GaEv

Reaction score

I like the idea of children aging more. Fighting alongside them would be fun.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I would LOVE to watch my children grow up, teach them to be heroes and fight along side them, that would be awesome.

and razorback, you can have sex with villagers before you're married. just go to where it tells you more about the villager, and if it describes them as unchaste, and their sexual orientation allows them to be attracted to you, you can have sex with them. and if you're a man having unprotected sex with a woman, or vice versa, you or the other person will become pregnant, and they will continuously insist on marrying you (although if that happens when you're a woman, you still don't get a huge belly over time. I know, it's weird).

Cain

Reaction score

No they don't become pregnant. They just like you more.

Cain

Reaction score

Yes that as well. Which is why you should only use pig intestine condoms. Always remember to have protection. Bring an Axe with you.

R

Razorback

There seem to be some differences of opinion here.

I seem to recall, with an earlier character that I deleted early on (I forget why, some technical issue) I had unprotected sex with a gypsy girl. I then heard her saying that there was a baby on the way, and a male voice going "Oh no, please no," or something similar.

I don't recall if I was married to her. I suspect I wasn't.

Only one way to solve this. I think I'll go try to knock up one of those unchaste city girls and see what comes of it.

Cain

Reaction score

I have had sex with loads of woman and I haven't been married to them and not once has one of them been pregnant.

R

Razorback

Having now had unprotected extramarital sex with three of the less chaste Bowerstone ladies (the jeweller, the furntiture seller and one of the housewives) I have zero bastard babies to show for it. I do, however, have one STD. Guess that theory's busted.

Now I'd best get back to my wife at the gypsy camp. She keeps nagging me to buy more furniture for the caravan. Where are we supposed to put it, I ask her? Can't live with 'em, eh...?

Status
Not open for further replies.