• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spaced out mushroom men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Spaced out mushroom men

I did search for this, so forgive me if one of you finds it elsewhere, but you know when the hippies at Lookout Point start going on about mushrooms and ask you to retrieve one from the Guild for them, is that just to give you a shove in the right direction in order to complete the Sick Child side quest or do they actually want it for themselves? Whenever I fish out the shroom and go to find them, they've disappeared and never return. A kind of dummy side-quest then?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Spaced out mushroom men

Angel;45909 said:
I did search for this, so forgive me if one of you finds it elsewhere, but you know when the hippies at Lookout Point start going on about mushrooms and ask you to retrieve one from the Guild for them, is that just to give you a shove in the right direction in order to complete the Sick Child side quest or do they actually want it for themselves? Whenever I fish out the shroom and go to find them, they've disappeared and never return. A kind of dummy side-quest then?

I think they MADE it a shove in the right direction. It could have originally been a sidequest that they changed (like the talentless bard)

Recently I've been looking at the maps of albion and it lists which quests take place there.
I've been the beggar and bully EVERYWHERE. like a quest with them in bowerstone Markers where they're supposed to be standing. (that's the way they run in the beginning isn't it?) And I've seen it else where as well, but I've never seen the characters actually there. Another dummy quest? like the talentless bard I suppose.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I got a blue mushroom from Barrow Fields before the one in the guild and they don't take it. I guess it's a good thing if you want to complete the quest since there are only four to be found. I guess you could go to Lookout Point that's closer

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I was just curious, more than anything. I don't like kids, so I didn't bother giving my shroom to the witch. Pity you can't give them to others or eat them yourself and go nuts...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;46016 said:
I was just curious, more than anything. I don't like kids, so I didn't bother giving my shroom to the witch. Pity you can't give them to others or eat them yourself and go nuts...

I tried eating one once. It made me sad that it didn't work. It could be like drinking...But so much cooler.
Maybe the shrooms are the road to the sandgoose :ninja::lol:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I shall ride my sandgoose with my Singing Sword held aloft, racing after the bard Temmins and stuffing blue mushrooms in my face.

See, they do work after all...:wacko:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;46019 said:
I shall ride my sandgoose with my Singing Sword held aloft, racing after the bard Temmins and stuffing blue mushrooms in my face.

See, they do work after all...:wacko:

:lol::lol:

that's what I don't get about the sand goose thing (sorry about the off topic again)
The man at the beginning calls the woman his little sandgoose.
but a sandgoose is supposed to be like this Chicken looking thing that's as big as a house..how is that a compliment?
Maybe she was on those shrooms.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

*shrugs* either that or the man is on the shrooms...a bunch of kids could drive you to that, I s'pose...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

they dont ask u to do anything, they just say "if i only had my mushroom of truth..." and "that door with a face freaked me out and i dropped the mushroom into the pond"

they dont directly ask u for the mushroom, they just tell you where it is, so it is obviously a hint as to where it is, and not an unfinished quest

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I know they don't ask you for it outright, but the trader with the stupidly tall hat on says (aside from "I think fairies have burrowed their way into my gums") "You're from the Guild, aren't you? Man, what a place. Hey, if you go back there, maybe you can find our mushroom."

Pretty close to asking for it...it just seemed odd to me that they just disappear after you pick up the mushroom - I even tried giving them a mushroom I already had, but no deal.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i think they ran off to find the cops and report that you're in posession of drugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.