• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spawning Chests

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Re: Spawning Chests

Phoonix;339253 said:
and how exactly do you get to the chest? i mean won't it be standing in the midle of an area you can't get to :/ I'm new to this so meh.
Yeah, so you move it to somewhere you can get to it.

Phoonix

Reaction score

and you do that how? i have searched around a bit on how to but whiteout success :/

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

I don't know how much easier people can explain this....

1st of all: Have Albion Explorer installed (It will only run properly if you have the .wad extracted correctly)

Then: Run it, go to the 'Maps' tab and find the desired map of your choice, double click on it and then click on 'World Editor'.

Then right click on the map name in the left area and select 'Wizard...'

then change the Template to 'Normal Treasure Chest' and click ok.

The chest will spawn on the map in the top right corner, so you have to click and drag it to a spot of your choice. (use the Mouse Wheel to zoom in and out of the map, hold the mouse wheel to move the map up, down, left, right, etc....)

Now, in the left section where the map name is listed, lick on the [+], then click on the [+] in the NULL under the map name. Go ALL the way to the bottom of the NULL section to find 'Object [OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE]'

click ONCE on that, now in the tiny box in the bottom left corner, there will be a list of crap for the chest, scroll all the way down until you find this: ContainerContents[0] "OBJECT_SWORD_OF_AEONS";

using THAT part you can edit the chests contents with whatever you want.

---NOTE--- You can use Chocolate Box to spawn the treasure chest and edit its contents MUCH MUCH easier. A monkey could do it, it's that easy.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Phoonix;339265 said:
and you do that how? i have searched around a bit on how to but whiteout success :/
Click and drag.

It says how to do it in the thread you're posting in.

Phoonix

Reaction score

does it? ah well i must have over read that :/ 2 posts up i know all that. i simply didn't see how to move the chest. like i said over read it.

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

well, you click on it when you find its green dot, then hold it once u click, and move your curser to move it.

L

luke4live

Perfect! Helped me alot!!
+rep +rep And +rep a thousand times!

S

StonedApe

I can't seem to get the chest to actually appear in-game. In Albion Explorer it will save, but none of my changes will show up in game.

fablemodnotworking.png

That picture pretty much speaks for itself. The chest is there but it is not showing up in-game.

S

StonedApe

For some reason I can't get the chest to show up in-game. It saves in Ablion explorer so I am fairly sure it should be there. Or am I just doing something wrong? Here is a pic.

fablemodnotworking.png

R

Rashira

I am new to this forum so i am unsure if this is the place to put this, or if there is a separate thread for problems but, whenever i try to load the world map of the hero's guild, the program crashes.

Also, i have to navigate through my system files to open the finalalbion.wld it doesn't load after the "cannot find fable registry information" popup behind the splash screen.

I use windows 7 and i have the release 7 of AE.
what do i do?

Dorian Saignren

Prince of Masks
Reaction score

I've been trying to use Shadownet to spawn a chest, but just Shadownet, and I'm having a little hitch, I can't seem to figure out how to get the game to read from the STB file that is made when you recompile the FinalAlbion.wad. Can anyone help with that? I've looked all over the forums using what I can to search, but nothing's working and it won't let me search the term "STB" alone either...

Dorian Saignren

Prince of Masks
Reaction score

Thanks dude ^_^ The south pole remark hit the nail on the head, I've been running around in circles trying to figure this one out. Hopefully the three-four days I've spent on figuring this out and repairing the damages I've accidentally done will bear fruit now ^_^

Dorian Saignren

Prince of Masks
Reaction score

Sorry for the doublepost, but I fail miserably >.< I tried everything and it still crashed, so I started from scratch again and I'm spawning small chests (the crash might have been from the quantity in the chest, idk) either way, I'm doing it this way, and I restored everything so that freeroam is working. A friend of mine pointed me to GameBooster so I'm running that now and it should help. Either way, I've done everything it says here for spawning chests, even gone back and checked the maps and seen that the chests I placed are there, but for some reason they're not in the game. I've checked that ground level button as well. Is it the number of chests or the location causing a problem? I've placed 10 chests with 10 items each into the Library Arcanum (the DD in the Guild). Anyone know where I might have messed up here?

EDIT: Ahh, found it, seems it was a simple error on my part, forgot to rename the FinalAlbion.wad and alter the userst.ini, I got a bit too eager I guess. ^_^ Well, it seems I've mastered the art of spawning chests :p Now that I've also weeded out the glitchy mods I've downloaded, and I've mastered that, time to begin anew and experiment with spawning barrels and get moving with the game ^_^ This has been a very rewarding experience ^_^

cj-chris

Cookie Monster
Reaction score

Thanks John was able to edit chest contents and thanks Dorian Saignren for sending me to this guide +rep to both

Death's Shadow

Death Angel
Reaction score

Hey, I'm a bit new to modding, but look. I followed all your instructions and I managed to put a chest (a green circle) on the map. I used lookout point and I put the chest near the statue. The contents of the chest were mods, crazybunny's "necromancer headgear" (OBJECT_HERO_HELMET_NECROMANCER) and Loki's "Skorm's Fury" (OBJECT_SKORMS_FURY), so I turned on the game and the chest wasn't there, and when I open the map in Albion Explorer again, it says that the chest is there, there is a green circle, but it's transparent, like some gray-green color. What do I do? Please help...

jwc2200

Reaction score

The first thing that comes to mind is to ask if you deleted or renamed the FinalAlbion.wad.
Next is the Z coordinate, set it to the same as the object closest to it, or right click it and check 'to ground'.

Death's Shadow

Death Angel
Reaction score

OK, I did all that, I hope it works now, I'm gonna try it out..

Death's Shadow

Death Angel
Reaction score

Damn, it still doesn't work... I put the Z coordinate the same as the nearest wall where I put it, and I marked 'to ground', but still it won't spawn. And the FinalAlbion.wad is there and it's named properly. But it still doesn't work.

Death's Shadow

Death Angel
Reaction score

JohnDoe;391240 said:
Thanks for not reading the instructions.

Rename the WAD file to anything else. You can rename it to "lol.butts" or "forteh.lulz" or anything you want, but it must not be called "FinalAlbion.wad". If that's too hard, you can move it somewhere else. And if that's beyond you, just delete it.

Why the hell would I want to remove or rename FinalAlbion.wad, I did that, I renamed it, went to lookout point and the game just crashed, no worning, no error, nothing, the sam happened when I deleted it...

X

Xegert

I did like every step and my 2 chest are shown in AE but I can't find them in the game. Can anyone tell me why?