• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Speed Runs?

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score
Fable Speed Runs?

Im not sure if this has been up before, apologies if it has.

Speed runs through Fable? Anybody done this and if so how long did it take just doing the core plot quests and completing the game? I been thinking about doing a speed run through the game to see how long it would take me but I'd like to know averages and stuff of what people have got previously.

Specify which game- TLC or Fable: Vanilla...

Edit:
Started a new game at approximately 6:45
Entering the Arena at approximately 8:55
Credits rolling at approximately 12:30

Cheating husband makes a reference to his mistress as being his "little sandgoose."

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score
Re: Speed Runs?

i got through the game in like 14 hours without doing anything other than main and side quests

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

nstalaat;171020 said:
i got through the game in like 14 hours without doing anything other than main and side quests

Really, that long, I figured it would only be 6, maybe 9 tops. I've had to restart my game twice so far- keeps frigging glitching on the load screen. Just lost about 15 minutes due to that. No less I think Im making good time, Im currently on the rescue the archeologist quest.

Did you do the Vanilla or TLC version?

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score

heh i alway consider the situation before acting thats why i rock at assassins creed

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

There ya go, credits are rolling- for a full run through the original Fable just doing the main quests takes approximately 5 hours 45 minutes. Thats including twice when the game froze and a smoke break or two.
:D

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Rhadiel;171041 said:
really? only took 4 hours for me

Was wondering how long it'd be before somebody showed up with their - "Only took me x amount of hours comments." Where were you when the thread opened up eh eh eh!! Lol, only joking.

How did you get it done in four hours? Thats pretty damn speedy, I mean i could maybe trim the 45 minutes off mine for getting used to controls again, the two crashes and a few other minor things. 4 hours though, wow!

Edit: By any chance did you check the personality page in game to get that time because mine is giving me 4 hours 20 minutes for some reason?

V

VideoGame420

Well it took me 10 hours to beat the game my friend says he did it in 9:36 mins coz he timed it...but tell you the truth fable is not one of those speed run games because there is just so much stuff to there like side quests and stuff. Now if we were talking about the old school mario then we got our selfs some competition :ninja:!

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

The fastest Fable speedrun I've seen, so far, is hosted over at Speed Demos' Archive with a total time of one hour and fifty one minutes. I haven't seen any Fable: The Lost Chapters speedruns yet, though.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;171091 said:
The fastest Fable speedrun I've seen, so far, is hosted over at Speed Demos' Archive with a total time of one hour and fifty one minutes. I haven't seen any Fable: The Lost Chapters speedruns yet, though.

One hour fifty, how is that possible. Thats amazing. Guy must have known exactly what he was doing and where he was going at pretty much every moment.
:w00t:

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

can i do this with modded one hit kill weapons if so i will restart a game and run through real fast

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

I beat Fable a little past 5 hours.

Like... 5 hours and 20 something minutes,

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Don't post in old threads.

giantsteps92

Reaction score
I am working on a speedrun at the moment. I just beat the game in 2hrs 25 min (TLC). But i have a problem. I looked at my in game time and it was 2hrs and 10min which isn't the problem. After this i made a NEW profile and immediately saved and then tried to load the state i just saved. The state had a in game time of 2 hours and 10 mins and i hadn't even spent a minute in it. So is there a bug where a previous game time is added to a new one that you make? This is kind of confusing so i thought I'd ask some fellow fans what they think.

I will be doing more runs on twitch. tv/giantsteps92 if you are interested in checking it out.

william black

I am the original archon
Reaction score
I did it in bout 8 hours I dident pratt about and only upgraded strength and skill abilitys no marriages or houses to call mine but I had a crap ton of money to waste

Last edited:

william black

I am the original archon
Reaction score
I did it in bout 8 hours I dident pratt about and only upgraded strength and skill abilitys no marriages or houses to call mine nut I had a crap ton of money to waste
Just checked it and my best time was 4.34 houres beet that biches no mods

giantsteps

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but speed running Fable tlc is a thing. Go to Speedrun .com/tlc to see the leader board or Speedrun .com/Fable_Anniversary for the heroic speed run leader board.

World record for tlc is 1:21:58
for Anniversary Heroic: 1:50:57

If you want to see some awesome fable or want to try something new with the game you love, go there and watch those videos!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but speed running Fable tlc is a thing. Go to Speedrun .com/tlc to see the leader board or Speedrun .com/Fable_Anniversary for the heroic speed run leader board.

World record for tlc is 1:21:58
for Anniversary Heroic: 1:50:57

If you want to see some awesome fable or want to try something new with the game you love, go there and watch those videos!

Just been and took a look myself and thought I would post the Link here and heres a pic of the leaderboards...

Untitled.jpg

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Considering the fact I'm a compulsive completionist, I've never been able to achieve a proper speed run before. It sure looks like a good time once in awhile though, the surprising amount of glitches and exploits folks end up finding is just wild.