• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

STAR WARS: The Force Awakens

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Omg I'm excited. I hated the last 3 but this is made by JJ Abrams I believe, the guy that remade Star Trek. Can you preorder seats at a theater???​

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I was never a big Star Wars fan. Mostly anything not involving Han Solo wasn't very exciting to me.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
:w00t:

Edit: Love the mock ones lol :lol:

Last edited:

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Did anyone else wonder how a storm trooper could look differently when they're all supposed to be clones?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
No because I didn't think he was a stormtrooper.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Apparently A few years after the clone wars they started recruiting people instead of just using clones. I dunno, career opportunities and what not, gotta love the empire with jobs all across the galaxy - you'd be mad not to join.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Yeah. Clone stormtroopers got "phased out" by default... because the whole "clone troopers" thing wasn't a thing till the prequels.

That's also why Leia said "you're a little short for a stormtrooper" not "you're a little blond for a storm trooper," or "you're a little Mark Hamil for a stormtrooper."

(PS, I'm baaaaaaaack.)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what they do with it and its a whole year away still!

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
As far as I know the guy in the Storm Trooper armor is just wearing it as a disguise, and is actually a Jedi(and possibly our main protagonist). A reference to the original trilogy probably.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
As far as I know the guy in the Storm Trooper armor is just wearing it as a disguise, and is actually a Jedi(and possibly our main protagonist). A reference to the original trilogy probably.

No evidence of that! That's just speculation!

I'd much rather he was an actual Stormtrooper. Ever read Timothy Zahn's Hand of Judgment... duology? Allegiance and Choices of One? Both awesome! Focus on a quintet of stormtrooper deserters and Mara Jade.

...thooooough to confess, if they'd just scrap the whole Force Awakens thing and replace it with movie versions of everything Timothy Zahn ever wrote in the Star Wars universe, I would be the happiest nerd boy ever.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
No evidence of that! That's just speculation!

I'd much rather he was an actual Stormtrooper. Ever read Timothy Zahn's Hand of Judgment... duology? Allegiance and Choices of One? Both awesome! Focus on a quintet of stormtrooper deserters and Mara Jade.

...thooooough to confess, if they'd just scrap the whole Force Awakens thing and replace it with movie versions of everything Timothy Zahn ever wrote in the Star Wars universe, I would be the happiest nerd boy ever.

As great as that would be I really can't see it happening what with the canonical changes to the mythos. Disney's recent announcement has uncanonized a hell of a lot including Kotor, Force Unleashed, & a lot of games and books. Infact anything not under the legend banner isn't considered canon anymore, that's to say only the movies, and the two tv-shows, and anything released after the Disney announcement is still canon.

I really want to read those books I never knew I had them till I heard about the canon changes, I remembered somebody bought me a couple of the books. So I'm pretty annoyed that they are no longer part of the actual storyline, I think it is the last two books Zhan wrote. I'll still read them, but it's the principle isn't it? Really rather rude lashing all that hard work out, I personally love Force Unleashed as a bridge between the old & new trilogy.

Anyway I know it sucks, but what 'cha gonna do?

Here's a link to everything still officially canon. Everything else is expanded universe and non-canon.

Last edited:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I loved the Dark Force Rising trilogy. I might have to read more of his work. I don't give a rats ass what Disney says. They can choose not to include any content from the expanded universe if they want it's their loss. As far as I'm concerned it happened. I think that Disney would be better served by working what they can from the expanded universe into cannon and leaving the rest to speculation. Putting out and official DIS of the expanded universe it lame.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
As great as that would be I really can't see it happening what with the canonical changes to the mythos. Disney's recent announcement has uncanonized a hell of a lot including Kotor, Force Unleashed, & a lot of games and books. Infact anything not under the legend banner isn't considered canon anymore, that's to say only the movies, and the two tv-shows, and anything released after the Disney announcement is still canon.

Here's a link to everything still officially canon. Everything else is expanded universe and non-canon.

Yeah, I don't give a **** what they say is canon. I don't think KOTOR was ever official, nor was a lot of the oft-contradictory EU stuff.

new.png

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Fanon

I loved the Dark Force Rising trilogy. I might have to read more of his work. I don't give a rats ass what Disney says. They can choose not to include any content from the expanded universe if they want it's their loss. As far as I'm concerned it happened. I think that Disney would be better served by working what they can from the expanded universe into cannon and leaving the rest to speculation. Putting out and official DIS of the expanded universe it lame.

Confession: I only ever read one, maybe two of the books in the Thrawn/Dark Force Rising trilogy. It's still on the list!

I loved his later novels about Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker. And Outbound Flight!

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
The thing about contrary stories is that a smart writer could work that in. a simple dialog between two or more characters about the contradiction where one of them says "that's not how I heard it" or "that's not how it works. You can clone a jedi but you can't clone the force." there are contradictions in every universe. Was Theresa killed by the hero of Oakvale? Even our own universe has conflicting stories. First rule of improv is no story is dismissed. They allowed the content cats out of the bag now.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
True, but some of the stuff in the novels was individuals directly contradicting themselves. Or of the simple "stuff not making sense" like inconsistent depictions of the universe or the force or whatever.

And then there's stuff like the various attempts to retcon Han Solo's incomprehension of the meaning of the word "parsec."

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
How long do Wookies live? Chewy hasn't aged a day. And Han's chicken jowls creep me right out, he's way too old for this.

Nevertheless, I'm excited.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Looking pretty awesome there, Ford doesn't look too bad to me, not as bad as I was expecting anyway.

I really hope that Boba Fett's moronic "death" from Return of the Jedi isn't canonically the end of him though. As I recall it being stated that anything EU is no longer canon. :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Trailer was great and really looking forward to seeing what they do with it, that new Sith Lord Kylo Ren looks pretty cool too. Mask looks like Revans from Knight of the old republic too.