• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Stealing without getting caught..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShindyCat

Reaction score
Stealing without getting caught..

Hi I'm very very new!:) I searched the forum and couldn't find a post like this, so forgive me if I didn't see another one. I am playing Fable II and going for EVIL! Sooo.. I'm breaking into houses, stealing, blah blah.. and immediately guards are coming. Is there any strategy to not get caught? Also, can you kill ALL of the guards, or do they just keep coming?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Stealing without getting caught..

Hallo!

Good for you for being evil - it's really the only way :lol:

Ok, so the best thing to do when stealing is make a note of the little eye which appears where the A button symbol would be when you begin a theft - this will be wide open if people have noticed you there and half open if they are aware of your presence but not really paying attention. What you want to go for is a closed eye which means you cannot be seen. If at any point during the stealing process the eye is open even just halfway, abandon the theft because you can and will be caught.

I can't remember if smashing down a locked door causes an alarm of sorts but try to avoid this method if you can because it's pretty noticeable. You can kill all guards in the vicinity for a time, from what I recall (I haven't been evil recently - I really must get back to it :lol:) but they do get more, I think...

If I'm horribly incorrect, someone will shout at me accordingly and tell you the truth but the first bit about the eye is right, if nothing else :)

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score

If you are going for Evil, there's really no reason to steal without getting caught.
I can't offer you much advice on stealth, as I never use it, but I can help you become stronger easily, so those guards should be no problem to take out.

If you have an unpatched Fable II game, go to Bowerstone Market.
Down the road that has the Male Tailor shop there's a house at the end of the road called Ogre's Palace or Monster Manor or something like that. If you buy it and sleep in the bed, it will give you boosted strength. After that, all you have to do is open up the Experience Menu and keep discarding the strength levels. They will not diminish, but you will get loads of free experience, and you can level your character without doing alot of work.

Have fun!

ShindyCat

Reaction score

Darn my game is patched :(

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

Go to to the Coloseum. Or the Crucible.

Stinky Shly

Willmaster
Reaction score
guards keep spawning, and stealing doesnt deliver that much gold..

Status
Not open for further replies.