• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Steam ID: Making it Work

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Steam ID: Making it Work

Now, I don't know exactly why I am doing this, but I am going to make a tutorial on how to get Steam ID's to actually link to you Steam profile page.

I guess I'm just kind of annoyed that a lot of people who have Steam account don't have them working properly from this link to the steam website. So I'm going to make it all pretty. With pictures and crap. Lets begin:

1. a) Log into Steam either by the client or by the website and go to Community. b) Then click on Edit my Profile.

5wnDg.jpg

2. a)Now once on this page, make sure you are on the "Profile" tab. b) Now scroll down to where it says "Custom URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BLANKBOX/. Enter your ID EXACTLY how you entered it in your options on this wonderful forum. More on that later. Just to expand this tutorial.

m2VE4.jpg

Ah, for God's sake, Photoshop is finding the need to act up and crash at regular intervals at the moment. Looks like I'll finish up the tutorial another time. You can probably figure the rest out easily. Hell, you could have figured it out if I just told you what the problem was. But now you can't complain. Aren't I nice?

TO SEE THESE IMAGES LARGER: RIGHT CLICK AND THEN CLICK VIEW IMAGE. For Firefox users anyways.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Steam ID: Making it Work

Stickied - nice job :thumbsup:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Thanks for this but im looking at this thread on work computer on Internet Explorer and you cant see the images.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

JohnDoe;383739 said:
Do they block Imgur, other image hosts or just every image?

They dont block anything as far as i know (company are to stupid for that) i think it might be because its an older version (7.0.5730.13) unsure how old this build this is as i dont usually use IE.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Damn nice guide, S-Man. Mind if I be cheeky, host those images here and update your post? Imgur is a sexy image host but if it's cool with you I'd like to have the images hosted locally, bruh. Cool?

:ninja: o_O :ninja:

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Now I'm probably just being blind or something, or possibly just stupid, but do I host them here by uploading them to a gallery or something? Because that is what I've been looking for and I swear to God it just disappeared. But when I figure it out, I will definitely do that.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Hmm... I figured it was the "me being stupid" part.

So yeah, its all cool Steve. Do what you need to do.

And I'll finish the rest of it soon, Photoshop is still giving me issues. Random crashing and whatnot. Bleh.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I suppose. I was trying to avoid using MSpaint. But I suppose it is just squares hilighting stuff. :lol:

Dentie

Reaction score

Nice guide this could really help out some people (like me ^_^)

Good job and +rep

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

projectego;383896 said:
I'd like to have the images hosted locally, bruh. Cool?
Did you really just write "bruh"? Srsly?

Oh good grief...