• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Stuck in Jail!

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score
Stuck in Jail!

In Oblivion, I choose to go to jail for stealing. How long do I have to wait to get out???? I sleep, but nothing happens!

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Stuck in Jail!

I tend to save before attempting anything in Oblivion:ninja: So I never go to jail:cool:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Just get in the bed and choose to 'do your time' or lockpick your way out.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

If when you fall asleep and wake up again, nothing happens...it's one of two things. You either are actually doing a quest involving the jail, in which case check your journal and make sure you are doing what you ought to be doing.

Other option is your game is screwy and you might want to load at a point before you get arrested.

Either way, once you get out, go to the dungeons where you were imprisoned (or the Bastion if it is in the Imperial City) and find the evidence chest. Open it, without being caught, and get all your stuff back that was confiscated as stolen goods.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Why would anyone want to go to jail? Just run like hell until the battle music stops.:lol:

Surprisingly they don't recognise you when you go back to town, well unless you talk to them...:)

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sometimes that works - I've had it where they leave you for ages and then randomly come and start beating on you just when you think you are safe. The bounty never goes away unless you either do your time, pay it off or get someone in the Thieves Guild to deal with it on your behalf.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Thieves Guild for sure! You only have to pay half of your original bounty as well. ;)

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Thanks guys, but I'm not doing any quest involeing jail and still, nothing happens when I sleep. ( I just started the game and I'm in that first city, and I didn't know that I was stealing )

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Triz;151660 said:
Thanks guys, but I'm not doing any quest involeing jail and still, nothing happens when I sleep. ( I just started the game and I'm in that first city, and I didn't know that I was stealing )

You can get questsafter going to jail but the first time you get sent there is often from being careless so that doesnt matter. You sure your sleeping in the bed and not just using the wait option?

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;151663 said:
You can get questsafter going to jail but the first time you get sent there is often from being careless so that doesnt matter. You sure your sleeping in the bed and not just using the wait option?

I'm sure, it even says, " How long whould you like to sleep? ".

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Triz;151666 said:
I'm sure, it even says, " How long whould you like to sleep? ".

Thats the wait option the proper option should say something like 'Do you want to serve your time' or words to that effect. I havent played it in a very long time so cant remember too much.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;151668 said:
Thats the wait option the proper option should say something like 'Do you want to serve your time' or words to that effect. I havent played it in a very long time so cant remember too much.

Really?!?? Where is the bed then??? When I go to my Ceil, nothing happens. Only sleeping and sitting on stool...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Triz;151670 said:
Really?!?? Where is the bed then??? When I go to my Ceil, nothing happens. Only sleeping and sitting on stool...

The bed is in the side of the cell and is quite prominent from what i remember and really hard to miss. I lockpicked my way out most the time so didnt have to sleep. :lol:

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;151680 said:
The bed is in the side of the cell and is quite prominent from what i remember and really hard to miss. I lockpicked my way out most the time so didnt have to sleep. :lol:

When I go there nothing happens... :unsure:

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Now, guards come and chase me for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I deleted the game and took it back to my friend. Go ahead and close the thread.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

The bed is sort of like a mat on the floor man, not an actual bed. Unfortunately you didn't have enough patience.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;151769 said:
The bed is sort of like a mat on the floor man, not an actual bed. Unfortunately you didn't have enough patience.

Yeah thats right, it is quite obvious you can sleep on it and what it is. ^_^