• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Stuck on Loading Screen/Game Freezes whilst loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyri

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am experiencing a serious problem with my game. This thread may seem rather unusual as the majority of the posts in here seem to be along the lines of "OMG I CAN'T CHANGE MY PET NAME!!" or "HOW DO I HAVE AN ORGY!?!?" but any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I just completed part of the "Weight of the World" questline, specifically the part where I had to acquire a statue for a "Concerned and Wealthy Citizen". Upon completion I was given "results" window stating the results and how many guild scenes I acquired so naturally I hit the A Button.

Unfortunely a little bastard came running up to me between the time of completion and pressing A and so my character simultaneously completed the quest and started the interaction with this child. The game progressed to a load/save screen showing the Treasury and 121 days to go and then proceded to herp derp and freeze.

I left the game in that state for 20 minutes before restarting and reloading and when doing so I was given the same Treasury load screen showing 121 days to go before the game herped derped and froze again.

I can't get past this loading screen.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Regards,
Hyri

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score
is your game installed on your hard drive?

Hyri

Reaction score
I solved this issue.

I'm going to write fully what the problem was and how I solved it in some simple steps. I guarantee I am not the only person to experience this issue.

Also no offence but the help on this forum seems to peak at "Restart your game lol".

This was brought about by a truly sadistic bug, basically my character was "LOCKED IN" to a social interaction with a random NPC and the game didn't want to stop, even after it had loaded a completetly different area. This caused the game to crash when loaded and also messed up the controls for my character when it finally did load.

To solve this issue I had to force the game to load and force my character to do something.

To force the load:
1) I made another profile on my Xbox and started a new character.
2)I then started a Co-Op game with a second controller and invited my bugged character to the game.
3) This loaded, so I closed the game down and loaded my main character.

With my main game up this created a new problem, my character was unable to move pressing start loading up the pause menu with the save/load/game settings options and no other controls worked.

So...

To force my character to do something:
1) I started a Co-Op game this time from my mains game and invited my new character.
2) My new character could move freely but still my main character couldn't do a god damn thing.
3) I intiated a social interaction using my new character and then cancelled it.

This unlocked everything, fixed everything and made rainbows appear in the sky.

This will properly work via a second player on Xbox Live as well but I didn't test it myself.

Hope anyone with this problem sees this, there's a lot of crap solutions out there.

Regards,
Hyri.

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score
I solved this issue.

I'm going to write fully what the problem was and how I solved it in some simple steps. I guarantee I am not the only person to experience this issue.

Also no offence but the help on this forum seems to peak at "Restart your game lol".

This was brought about by a truly sadistic bug, basically my character was "LOCKED IN" to a social interaction with a random NPC and the game didn't want to stop, even after it had loaded a completetly different area. This caused the game to crash when loaded and also messed up the controls for my character when it finally did load.

To solve this issue I had to force the game to load and force my character to do something.

To force the load:
1) I made another profile on my Xbox and started a new character.
2)I then started a Co-Op game with a second controller and invited my bugged character to the game.
3) This loaded, so I closed the game down and loaded my main character.

With my main game up this created a new problem, my character was unable to move pressing start loading up the pause menu with the save/load/game settings options and no other controls worked.

So...

To force my character to do something:
1) I started a Co-Op game this time from my mains game and invited my new character.
2) My new character could move freely but still my main character couldn't do a god damn thing.
3) I intiated a social interaction using my new character and then cancelled it.

This unlocked everything, fixed everything and made rainbows appear in the sky.

This will properly work via a second player on Xbox Live as well but I didn't test it myself.

Hope anyone with this problem sees this, there's a lot of crap solutions out there.

Regards,
Hyri.

this also happens in coop with someone else. you can fix it by interacting with your dog

bporter436

Reaction score
Hi! I'm completely new here but have been having a similar problem with my game. I used to have an original 360 and when I loaded the disc into the xbox it went through the into to the "press start" screen. When I pushed start it went to the load page but never continued to the screen to start a new game. I replaced my original 360 with a new slim 250gb model and it did the same thing. Thinking there was a problem with my disc I rented a copy from blockbuster but it did exactly the same thing! It's really frustrating! I've had the game several months now and have been wanting to play but I can't get it to load anything. HELP!!!!!

I don't know if it matters, but I downloaded the dlc that came with the game as well as a couple other dlc's before trying to play the game the first time. Is this part of my problem? Do I need to delete the dlc's, try to start a game and if one will start then re-download the dlc's?

Any help/suggestions/recommendations would be GREATLY apprciated!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.