• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Suddenly Hated Everywhere?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverBirdie

Reaction score
Nearly everyone in Brightwall and Bowerstone Market hate me... no, I haven't made any evil decisions except for choosing to save Elliot and convincing him to marry me. I donate money to every beggar, my rent was set to Low before I sold every home but my own thinking it was my being a landlord that made people hate me, I catch criminals, I don't commit crime, I don't wear evil clothes or tattoos or make-up, I work making Pies and Weapons and I'm nice to people! Yet, they hate me. I will do a relationship quest to make them be neutral again, chat em up so they stay neutral, but the next time I look at them they hate me AGAIN.
I do NOT want to stat over... AGAIN.
Is this a glitch?

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
Prob, if they hate you give them a reason to. If only you had unlimited weapons and magic......

SilverBirdie

Reaction score
Prob, if they hate you give them a reason to. If only you had unlimited weapons and magic......
I can't just kill them! This is my good game! ..actually killing those who kick my dog would make me feel much better... but no!

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
Hey I'd kill 'em for you, at the very least it will spawn new citizens maybe that would work?

Faedil

Reaction score
people have started to hate me on my good game too. no idea why. im a completely good queen and made all the good decisions.

Blaze3091

Reaction score
I believe I can explain why you're suddenly hated everywhere. I'm assuming that you guys have already beaten The Weight of the World quest and The Crawler? If so, and every single person died, when everyone returns, no matter how much they loved you originally, they will hate you as humanity was nearly wiped out under your reign.

Not for nothing, I find it ironic. If they truly cared about the kingdom, they would have donated to the Treasury at times, as opposed to just whining, complaining and all-in-all depleting the Treasury. The only one who donated to the treasury was that woman with the White Balverine statue. I filled the Treasury using money from blacksmithing and real estate so I didn't have this issue. However, that's the only feasible thing I can think of.

Faedil

Reaction score
i saved every soul in albion and people are still starting to hate me. i actually had MORE than $6.5 million in the treasury when the crawler came. i think it has something to do with owning all the real estate, even though my rent is low. might try selling some of my properties and seeing if that theory has any merit.

Blaze3091

Reaction score
Hmmm... then that is quite perplexing, Faedil. I kept my rent reasonable for them, so they don't really complain about that. I've yet to be hated anywhere and I have at least 5,000,000 on hand and 8,000,000 in the treasury now.

Faedil

Reaction score
might be a glitch, might be nothing. not really bothering me atm. just mentioned it so OP would know it was happening to others. that particular save im just using to finish achievements, having much more fun with my evil save now :)

Magerx

Reaction score
k
Nearly everyone in Brightwall and Bowerstone Market hate me... no, I haven't made any evil decisions except for choosing to save Elliot and convincing him to marry me. I donate money to every beggar, my rent was set to Low before I sold every home but my own thinking it was my being a landlord that made people hate me, I catch criminals, I don't commit crime, I don't wear evil clothes or tattoos or make-up, I work making Pies and Weapons and I'm nice to people! Yet, they hate me. I will do a relationship quest to make them be neutral again, chat em up so they stay neutral, but the next time I look at them they hate me AGAIN.
I do NOT want to stat over... AGAIN.
Is this a glitch?
kill em all.... then they'll fear ya, no more hate :D

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
Ok now the same thing is happening on my second hero, only I'm feared/hated everywhere except old town.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Same, I even thought my brother had gone on my profile and killed people but apparantly he hasn't, I'm hated by almost everyone in Brightwall but nowhere else.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Nearly everyone in Brightwall and Bowerstone Market hate me...

Do you own Houses in those locations? Problem is that as House condition % starts dropping, so does their love for you. The only way to avoid it is to only invest in Shops. Doesn't matter how frequent you repair the Houses, because a simple 1% drop is enough to cause a general relationship drop in all inhabitants.

BlackShuck063

If it bleeds, we can kill it...
Reaction score
I agree with Tsuyu, I only purchase businesses and own no houses, I keep the rent the same and have not experienced any hate from villagers. Except when I go to level up a weapon which requires me to kill innocents. I go the extra mile by conducting good expressions to gain their friendship back which will give me more quest to do. Be sure to have a weapon on you that requires completing 30 quests or make friends so it wont all be a waist of time. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.