• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tainted Dreams

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Tainted Dreams

The clouds; I was on the clouds. It felt heavenly, like I was flying. Like there was no boundaries to being a human. It's just me and the sky. The fluff surrounded my body as I soared above. Down below, was a magnificent site, lush green valleys, deer and wildlife grazing in the meadows. The sweet sound of the birds chipping, and the water falls pouring down water into the canals and rivers. An Eagle flew next to me, the wind was piercing it's wings, the feathers blowing as the wind hit them, it's sharp eyes darting around looking for any critters that might have left their hiding place. Fresh fruit, everywhere, the trees rose high up into the sky. The smell of the nature and the planet was pure unimaginable, the looks and sounds of everything. I was intrigued to feel like. I slowly descended from the clouds, hovering over the ground with my feet barely touching. As my feet touched the ground and my hands touched the grass everything changed. The grass turned to dust, the eagles became fighter pilots, the rats and other critters became people running from the jets. The tall trees became sky scrapers and industrial sights. The beautiful white clouds became grey and distorted. The lush green valleys and meadows were now and fire, and the animals were dead, either from the flames or from gun wounds. Waterfalls became blood red or multi-colored with pollution and waste. The beautiful soil beneath me became a cracked and hurt earth. The rain in the distance became ash, any remaining animals became mad and slaughtered each other. Fruits in the trees became quick food stands on the newly formed roads that had come from the ground. It was everything I hated, but loved at the same time. What have we done?​

Author Notes: Yeah, :p I don't know how many of you will view this, or comment if you do see it, but I used a bit of symbolism here... it kind of shows the evil of man, how we're always blaming others when in reality everybody is to blame. It shows the corruption, madness and hatred towards the Earth we live on and the people we live on it with. I don't know, maybe I'm just hallucinating.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Re: Tainted Dreams

That was pretty good, Sean.

I like the message.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Thank you ZJ.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

Very good, enticing and drew me in, very good imagery. I agree with it 100%. You are a good writer :)

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I like. Nice one, Sean. :)

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score