• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Talking Hero?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Fable 1+2 the hero never says anything.

Okay... he says "follow," "wait," and that's about it.

Fable 3 comes around and suddenly BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

In Fable IV, should the hero have a voice actor or be silent?

Pic related, it's my personal preference.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Well, seeing that Fable III and Fable: The Journey have main characters that actually speak full sentences, I'd say I won't be surprised if Lionhead got a proper voice actor for Fable IV as well.

Personally, I want a silent hero. The dialogue made Fable III less flexible than the previous two. It seemed like no matter if you were a tyrant or a kind ruler, you still cried for people like Walter.
I want to seem like an unfeeling son of a b**** who doesn't care for the kingdom's happiness, when I play the tyrant. Being a silent protagonist helps with that. Plus, you can shout at the screen as if you were the one providing the hero's dialogue!

littlesparrow

Reaction score
I like how it's in fable 3, makes my hero seem even more two faced than he already is..

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'll take having a voice honestly despite its issues. Was hard to care for my own character as a mute that only communicated with grunts and laughter, felt like I was controlling a buffoon.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Talking Yes, but the way they did the Interaction e.g. flirting, farting. Need to be done the same as Fable 2 I think..

IF it has talking, dont make him sound like a complete tosser.. I think your voice should change to the way your morale is.. And im sure that'd be difficult to do, but very impressive. :)

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
IF it has talking, dont make him sound like a complete tosser.. I think your voice should change to the way your morale is.. And im sure that'd be difficult to do, but very impressive. :)

Completely agree there. That would mean more work for the VAs since they have to say their lines in two/three ways, but hey! Good work equals good game!

littlesparrow

Reaction score
Wouldnt be that hard to do..all the lines for the main character would need to be recorded in about 5 different tones, the use of them would be determined based on the characters morale level

best morale would use voice 1, 2nd best would be tied to voice 2, most evil would be tied to voice 5, etc etc..
This could constantly be changing based on morale level, which is why the voice would need to be one voice actor who's able to express himself in five or more different levels or tones..