• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Text box typing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
So is anyone else finding that when they use anything other than a computer to type on the forums, the keyboard closes down upon using the back space or enter key?

It's mad annoying, right? But there is a temporary fix: click the little cog symbol in the text box before you type and you can use all the keyboards keys without a problem. But the tradeoff is that you won't be able to utilise any of the other buttons within the text box - it is all we can do at the moment, however.

Steve is looking into it as it could well be an issue with an add-on, but what we need from you lovely people is if you are having this issue please let us know in this thread so we can find out what the flipper dipper is going on and hopefully fix it.

We need to know what device you're using and the operating system it is, e.g. mobile phone and Android.

And yes, I did say flipper dipper.

Enjoy that, it's free.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
No issue on my end unless I’m missing something. Currently typing this out on my phone. I’m using an iPhone, specially an iPhone 7 Plus if that matters? OS is iOS and fully updated to current version. Could be an issue specific to whatever piece of hardware you’re using? Or maybe a browser issue? I just use Safari on my phone when browsing the web.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Sorry for double post.

Just tested on 2 other browsers on my phone. Chrome and Edge and didn’t come across any issues.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
So far it seems to be specific to Android users...

It's annoying but all three forums have the same issue and I thought it was just me until someone on the Resident Evil site said they were having problems too.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Sorry guys, I should have posted the update here, too. Turns out that the latest Chrome release (v85) on Android is the culprit. Chrome on iOS works fine, and Firefox on Android is working as intended too. The Chrome team have also patched the issue on later test builds (their 'Canary' branch of releases) so I'm confident that the next mainstream release of Chrome will fix it for Chrome users on Android.

The XenForo team have basically said that their hands are tied on this one, which is very discouraging. The only current workaround that I know of is for users to click the 'cog' icon in the text editor menu bar to disable the WYSIWYG functionality:

Status
Not open for further replies.