• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The abomination they did to The Hero of Oakvale!

XxHeroOfBladesxX

Reaction score
Honestly, when I saw his model I was like WTF! He was hideously unattractive. I mean how hard is it to draw a hot character as a hero. C'MON! In Fable III the prince wasn't bad looking, but he looked better than the one from Fable II. But this guy... Ugh! Not all ancient people are ugly of course, but him... HE'S THE FREAKIN MAIN CHARACTER! Meaning he's suppose to look like an attractive hero. How hard is it.

He has fish like eyes, fishy looking mouth, chucky and supperman's face. And don't get me started when he was a child. The abomination they did to him. They could of made him more attractive because there's a difference in being artistic than being realistic.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Why is he supposed to be attractive?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
He's a bloody brit. What did you expect?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
He's a bloody brit. What did you expect?
Hey! I take offense at tha--

QptmvNB.jpg

...you have a point.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I hate how ugly they made the hero. The original hero was a pale white dude with jet blue hair this new hero looks uglier then the traders.

XxHeroOfBladesxX

Reaction score
I hate how ugly they made the hero. The original hero was a pale white dude with jet blue hair this new hero looks uglier then the traders.
Agreed and the guards. I can't understand how they made him ugly now because he had an awesome concept art and now he look... EW. They changed his looks all around. It's bad that your sister Theresa looks better than you and she's a minor character less likely to be seen. That's bad. They made him the most unattractive character after scythe. But it does prove that heros can be ugly too not always attractive.

tx3000

Reaction score
Well you're problem is clear and there are two things that need to be addressed.
1. You actually referenced Fable III which pretty much explains everything
2. You thinks all games need the Japanese animation looking characters where everything is all pretty.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm not fussed either way to be honest. How the hero looks is subjective and they can surely do worse. Like I've often said over the years, give proper character customization and everyone can be happy.

Well you're problem is clear and there are two things that need to be addressed.
1. You actually referenced Fable III which pretty much explains everything
2. You thinks all games need the Japanese animation looking characters where everything is all pretty.
The petty jabs and assumptions aren't necessary nor will it be tolerated again, give it a rest.

bluetain

Reaction score
LoL, the facial animations are at best, unusual in anniversary, it's the little girl in bowerstone south i feel sorry for, they made her look like chucky in drag... And she was so cute in lost chapters!!!! The hero of oakvale looks like ray liotta with hemorrhoids, minus the preparation H :)

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
Perhaps Lionhead wanted to lend credence to the old adage: It is not how you look, but who you are. Or maybe they just hotboxed character design.

Greywolf of FTZ

Reaction score
I attributed it to bad art at Microsloth. but the thing that really throws me is that the only expression (after they made such a big deal of it in the menu system) that the NPC's have when you talk to them is to continuously bob their heads every few seconds.

I think if I was talking to someone IRL and they kept doing that I should be forced eventually to slap them as hard as I possibly could...

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
I attributed it to bad art at Microsloth. but the thing that really throws me is that the only expression (after they made such a big deal of it in the menu system) that the NPC's have when you talk to them is to continuously bob their heads every few seconds.

I think if I was talking to someone IRL and they kept doing that I should be forced eventually to slap them as hard as I possibly could...

I think the main problem is that Lionhead pretty much just updated the graphics and menu while neglecting everything else. It would have helped if they had thrown in at least a few new quests/added to the storyline. Look at "The Godfather: The Game", for instance. They added several new missions AND updated the visuals when they ported it to the Xbox 360.

jwilliams

Reaction score
Honestly, I still don't understand the point of making this Anniversary(except for getting more money). They should've ported Fable II on PC instead.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Honestly, I still don't understand the point of making this Anniversary(except for getting more money). They should've ported Fable II on PC instead.

Original was the highest rated (by user score) and it was the anniversary of the game so guess that's main reasons.

Breezy13

Reaction score
I personally enjoy playing the game with a more attractive hero as well, I know not all people feel this way, but to me, it adds to the appeal of being the hero of the story. I don't know why everyone insists that Fable III is such an awful game, sure it is not anywhere near as good as the first or even the second installment, but I enjoy the game enough to replay it multiple times, I think it's a great game too, linear 'road to rule' aside. I can play it as a male or a female character and enjoy the customization all the same. I just hope they put a Fable IV into the works before long.. I didn't like the concept of Journey so I didn't play it, legends looks cool, but I'm speculative about it, what I really want to see is more bloodline story. Maybe LH can even drop a few more hints about popular fan theories to keep our little minds active hmm?