• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Coldstone Passage. (FABLE II FAN-FIC)

M

Marshtoad

"ADVENT OF SAMARKLAND"

ADVENT OF SAMARKLAND
FAN-FIC BY: Marshtoad

CHAPTER ONE: A WALK IN THE MOONLIGHT.. OR NOT.

It was a lonely night, humans stirred in their hay-beds, and creatures lurked the night, waiting for a innocent human to happen to stumble on by. And that one innocent human, happened to be a young boy. He went by the name of Sirus. But no one ever bothered calling him that. They called him Toad. He was merely a slave working in Samarkland. The boating city of Coldstone. Everyday, Toad would carry crates back and fourth for five hours, with no rest. Then he would get a break for two minutes, then he would be whipped till the sun went down. A pretty miserable life you could say. But not tonight. No. Not tonight, for Toad. Tonight was the greatest day of his life. He had escaped from his shelter. Or what some would call a "Home". But now, I'm getting a bit off track, so as I was saying; That innocent human happened to be Toad. A sleek, bony, Balverine hid in the bushes as Toad ran down the path. The Balverine slithered out of the bushes and began to stalk Toad. The young boy was totally un-aware of this. He vegan to skip down the path, letting out cheers of joy. Just as the Balverine readied his claws and feet to lunge at the slave. There was a bullet-shot. Toad stopped dead in his tracks. He turned slowly, to see a bloody mess of a Balverine. Then a man standing there, with ear-length blonde hair, and bright blue eyes. He held a blunderbuss at his side, and a knife hidden in his boot. He smiled as he saw the young boy, "Ahh, you betta' watch ya'self next time, bud" he said, kicking the Balverine off the road. Toad was was shaking with fear, "Y...Y-ou're.. You're not going to.. beat me.. Right?" he asked, his eyes beginning to tear up. He backed away, the moon shining down on his face. The explorer seemed to show a little laugh, "No! Why would I?" he asked curiously, stepping closer to Toad. Toad shook his head slowly, wiping his tears away, "They.. They all do.. Except.. Officer Patel.." he cried, putting his palms in his face. The explorer took Toad's hand, fully now understanding he was a slave, "How 'bout I take you back to.. Officer Patel?" he asked, bending over to look at Toad. Toad screamed, "No! No!" he broke free from the explorer's grip and stepped back into the trees, "I'm never goin' back to that Hell!" he screamed, tears pouring down his face. The explorer threw his hands up in the air, "Okay! Okay!" he yelled, shaking his head, "You don't have to go back,". Toad wasn't sure of this explorer, but slowly came back onto the road. The explorer's smile returned to his bright face, "Now.. that's better. My name is Jerico Desmond." he said, reaching out to take Toad's hand. Toad took it, "Hi Jericho. My name.. Is Toad," he began, looking down. The two began to walk down the path, toward Jericho's home. Jericho seemed confused when Toad said that, "Toad? What? That's not it," he began, putting his Blunderbuss back on the sling. Toad nodded, "Well.. It's what They call me... But my real name is Sirus," he said, almost starting to cry again. They continued to walk through the midnight moonlight. But Toad's jaw-dropped as he saw Jericho's house. He could not believe what he heard from the inside.. And what he smelt... It was gruesome.

CHAPTER TWO: THE HANNIBAL HOME

(I'll start this chapter when my Muse returns)