• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Cost of the Crown (Benjamin Finn & Hero Queen of Brightwall)

AngelaCM

Reaction score
Hey, folks! I am currently writing my sequel Fable fanfiction and I wanted to share both links here for those who may be Finn fans (or even Logan or Reaver, as they both play major parts later on in the first story and throughout the sequel!). I appreciate all constructive feedback, as well as the faves and follows of fellow FFnet members! Thanks in advance!

ce97aa2abe.jpg

www.fanfiction.net/s/9329633/1/The-Cost-of-the-Crown

Shortly following the defeat of the Crawler, Queen Evelyn tries to pick up the pieces of a broken life left in the wake of darkness. She's sacrificed so much already, leaving herself feeling empty and alone. Can she be the ruler Albion needs and still allow herself to love again?

Fable - Rated: M - English - Romance/Fantasy - Chapters: 24 - Words: 116,500 - Reviews: 251 - Favs: 98 - Follows: 65 - Updated: Sep 14, 2013 - Published: May 26, 2013 - Ben Finn, Prince/Princess/The Hero of Brightwall - Complete

--=x=--
d913057f11.jpg

www.fanfiction.net/s/9686863/1/Strength-of-the-Soul

[*Sequel to The Cost of the Crown*] Having restored peace and security to her kingdom, Albion's Hero Queen Evelyn must now face dark forces from a distant land that threaten the integrity of all she has fought for. It is a race against time as the darkness turns allies against themselves, putting the lives of her people, friends and loved ones at stake.

Rated: Fiction M - English - Romance/Fantasy - Ben Finn, Prince/Princess/The Hero of Brightwall - Chapters: 7 - Words: 31,236 - Reviews: 44 - Favs: 30 - Follows: 43 - Updated: 13h ago - Published: Sep 14, 2013

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
If you want to post fan fiction that's great, but you'll have to post it here instead of a link to another site. And you do seem literate so others will enjoy your writing if you share it with us.

AngelaCM

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. I parsed through this forum seeing many others with links to FFnet. The main novel is over 115,000 words. Far too much of an undertaking to copy over to a forum. Perhaps sticky a post in the forum that states that rule. If it were posted, I wouldn't have wasted hours trying to "verify" myself legitimately within the forums just so that I could post links to my novels.

I recall you responding to me in a different thread stating that these forums weren't as active as they used to be. With all of the rules and stipulations that are put in place to prevent spammers and robots, it also has the real potential to chase away serious Fable fans. If this post is not allowed to stand, I will gracefully have to bow out of this forum with the hopes that whoever overrules it would also take the time to properly sticky the rules in a post and parse through all of the threads to remove the rest of the FFnet links out of fairness and to avoid further confusion.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I think our Rumford might just be worried you're here to score some publicity. He's a good guy, and a great fan-fiction writer himself along with many original works - check them out when you have the time! ^_^

No rules have been broken as far as I can tell, and we can get a staff member to double-check but I don't think it's necessary. We're pretty laid back around here - our staff are chill as! So please carry on what you're doing, and enjoy your time on the forum. I like what you do! Oh and welcome! =]

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I'd agree with you on all accounts but if you're going to post your story on here you might want to give some of it on the forum, if not for activity, then only for yourself. It would make people feel more inclined to read it in my opinion, as otherwise people may just look and turn back.

I'm not saying post all of it, but enough to make people notice you and your writing and to contribute to the forum. There's nothing wrong with posting a link to your fanfiction, and I wouldn't dare dictate official rules, I was just stating my own ideas is all. :)

Edit: As Queen said, the rules are fairly lax. All I meant is that you would receive more attention if you were to post some of it here as well as provide the link.

AngelaCM

Reaction score
Thanks, queenofdisco! I am certainly not out to break rules. I'm a huge fan of reading and writing fanfiction and original work, so I will definitely check out Rumford's work. If it'd help, I will edit the post to give a sampling of the first story by posting the first chapter. Sorry to have gotten so defensive, I just hate being the one to get in trouble for doing something everyone else does. :)

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Sorry to have gotten so defensive, I just hate being the one to get in trouble for doing something everyone else does. :)

Don't worry about it. Though our little part of the internet is rather different to most other forums out there, it's still alright for you to expect the worse. Heck, I've been on a forum before where my post was edited just because they didn't like the way I worded one little sentence. Honestly, we're all far too lazy to get on anyone's case. We're all completely psychotic but perfectly nice. Basically, aslong as you're not a total knucklehead mcspazatron, you'll be alright.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, I by no means meant to come across like that I did only mean it as advise not to be telling you what to do. And I wouldn't claim to be a great writer, maybe a capable one though.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Thanks, queenofdisco! I am certainly not out to break rules. I'm a huge fan of reading and writing fanfiction and original work, so I will definitely check out Rumford's work. If it'd help, I will edit the post to give a sampling of the first story by posting the first chapter. Sorry to have gotten so defensive, I just hate being the one to get in trouble for doing something everyone else does. :)

We are a pretty relaxed bunch here and feel free to post links to your work from elsewhere and post some here too. Only official rules as such we have are here, the others are more common sense ones.