• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Dark Knight Rises!

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
Just curious - anyone here seen TDKR yet? Not long back from the cinema, seen the 8.30 showing, went with few friends and brother, we had tickets from wed. but went early anyways, queuing up to get into the screen from about 7.40-7.45 and still wernt first, queue ended up very long. I wont say much about the film (as I found out when writing what I thought of the fable e-books im not good at leaving spoilers out lol) so just curious if anyone else here has seen it yet ^.^

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Nope. It doesn't look at all that interesting to be honest.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I haven't seen the film yet, but I'm really put off by the fact Anne Hathaway is playing Catwoman. She's just not an action-type-actress, and I can't imagine her having much chemistry with Bale.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I haven't seen the film yet, but I'm really put off by the fact Anne Hathaway is playing Catwoman. She's just not an action-type-actress, and I can't imagine her having much chemistry with Bale.

Definitely feels like a miscast, there's only one live-action Catwoman I liked and that was Michelle Pfieffer. I'm probably alone, but none of Christopher Nolan's Batman films ever clicked with me except for The Dark Knight, and that was only because of the portrayals of Joker & Two-Face.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Aww c'mon guys. Bane is the coolest Batman villain. It is not svowing yet in Sweden but when it does I will go see it. I hope Bane doesnt disappoint.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Aside from the old comedy series, I'm not much of a Batman fan either. The Dark Knight was all right and this one will be as well, but nothing spectacular.

Though Anne Hathaway as Catwoman sounds totally misplaced indeed. She fits in the Ella Enchanted theme much more - you know, the one where she has to obey your every command.:shifty:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Apparently she does a good job as Catwoman despite people thinking she wasnt right for the role. Ive heard from friends its a great movie, not flawless but a great movie none the less and im going to see it Wednesday and im looking forward to it. Ive got a lot of respect for Tom Hardy too so looking forward to seeing his portrayal of Bane.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Just curious - anyone here seen TDKR yet? Not long back from the cinema, seen the 8.30 showing, went with few friends and brother, we had tickets from wed. but went early anyways, queuing up to get into the screen from about 7.40-7.45 and still wernt first, queue ended up very long. I wont say much about the film (as I found out when writing what I thought of the fable e-books im not good at leaving spoilers out lol) so just curious if anyone else here has seen it yet ^.^

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Saw it yesterday I went full nerd and wore my fcuk joker shirt, its ****ing awesome so long as there isn't a sequel then the end was brilliant if there is an end then I hate Chris Nolan.

Catwoman is brilliant I wasn't sure when I saw the pics about six months ago but Anne does a great job, and they don't over sex her which is both good and bad. (Gimme Michelle Pfeiffer anyday) but shes more of a side character.

Tom Hardy was incredible, but I can't help but linking him as Darth Vaders english cousin. In any case everyone gave a wonderful performance, story wise its so much bigger than Dark Knight but nothing can live up to Heath's performance as the joker, even if Bane is a bigger badder baddy with even less morals than Joker. Michael Cain was even better in this than in Dark knight, and of course Christian bale was pretty damn good too. I personally think Bale and Hathaway had great chemistry, I was just disappointed how little Nolan showed off her rear in tight leather in true Catwoman fashion.

SPOILER And YES Bane done break Batman's back like in the comics.

I've said enough. :thumbsup:

Go and see it Ladies & gentleman.

Cain

Reaction score
Saw it yesterday, its f****** awesome so long as there isn't a sequel then the end was brilliant if there is an end then I hate Chris Nolan.

No Nolan has covered Batman's early years in his trilogy, and that's all he wants to do.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I hate Batman, so I didn't.

22599036.jpg

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Anyone hear about the mass shootings at the opening night? I guess you could say the movie was killer.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
He's a cheap-ass superhero like most - Hollywood makes like 10 Superhero movies, obviously one out of ten will be the good one, and it just happens it's Batman or I should say Batshit.

Batman is probably the most popular super hero around in recent years....

23774505.jpg

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
I was never a die hard batman fan but watched tv series and films etc, have to say that I was prepared to be disappointed in her version as catwomen but have to eat humble pie - she was far better than I thought. Bane was F**king awesome, really impressed with tom hardy, hes a really good actor. As some have said, some holes, personally think TDR was better, flowed a little better, but I think this film is still epic. Whup :geek: lol

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I'll probably watch it someday if I'm bored and have the movie available to me. I've just never cared about Batman. Marvel's got the best heroes.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Watched it last night and I was under the same first impression as you but she is actually really good and their chemistry is there. The whole movie seems a different style than previous Batman's and you see him more as the man behind the mask as Batman himself. Hes much more vulnerable in this movie than ever and its nice to see the Bat in a different light and understand him as a person more. I felt the movie had so many different dimensions to it this time around and centered more around the people than the masks and characters they portray, they all just feel more human. Also have to note that Tom Hardy as Bane was brilliant.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Why cat-woman? Of all of the Batman character, she has to be my least favourite.. But ohwell, I should probably go see it before I start criticizing it..

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Why cat-woman? Of all of the Batman character, she has to be my least favourite.. But ohwell, I should probably go see it before I start criticizing it..

^this

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Im seeing it this Saturday