• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Prophet

D

Dominov

The Prophet

First, note that this story is based upon something the Oracle tells you. You might not understand if you haven't heard it. Second, I'm posting this in very small, bitesized pieces.

Our story starts 400 years before the time of the greatest hero, when a shrewd trader was traveling through Witchwood. The trader was wondering what he would be buying in Knothole Glade, for he had decided that he would take a long break from trading, and had finally built up the gold to do it, which he stored in his pack, concealed in a dozen different hiding places. But suddenly, he heard ahead of him the sounds of a waiting bandit gang. The trader tried to flee, but they heard his running feet and attacked. The trader was able to get some way away, escaping deep into Witchwood. But the bandits caught him. They laughed at his cries for help, and left him on the ground, soon to die. They stole everything, and left him destitute, when he was prepared to become a rich man. The trader began crawling, for his fleeing from the bandits had taken him far away from any road, and he could not simply wait for someone to find him. And this is how we find him, crawling in the dirt, hoping that he is saved. Now he, in turn, finds off in the distance a white, glowing fog. The trader crawls toward it, knowing that anything is better than this endless forest and his fatal wound. As he crawls, he begins to feel more hopeful, knowing that either he would soon be rescued or he would soon die and either way, he would be released from this pitiful state. When the trader finally reaches the fog, his wound decides that this is the time for him to die. He does so; not knowing what was about to happen to him.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: The Prophet

I like it - good start, and +rep for posting it - please continue! :D

B

blu phoenix

Very nice start. Can't wait to see the rest, good luck!

D

Dominov

Here we are:
The trader awakens. He remembers dieing, but now he is filled with a newfound strength of body and mind. He stands and remembers what this fog is. He remembers being protected in a caravan once by a Hero. While they traveled, the Hero talked about the Will, for that was his specialty. The trader remembers the Hero talking about certain places in Albion which have extremely high levels of background Will energy. According to the Hero, the Will in these places cast one spell for everyone who enters. The trader realizes that he has crawled into one of these places, and that the spell this place casts is some sort of healing. The Hero also said that occasionally, people will mistake these places for the domains of gods, and the spells are their blessings. The trader grows quite excited, for he thinks he knows of a plan for regaining his lost wealth. He fixes the location in his mind, and begins walking. He is easily able to reach the road. He begins to travel to the Cullis Gate, but on the path the trader meets a caravan, whose leader knows him. He decides to put his plan into action. He is about to do this when the leader of the caravan exclaims, “My good friend, we thought you’d died! We were ambushed by bandits, and they had all of your gold in that unique little money-pack of yours! How did you convince them to let you live?”
Also, I want criticism. Please.

H

Hexadecimal

Dominov;94116 said:
Also, I'll post the oracle's explanation if someone can tell me how to do spoiler tags.

highlight the portion of text you wish to place within the tags, then click this icon
spoiler.gif
;)