• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Rescue quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carriefrazier

The Rescue quest

Ok so after I completed the main thread of the game my daughter ran off into the hobbe cave located I believe in Rookridge. Anyways, I was going through and I had rescued her but when I go up the ladder to escape the cave which is the current task in the quest she does not follow me up the ladder. When I looked at the quest the current task is still to escape the cave. I tried probably 10 times to get that kid to come up the ladder and she won't follow. So, anyone else have this problem?

Lionheart

Reaction score
Re: The Rescue quest

I did this quest today, but no i just run to the ladder press a and he follows. Um reloeading the game might fix this ;)

C

carriefrazier

Yeah reloaded a few times as well...I swear I am about to taking my sobbing husband to the temple of shadows and sacrifice him so this quest will just disappear because it's driving me NUTS!

C

carriefrazier

Well, just read that it's glitched pretty bad soooooooo oh well I will just forget about it I suppose until they get a fix for it....thought these things were supposed to be fixed prior to the release of the game.....

Lionheart

Reaction score

Mine worked perfectly though ? just shoot your wife and be done with it

O

Oliphet

Mine went perfect, older brother's was glitched and kid wouldn't follow him up the ladder. I dunno why it worked for me and not him, we're using the same 360 and the same game.

X

xWOLF7

either wait for a new patch or just let the kid die.

In any of my games I haven't gotten any bad glitches..

D

deathtomacbeth

I have yet to experience a glitch in my game.
At all...

Does that make me weird?
lol

B

BPorter

well guys i was on here about 15 minutes ago reading this because i was stuck at this glitch...then i got fed up with it and decided to move on ...so i reloaded and went to do the lady grey quest. When i went in the cave and dug her half up i decided to go on and get my kid and it worked....hope you guys can get the same luck with it that i did

R

redrum010

My kid follows me up but stays in the shack and I'm unable to finish the quest as well. So I just killed my wife and the quest disappeared. Problem solved!

T

themorse

I had the glitch too - my kid wouldn't come up the ladder with me. I reloaded the quest and this time I thought I'd be clever and go back out the way I came in. That didn't work (tried to go through the cave entrance and was told I'd lose all my progress), but I did run into a bunch of Hobbes right near that entrance, so I killed them and then went back outt he way the quest wanted me to, killing all the rest of the hobbes along the way. That time it worked. So my guess is that it will glitch if you haven't killed every single hobbe in the cave?

Can others who've glitched try this out and confirm/disprove? Now I just want to know. If I'm right, then it's an easy solution that saves you losing your kids.

X

xl Horizon lx

^ I just experienced this glitch and am trying your method/plan now. Will post again after I'm done.

S

Striken7

deathtomacbeth;229382 said:
I have yet to experience a glitch in my game.
At all...

Does that make me weird?
lol

Not weird, but I'd say definitely in the minority.

D

DarklordWicket

im having a different problem with this quest for mine it takes me to the city bloodstone and once i get there the yellow helping path disappears until i leave the city (in which it tells me to go back into the city). ive searched every cellar/ cave in/ near the city and i cant find the kid.

W

WolfLover48

redrum010;229959 said:
My kid follows me up but stays in the shack and I'm unable to finish the quest as well. So I just killed my wife and the quest disappeared. Problem solved!

I am stuck on this glitch really bad. She stays in the shack. I've reloaded it, my wife had died in the cave or with the assassins outside the cave, it does not help. I have tried reloading it, but it puts me back at the beginning, if I go do something else will my child die? Also, I never had to find my wife. We were searching for a new house at the time, so I never lost her. I had just relocated her to Brightwood Farm, so I tried changing my marital home back to Serenity behind the Demon Door where my child ran away from, but she still ended up stuck in the damn shack. Whether my wife dies or not it still says I'm leaving my child behind. So I'm stuck in Rookridge. :( I guess I can try starting another quest, but I don't want my child to die. Any ideas, cuz I've reloaded 4-5 times. Help!!:realmad::'(

Dag204

Long-Time Albion resident
Reaction score

This quest has not initiated for me, I have beaten the game, and have played after for quite some time, I have 4 kids in one family, I think the reason why is that I live in the homestead behind the demon door

T

Tethys-2000

ok, so i ran into a crap load of glitches during this quest. my family lives behind the demon door in oakfield. when i went to accept the quest, my son, who supposedly ran off into the hobbe cave was still at home, although i couldnt interact with him. so i went into the cave looking for him and i found him standing right next to the cage, lol... not funny, telling me to let him out:wacko: so i opened the empty cage and he started following me on his own but got stuck on a corner so i had to use the "follow" expression. and of course when i reached the ladder, he didnt zone with me and hubby was nowhere to be found either.
i tried a second time and here is what i did and it worked:
-do not use the follow expression
-wait for your kid to catch up with you before you round a corner. it seems that he/she will run the shortest distance to you
-and last, make sure your kid is right behind you when you exit to Rookridge

I hope this will help a few of you guys, im really a bit sad about this glitch but i love this game too much to put it away, yet
good luck
Tethy

C

Chrissss126

I need some help! I live in Castle Fairfax and i'm married to Lady Grey and it says on the top of the screen "You have a family emergency" it says my daughter is missing, go find your wife. What the problem is, is that whil i am out of fairfax i see the trail but in fairfax I can't find my wife, and people call me child murderer. WTF is up with that? Any help is appreciated

L

laharl

Dag204;235135 said:
This quest has not initiated for me, I have beaten the game, and have played after for quite some time, I have 4 kids in one family, I think the reason why is that I live in the homestead behind the demon door
i lived there and it happened to me

M

Maze78

:realmad:I came to this quest this week, but I can't find my husband. He is in farfax castle, but I have searched the hole dam thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.