• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"The Rescue" Saving your child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libellule

Reaction score
"The Rescue" Saving your child

Okay, so my son ran away somewhere. My husband is in Bowerstone and I got his message and went back to the house but he was no where to be seen. I can't move on with the quest until I find him. There's no gold trail so he's obviously in Bowerstone market.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: "The Rescue" Saving your child

It's just about the most common glitch in Fable 2. You can't fix it.

Kirinou

Reaction score

Your son is in a hob cave, that's the only hint I am able to give you. If there is no gold trail, you might have a bit of trouble finding him.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

The issue is not the kid's location, it's the fact that Libellule's husband is nowhere to be found, which is extremely common, especially when starting the Rescue quest. Talking to one's spouse is required to start the quest.

primechoes

Reaction score

if you reload the save game does he reappear?

Smithyatticus

Reaction score

I've had this trouble before. I think what i did was set my family as the golden trail target, on the family part of the quests/maps menu. Then i just stood still for awhile and eventually the golden trail popped up, i followed it (slowly i might add, it has a habit of disappearing or switching behind you) and it lead to my wife. Happy days!

Libellule

Reaction score

Is this still the case if the family is in a different location, oakfeild, westcliff... etc?

HW_Vigo

Reaction score

welcome to one of the most common glitch's you can try seting the to find your husband ie family it might take you to him but not 100% of the time

T

Thunderlord

it happened once then i left and restarted the mission and i ran al the way there and it never happened again. i still have my wife for now.. i hope his other 6 kids i dont have to worriy about tho. xD

Libellule

Reaction score

It says my spouse is the target but still no trail...

Nokrath

Reaction score

I got a problem with this quest aswell.. I go into the cave with my child being there. I'm able to find her ect.. but when I open the gate to the cage she still say "Please let me out" or something like that... Any help?

Fablefreak 222

Reaction score
Wow. When I did this I took my wife with me in the cave, got my kid, left, and when I got out nothing happened, the game acted like my child was not there, he just kept swinging his harm like he was walking, I could not lock on to him or anything either, HELP!

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
This was probably the only major glitch I ever had playing this game. The percentage of it happening raises when you have your family moved to Fairfax Castle if I remember correctly. My spouse was forever trapped in some wall if the golden trail was anything to go by.

Wow. When I did this I took my wife with me in the cave, got my kid, left, and when I got out nothing happened, the game acted like my child was not there, he just kept swinging his harm like he was walking, I could not lock on to him or anything either, HELP!

Reload the game and try again?

Status
Not open for further replies.