• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Spire and the Choices.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
The Spire and the Choices.

Hey there. Longtime reader, first time poster here.

I was running through the game again in prep for Fable 3 next month, and I've just been doing the Spire. The choices actually got me to thinking.

The actions taken arent actually evil and shouldnt really result in evil points for a good hero because the actions are ultimately good.

You have been sent to the Spire to free Garth. If you playing a good hero, you need to this to save the people of Albion. (Obviously, an evil character is saving the people of Albion but one would assume that is for evil reasons, as its not thier welfare he really concerned with. They just lucky because all of Albion happens to include the evil hero.) This is a good action.

If you break you cover by feeding the prisoners, you would be uncovered and blow the whole thing. You'd end up locked up with Garth and then Lucian has the pair of you. Infact, even the feeding the prisoners wouldnt actually help them, as in an estabilishment like that, any prisoner that got food would be punished worse then before. The only reason to feed them would be to make yourself feel better, which would make feeding the prisoners a corrupt action. Starving them would not be evil, but instead good and pure too, as your putting the needs of many before the needs of one (well, two if you include the prisoner you dont feed too :D)

Quietly biding your time and waiting until the time is right isnt evil, its just smart.

Part of me even thinks killing Bob isnt even evil. I mean, his a broken shell of his former self. If you dont kill him, someone else will. Refusing to kill him isnt going to save him, its merely prolonging his agony.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Re: The Spire and the Choices.

Fable is a bit too black and white. Besides, hour long debates over this kind of grey-area morality would mean the game would never get completed!

Best to consider it like this:
Starving people bad!
Feeding the hungry good!

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
Re: The Spire and the Choices.

They could have just added a few extra options.

Stand there and ignore the cries for food: Good
Feed them: Good + Corrupt
Starve them whilst taunting them: Evil

Its not that hard to add a few different options. At least then you could a Good hero that was also smart.