• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The treasury post-game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoe

Reaction score
Does adding money to the treasury post-game do anything except give you good points? I put five million and there and I noticed most people were suddenly in love or best friends with me, although strangely there are a few beggars that stay at the top of the neutral slider and won't go any higher. Maybe I missed it but if it does improve your relationship with everyone then that's quite cool. Anything else it might do? Improving economies maybe?

Faedil

Reaction score
i *believe* putting money in the treasury may increase the quality of items in shops (like furniture shop) but not 100% sure on that.

shane states

Reaction score
I do know that it will help you be good and that is about it I think

CodoDeMono

Reaction score
Yep, like everyone said it definitely makes you good if you add money to it but one thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned yet is that if you're looking to get from extremely bad to extremely good, it seems like you have to donate 10 million gold pieces or whatever it is they use. Not great information but useful for anyone looking to switch morality from one extreme to the other.

Khalin

Reaction score
Kim: So you're trying to be evil now?
Hero: Yeah! I've been slaughtering every villager and guard in sight! I've stolen from many homes, killed all of my wives and husbands, had sex with everything that walks in Albion while giving them all every STD known to man, and I've fathered 43 children that are stuck in the orphanage now!
Kim: Lol that's nothing... do you want to do something that will make you really evil?
Hero: Yeah what?
Kim: Get money from the treasury.

I spent a great deal of time doing the Dark Sanctum quests so I could get full access to it. I needed a way to get evil quickly because I was looking to fulfill the weapon upgrade requirements that obligate you to decrease your morality. After I finally got full access, I sacrificed almost everyone I had access to nearby to the flames of the sacrificial chamber, and yet I still hadn't even finished one of the decrease morality upgrades. Then I just decided to try taking money from the treasury since I noticed that it was described as an "act of corruption". Taking money out of the treasury decreased my morality so insanely fast that I finished all of the decrease morality upgrades in less than a minute. Apparently, withdrawing money from the treasury is the absolute most horrific thing you can possibly do in the Fable III world. There simply is no sin that even comes close to withdrawing money from the treasury. If you murder every villager and guard in existence, just donate some money to the treasury and your morality is in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.