• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
God dammit, this game can't come soon enough.

AhnZQb9.gif

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Hang on a tic, did I just see what looked like a hagraven with exposed, saggy knockers? Oh myyy...

Seriously though, this is looking better and better each time they preview it. And the game is DRM-free to boot! At this point I'm just going to throw my damn wallet at them.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Hah! "You found me beautiful once..." "Honey, you got reeeal ugly."

I bet the folks over at CDPR are twirlin' around in their office chairs like little kids right now. Glad to see the game has done well and all their hard work has paid off. I can't wait for this game to finally release, already got the GOG version pre-loaded.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hah! "You found me beautiful once..." "Honey, you got reeeal ugly."

I bet the folks over at CDPR are twirlin' around in their office chairs like little kids right now. Glad to see the game has done well and all their hard work has paid off. I can't wait for this game to finally release, already got the GOG version pre-loaded.

Mine should arrive for release and hoping to get plenty of time to play it as im going to want to hibernate for months to get the most out of it. Will likely purchase it again for my PC once it is finished in next few months. I have been reading reviews for days and the anticipation is killing me, looks like CD Projekt Red have nailed it and even exceeded expectations.

The release trailer was one of the best I have seen for a VERY long time.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Been playing for a fairly good bit so far and I'm really loving it, nicely optimized for PC/consoles as well as I wasn't expecting to be able to max it out at 1080p. Have any of you guys gotten the game yet as well?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Been playing for a fairly good bit so far and I'm really loving it, nicely optimized for PC/consoles as well as I wasn't expecting to be able to max it out at 1080p. Have any of you guys gotten the game yet as well?

Got XB1 version and I'm surprised how well it runs on consoles too. Played for around 6-7 hours yesterday and I know I haven't even come close to scratching the surface yet.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Got XB1 version and I'm surprised how well it runs on consoles too. Played for around 6-7 hours yesterday and I know I haven't even come close to scratching the surface yet.
I had to zoom out the map to get a grasp of where I was and it just kept on goin', this damn place is bigger than Skyrim. Trying to get a hang of the card game Gwent and I think I just about got it, but I lost my first match and the cards are pretty hard to find so far (only that innkeeper was selling them for me). But it's surprisingly fun to play rather than some tedious diversion which I was afraid of.

So far though I like the combat better than Witcher 2, easily. Feels more impactful and the gore just adds that satisfying cherry on top. Also glad to see that Geralt's voice actor has gotten better over the years and it really shows this time around, I've yet to cringe.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I had to zoom out the map to get a grasp of where I was and it just kept on goin', this damn place is bigger than Skyrim. Trying to get a hang of the card game Gwent and I think I just about got it, but I lost my first match and the cards are pretty hard to find so far (only that innkeeper was selling them for me). But it's surprisingly fun to play rather than some tedious diversion which I was afraid of.

So far though I like the combat better than Witcher 2, easily. Feels more impactful and the gore just adds that satisfying cherry on top. Also glad to see that Geralt's voice actor has gotten better over the years and it really shows this time around, I've yet to cringe.

To begin with I thought the map wasnt that big, until I realised that was just the map for the region I was in. I zoomed out and saw all the other places suddenly appear and my jaw dropped. I won the first game and the 2nd I played but lost the 3rd, found a couple of people to win cards off and 2 people selling them so far I believe. However cash is a little hard to come by early in the game apparently. It has a whole questline JUST for Gwent and it is its own stand alone game.

Really liking the combat, its FAR smoother than The Witcher 2 and its good that no ability feels overpowered and you have to rely on all of the skills you have rather than leveling 1 ability and spamming it, which it was possible to do in The Witcher 2. I am really impressed with the weather effects and the effect of the day/night cycle and the change in behaviour of some creatures at night. Happy there is a patch coming to make the menu text larger however as even on my 50 inch TV it is a little hard to read some of the more detailed menus.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
To begin with I thought the map wasnt that big, until I realised that was just the map for the region I was in. I zoomed out and saw all the other places suddenly appear and my jaw dropped. I won the first game and the 2nd I played but lost the 3rd, found a couple of people to win cards off and 2 people selling them so far I believe. However cash is a little hard to come by early in the game apparently. It has a whole questline JUST for Gwent and it is its own stand alone game.

Really liking the combat, its FAR smoother than The Witcher 2 and its good that no ability feels overpowered and you have to rely on all of the skills you have rather than leveling 1 ability and spamming it, which it was possible to do in The Witcher 2. I am really impressed with the weather effects and the effect of the day/night cycle and the change in behaviour of some creatures at night. Happy there is a patch coming to make the menu text larger however as even on my 50 inch TV it is a little hard to read some of the more detailed menus.
Yeah, I really wanna turn the minimap off so I can get more immersed into the world, but it becomes incredibly easy to get lost and potentially end up in the 9th stage of hell. I tried to veer off into yonder one time and came face to face with an army of the dead flying around and rising from the earth, all of which were a dozen levels higher than me. Barely got away. I finally won my first game of Gwent yesterday, but then I challenged someone else and his hand was beastly, I didn't stand a chance, I keep making the mistake of using my best cards in the first round. Can't wait to collect some more cards though, it's pretty addictive.

Yeah, me too, I've gotten the hang of the combat some more and now I really love it. I was against a camp of bandits in the forest and as I was focusing on one guy, the archer shot an arrow, missed me and hit his mate where I then countered his blade attack and sliced him completely in half (literally). Was glorious. I love the skill system, it's smart and you really have to choose wisely with it. The weather effects are indeed delightful and I love the Hairworks for the creatures as well, LOOK AT THIS BEAUTY! Oh good, I'm on a 50 inch as well and it can be a bother sometimes even with my glasses.

Oh, a major heads up since you're on XB1, there's a serious game save bug for that version that prevents progress if you play for too long apparently. Game Informer went into detail about it and was given a few temp solutions until a patch is out. CDPR said the 1.03 patch will be out soon for consoles, PC already got it. So hopefully it won't be much longer.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, I really wanna turn the minimap off so I can get more immersed into the world, but it becomes incredibly easy to get lost and potentially end up in the 9th stage of hell. I tried to veer off into yonder one time and came face to face with an army of the dead flying around and rising from the earth, all of which were a dozen levels higher than me. Barely got away. I finally won my first game of Gwent yesterday, but then I challenged someone else and his hand was beastly, I didn't stand a chance, I keep making the mistake of using my best cards in the first round. Can't wait to collect some more cards though, it's pretty addictive.

Yeah, me too, I've gotten the hang of the combat some more and now I really love it. I was against a camp of bandits in the forest and as I was focusing on one guy, the archer shot an arrow, missed me and hit his mate where I then countered his blade attack and sliced him completely in half (literally). Was glorious. I love the skill system, it's smart and you really have to choose wisely with it. The weather effects are indeed delightful and I love the Hairworks for the creatures as well, LOOK AT THIS BEAUTY! Oh good, I'm on a 50 inch as well and it can be a bother sometimes even with my glasses.

Oh, a major heads up since you're on XB1, there's a serious game save bug for that version that prevents progress if you play for too long apparently. Game Informer went into detail about it and was given a few temp solutions until a patch is out. CDPR said the 1.03 patch will be out soon for consoles, PC already got it. So hopefully it won't be much longer.

Gwent is all about patience and pre-planning and yeah its pretty addictive and alot deeper than it looks at first glance. I purchased about 8 cards yesterday but havent got any as good as this one guy had. He beat me by about 30 points in one round and I couldnt get close to his score.

I wandered into some water and found some hidden treasure (which wasnt that great) but had to fight off 4 underwater creatures (cant remember what they were but had to use my crossbow) they were much higher level than me but I killed them all eventually. Combat is about patience too and timing, can be tempting to mash attack when you get a hit in but have to restrain yourself from getting too carried away and leaving yourself open.

Im currently tearing through a large bandit camp myself, area I am is HUGE and its rather daunting where to go next and not wander too far into the unknown and across anything too beastly to handle at my current low level.

I heard about the save bug and it was meant to be if you left the game suspended for a long time and inactive that it happens. Heard the patch is coming soon so hopefully its out next week like they have hinted it could be, will be careful and rotate my save slots still.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Gwent is all about patience and pre-planning and yeah its pretty addictive and alot deeper than it looks at first glance. I purchased about 8 cards yesterday but havent got any as good as this one guy had. He beat me by about 30 points in one round and I couldnt get close to his score.

I wandered into some water and found some hidden treasure (which wasnt that great) but had to fight off 4 underwater creatures (cant remember what they were but had to use my crossbow) they were much higher level than me but I killed them all eventually. Combat is about patience too and timing, can be tempting to mash attack when you get a hit in but have to restrain yourself from getting too carried away and leaving yourself open.

Im currently tearing through a large bandit camp myself, area I am is HUGE and its rather daunting where to go next and not wander too far into the unknown and across anything too beastly to handle at my current low level.

I heard about the save bug and it was meant to be if you left the game suspended for a long time and inactive that it happens. Heard the patch is coming soon so hopefully its out next week like they have hinted it could be, will be careful and rotate my save slots still.
Indeed, Got a few of them myself as well today but I'm struggling to earn some good coin, had about 600 gold and now I'm down to 120 after having to repair my gear lol. Damn, making money is hard.

Was it those blue swamp men? They were a bit hard for me at first, but I got the hang of 'em now, my real surprise are wolves.. fine in packs of 4, but once you're surrounded by 10+ wolves they'll eat you alive. It takes only one failed blocked attack and then they all juggle you around with no chance to get your guard back up. I died as Ciri that way. Speaking of which, I'm disappointed how they handled her gameplay so far, she's only used for the narrative. Can't invest in any abilities, loot nor free-roam. Plus her walking animation throws me off given her personality (she reminds me of Arya from GoT), thanks to her high-heels she walks like a fashion-model. :/

On the plus side, this is Geralt's last game and CDPR alluded that Ciri will be the new star for the next one (that or she gets her own expansion pack) so it'll be nice to see how they manage to improve her, she's a damn good character sans those boots.

Yeah the place I'm in now is really big as well, came across a town and the amount of NPCs was jaw-dropping, so many people everywhere really added to the ambiance. I also really like how your choices actually do matter, one minor choice I made at one point, cost me dearly down the line and because of it the people acted differently to me, I got a new nickname from 'em and I'm just like "huh? Why are these people running from me?" They were pretty disgusting to me lol. Then to progress further I had to risk my life several times because of the choices I made, whereas I would've gotten a pat on the back and welcoming arms otherwise. There's no wrong way to do something, and I love it.

I'll be more careful from now on. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Indeed, Got a few of them myself as well today but I'm struggling to earn some good coin, had about 600 gold and now I'm down to 120 after having to repair my gear lol. Damn, making money is hard.

Was it those blue swamp men? They were a bit hard for me at first, but I got the hang of 'em now, my real surprise are wolves.. fine in packs of 4, but once you're surrounded by 10+ wolves they'll eat you alive. It takes only one failed blocked attack and then they all juggle you around with no chance to get your guard back up. I died as Ciri that way. Speaking of which, I'm disappointed how they handled her gameplay so far, she's only used for the narrative. Can't invest in any abilities, loot nor free-roam. Plus her walking animation throws me off given her personality (she reminds me of Arya from GoT), thanks to her high-heels she walks like a fashion-model. :/

On the plus side, this is Geralt's last game and CDPR alluded that Ciri will be the new star for the next one (that or she gets her own expansion pack) so it'll be nice to see how they manage to improve her, she's a damn good character sans those boots.

Yeah the place I'm in now is really big as well, came across a town and the amount of NPCs was jaw-dropping, so many people everywhere really added to the ambiance. I also really like how your choices actually do matter, one minor choice I made at one point, cost me dearly down the line and because of it the people acted differently to me, I got a new nickname from 'em and I'm just like "huh? Why are these people running from me?" They were pretty disgusting to me lol. Then to progress further I had to risk my life several times because of the choices I made, whereas I would've gotten a pat on the back and welcoming arms otherwise. There's no wrong way to do something, and I love it.

I'll be more careful from now on. :lol:

It's recommended you take everything that isn't nailed down apparently and dismantling things and selling items can help. Apparently shells cost a little & you can dismantle them for pearls and make just over 100 gold profit per one. I just spent most of the gold I had made repairing my armour & silver sword so I'm in same boat.

They didn't come out of the water, just swam around underneath the water. Looked a little like Drowners but tougher (around level 12 too) & I'm only level 4-5.

Ciri's parts were originally meant to be explained in cutscenes & flash backs but they thought it would help explain her story & you understand her predicament from her point of view if you controlled her actions. Also gives you a taste of her abilities without her overshadowing Geralt in his farewell game.

Haven't been to any City's that large yet & haven't hit the part where you control Ciri just yet. Trying to make cash where I can and stock up on supplies before heading much further.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It's recommended you take everything that isn't nailed down apparently and dismantling things and selling items can help. Apparently shells cost a little & you can dismantle them for pearls and make just over 100 gold profit per one. I just spent most of the gold I had made repairing my armour & silver sword so I'm in same boat.

They didn't come out of the water, just swam around underneath the water. Looked a little like Drowners but tougher (around level 12 too) & I'm only level 4-5.

Ciri's parts were originally meant to be explained in cutscenes & flash backs but they thought it would help explain her story & you understand her predicament from her point of view if you controlled her actions. Also gives you a taste of her abilities without her overshadowing Geralt in his farewell game.

Haven't been to any City's that large yet & haven't hit the part where you control Ciri just yet. Trying to make cash where I can and stock up on supplies before heading much further.
Yeah I've been getting on that as much as I can, it's kinda funny though... I can walk into someone's beloved home like Link looking for rupees and they won't even care for me robbing them, but if I draw my blade in front of 'em then them's fightin' words. Speaking of which, I brought my fists up by accident and threw an empty swing at a guard and he just stood there and responded "... what the **** do you think you're doing? :|" lol It's the way he reacted that took me by surprise. I like the little things.

Hmm, not sure if I'm familiar with those then. Though I did bump into a couple Water Hags so far, naked and all. Of course CDPR would apply full physics to them as well, I was almost afraid their big floppy udders were going to knock me out the way they were jumping around. That's what I like about CDPR, it's an adult game that doesn't try to parent adults, it's rated M for a reason. Take notes fellow developers.

Well in that case fair enough, I can accept that. Just bothered me a little after news sites were making a big deal about her being a new playable character that one would expect it be a scenario like Arkham City with Catwoman. Her first part I played so far is still really nice though despite the limits. I'm about 30hrs (Lvl 6) in and not even close enough to even see the ceiling of this game.