• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I am amazed at how much CDPR is actually listening to issues being reported for the game and managing to patch every single one, even the most obscure of complaints people had are being resolved. Also digging the stream of free content being pushed out, hah, as if there wasn't already enough to occupy yourself with in the game. That 4 million+ in sales was well earned.
I actually just hit level 11 last night, and finished all the story quests in Velen, I'm still there as there's so bloody much side stuff to do but I'm free to leave and go to Novigrad anytime I want. I've also got all three levels of the block arrows/bolts skill now so archers are no longer a problem for me. And got better equipment I can't believe I was actually using level 1 equipment all through the game haha, I'm such an idiot. I was wondering why the game was so hard. xD

So yeah I am level 11 and now have level 11 equipment.
I've no idea how close I am to completing that area, but when I look at my map it just looks like The Riddler went to town everywhere and gave zero ****s. There's just so much to do and experience in this game it's pretty incredible.

I tend to forget at times that I have superior gear in my inventory just sitting there, I think it's because they're level-locked so it eventually ends up slipping from my mind consequently. But then it's like "OH! That's right, well that would've came in handy earlier!" I definitely need to invest the arrow defense skills, try to fit some more time in for the game today while waiting on E3.
Rumford said:
You can also fight with a torch in hand, for those dark dungeons, I just killed a vampire in a very dark dungeon.
I didn't know that either, would've came in handy when I was stuck fighting a Water Hag in an unlit cave. Had me fumblin' around like a damn fool.
Rumford said:

Really becoming obsessed with this game guys, I even bought the first book in the series last night was reading it on my kindle. The last wish is a book of collection of stories about Geralt it's an introduction to him before the actual series of books was written.
I love the creature designs in this game, especially the airborne ones (my god the animations). I haven't seen that creature before in the video, but I don't think I'll be looking forward to it.. :p

I haven't checked out any of the books yet for this series, but I might do whenever I get more spare time for it. How are they so far?
I was just thinking Tywin Lannister while he was talking and he was an intimidating character too.
Here's hoping if he has any final moments in the game that it won't be spent on the crapper.
Dark Drakan said:
Ive been travelling to as many ? on the map as possible and taking every notice board notice whenever I see one just to flag some locations. Hoping for that larger text patch next time I manage to play (been tiling my kitchen) as some of them are a pain to read as are the in game books. Also found about 6 stones of power so far which helped up some of my skills.
Got the text size patch and it helps a bit, things are still a bit tiny for me in the interface but manageable. Though if I recall correctly the PC variant was just a small increase, while consoles actually get a slider for it? Can't remember. I only got 2 stones of power so far, I saw a third one but it was being guarded by a high-level undead... sooo I had to turn tail and run.
OK Witcher 3, Elder Scrolls Online, or Neverwinter?
Fallout 4... :troll:

Nah, but seriously Witcher 3. So engrossing. The world, the characters, the lore, the story, everything was just richly created. Definitely a game built with love. ESO just doesn't appeal to me and the direction they ran with it didn't tickle my fancy (I'd rather play Oblivion or Morrowind), however the character creation it has is flippin' awesome and I hope BGS is able to mimic its depth in their future games. Don't know anything on Neverwinter sadly.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Gais gais seriously I'm level 17, almost finished in Novigrad really awesome quests in the city I don't want it to end. Also gave Geralt a haircut and a shave he looks awesome no matter what. Yeah the designs of the creatures and characters are awesome, Triss is hot Geralt is hard-core and dwarves are so badass in this game, hope I get to fight more vamps that was a personal fav of mine.

Haven't read much of the book, I'm too bloody engrossed in the game, but apparently it won the first ever Legend award. Four days of play time logged on my game and I'm nowhere near cutting back, I still haven't even listened to the soundtrack that came with the game.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Gais gais seriously I'm level 17, almost finished in Novigrad really awesome quests in the city I don't want it to end. Also gave Geralt a haircut and a shave he looks awesome no matter what. Yeah the designs of the creatures and characters are awesome, Triss is hot Geralt is hard-core and dwarves are so badass in this game, hope I get to fight more vamps that was a personal fav of mine.

Haven't read much of the book, I'm too bloody engrossed in the game, but apparently it won the first ever Legend award. Four days of play time logged on my game and I'm nowhere near cutting back, I still haven't even listened to the soundtrack that came with the game.
Fuuuuuuuuudge, I'm still way behind on the levels. Ahh I'll get there eventually, as for Geralt I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to shaving off his beard, it becomes more glorious with each passing day... it'd be like... shooting a dove in flight. I really need to work on my dodging though, when I get surrounded by those teleporting specters I'm practically a dead man.

Nice, I'll be checking out the books whenever I get a chance then. I grabbed the soundtrack as well and haven't listened to it on its own properly yet, but I'm so far in love with the music. Especially with how it's implemented within the game, it never overstays its welcome, or gets too loud and obnoxious, and for me it just hits all the right notes no matter what situation or location I'm in.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Still not had chance to touch it in some time as been away at music festival and going to Vegas in 2 weeks. Haven't even had chance to download any of the free stuff yet either.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Still not had chance to touch it in some time as been away at music festival and going to Vegas in 2 weeks. Haven't even had chance to download any of the free stuff yet either.

I have but I'm too high leveled for any of the equipment now. I'm waiting to get to level 20 odd (currently 19), so I can use the elven crossbow, haven't found the miners quest yet though probably look for it before heading to Skellige. I don't know when I'll download the Season-Pass which apparently adds an extra 30 hours(Holy-CRAP!)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I like that they are doing proper old school style expansion packs, far too few companies use this model anymore and I applaud them for doing so.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Wait, what comes with the Season Pass again?

I like that they are doing proper old school style expansion packs, far too few companies use this model anymore and I applaud them for doing so.
Indeed, I've long grown tired of all these damn devs and publishers going the get-rich-quick DLC route these days, it extends their games, yes, but only in the lowest way possible. Which doesn't benefit too many people in the long run, it sucks.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
The amount of free dlc is mind blowing, not just haircuts and weapons, but quests as well.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The amount of free dlc is mind blowing, not just haircuts and weapons, but quests as well.
Indeed. I haven't gotten around to any of the quest DLCs yet, still got my hands full with the base game's but this will easily tide me over till the holiday season.

Any of you guys done the Bloody Baron quest yet? I'm currently in the middle of it and damn is this quest awesome. I normally prefer being evil in most RPGs, but this one is definitely havin' a go at my morality a bit (and the game in general for that matter).

Also, any favorite quests any of you have thus far?

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Any of you guys done the Bloody Baron quest yet? I'm currently in the middle of it and damn is this quest awesome. I normally prefer being evil in most RPGs, but this one is definitely havin' a go at my morality a bit (and the game in general for that matter).

Also, any favorite quests any of you have thus far?

The bloody baron was an awesome quest but I wanted to kill those Crones so goddamn badly. I don't think I could pick an absolute favourite quests they are all great, but if I had to then I'd likely choose anything with Keira Metz Or Triss Merigold. Not because I'm a perv (I am) but more because I really loved their characters and wish that they could be in the entire game. Also I'm pretty sure I'm a total nerd and have fallen in love with Triss even more than Morrrigan from Dragon Age Origins.

I'm currently level 21 in Skellige back with Yennefer doing the quest Echoes Of The Past resuming the search for Ciri. Also if you hadn't figured it out there are two brothels in novigrad each with three prostitutes, just throwing it out there.

Edit; Just done the Pig village quest dlc and I've now clocked over 7 days in game, usually when I do that many hours in a game I feel great shame of having wasted so much time but not this time, no I feel quite proud. That's rather sad isn't it?

Last edited:

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The bloody baron was an awesome quest but I wanted to kill those Crones so goddamn badly. I don't think I could pick an absolute favourite quests they are all great, but if I had to then I'd likely choose anything with Keira Metz Or Triss Merigold. Not because I'm a perv (I am) but more because I really loved their characters and wish that they could be in the entire game. Also I'm pretty sure I'm a total nerd and have fallen in love with Triss even more than Morrrigan from Dragon Age Origins.

I'm currently level 21 in Skellige back with Yennefer doing the quest Echoes Of The Past resuming the search for Ciri. Also if you hadn't figured it out there are two brothels in novigrad each with three prostitutes, just throwing it out there.

Edit; Just done the Pig village quest dlc and I've now clocked over 7 days in game, usually when I do that many hours in a game I feel great shame of having wasted so much time but not this time, no I feel quite proud. That's rather sad isn't it?
I think my favorite thus far has to be the Ladies of the Wood quest especially how this single quest dips its fingers in so many various bits of the lore with a "What the hell's gonna happen next?", very well-written characters in this (****, very well-written characters for all the quests so far). Also, once you notice Keira Metz' exposed areola you'll never unsee it "Oh, I'm sorry were you saying something? I was too distracted by YOUR GOD DAMN NIPPLE SLIPS". But I definitely like Keira more than Yennefer, not sure what it is about Yeneffer, but I'm not really connecting with her character that well.

>_> I'm uh... Level 7 now... still doing a lot though! Fought my first harpie the other day, where the crossbow works amazingly well against them (just use the right bumper for a quick shot to bring 'em down). I don't find it sad, I wanna dump more hours into this game, but I'm already juggling a bunch of other games at the moment. Way I see it, every hour I put into this game is every hour that I get to appreciate (and show appreciation for) all the hard work CDPR slaved over this. Time not wasted, but time well spent rather. I'd feel ashamed if I were to have ever done such for a COD game or something, which thankfully I've never done.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
So I'm back at Kaer Morhen (Finished in Skellige) and I think the story has finally caught up to my level as I'm getting story missions my level now. I haven't done a whole lot in Skellige so I might start doing em soon but the story is really keeping me entertained atm, I really made up I decided to get this game i've spent like 8 days on it now.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Still taking my time with the story and mainly focusing on the secondary quests and contracts (they're so darn interesting), can't remember if it was stated if we can continue the game after beating it though. Hope so. Also, is it just me or do most of Geralt's outfits make him look like a damn jester? They're all so colorful and stripey, it makes me sad I can't trigger him to tell a joke and dance.

Glad to see there's more content coming out this week as well, my god, had this been Warner Bros. it would've been scattered amongst countless retailers as pre-order nonsense.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
can't remember if it was stated if we can continue the game after beating it though. Hope so. Also, is it just me or do most of Geralt's outfits make him look like a damn jester? They're all so colorful and stripey, it makes me sad I can't trigger him to tell a joke and dance.

Glad to see there's more content coming out this week as well, my god, had this been Warner Bros. it would've been scattered amongst countless retailers as pre-order nonsense.

You can continue after ending apparently, only some story heavy quests are lost if you haven't done them due to story effecting them.

I haven't downloaded ANY of the free content yet but will hopefully get some time to play it when I get back.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
You can continue after ending apparently, only some story heavy quests are lost if you haven't done them due to story effecting them.

I haven't downloaded ANY of the free content yet but will hopefully get some time to play it when I get back.
Ah awesome, thanks for that tip also. Will make sure I cover as much as I can so I don't miss anything good.

Better do so, it's pretty good stuff there.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Playing it atm, and god-damn this game is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG. Though I can safely say I'm nearly done with the story, I have rescued Ciri and I'm bringing the fight to the wild hunt in Novigrad. It just keeps getting better and better I even might actually say that this is the single greatest rpg I've ever played, aside from all the bugs that is.

Now for bragging time; I'm currently lvl 30 at 10 days, and 20 hours into the game. I'm fairly certain I've nearly finished it but can't say for sure, besides I do have the season pass to download after the credz roll on by.

So far throughout the entire game Vamps are my favourite thing to battle, really awesome unique design to them, just wish I could encounter them randomly they only seem to be quest enemies so far. Oh and also when driving boats you can use your crossbow to kill aerial enemies such as sirens and the like, only figured that out when my boat was half destroyed.

If you can try and play the dlc quests they are quite awesome.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Playing it atm, and god-damn this game is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG. Though I can safely say I'm nearly done with the story, I have rescued Ciri and I'm bringing the fight to the wild hunt in Novigrad. It just keeps getting better and better I even might actually say that this is the single greatest rpg I've ever played, aside from all the bugs that is.

Now for bragging time; I'm currently lvl 30 at 10 days, and 20 hours into the game. I'm fairly certain I've nearly finished it but can't say for sure, besides I do have the season pass to download after the credz roll on by.

So far throughout the entire game Vamps are my favourite thing to battle, really awesome unique design to them, just wish I could encounter them randomly they only seem to be quest enemies so far. Oh and also when driving boats you can use your crossbow to kill aerial enemies such as sirens and the like, only figured that out when my boat was half destroyed.

If you can try and play the dlc quests they are quite awesome.
Damn, 20 hours is really good for the main story. Skyrim didn't have much meat for its main quest line and could be knocked out in 10hrs, 5hrs if you fast traveled all the time. Does Ciri tag along as a companion after you've rescued her? Gets kinda lonely out there, just me... and Roach. I haven't encountered any bugs yet aside from getting stuck on those damn trees (and character pop-ins), but I have seen some amazing glitches via Youtube and such.

Psshh, still higher than me and I've got a long way to go, but I'm still loving it.

My favorite creatures thus far are the harpies, they're not that difficult, but they're very fun to fend off especially with the crossbow. Plus they're just awesome in motion. I have all the DLC thus far, but I haven't done much of them as their locations weren't very obvious.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Ciri accompanies you on quests, though not in 'free-roam'.

I think I'm exceedingly close to the ending just have to fight Eridin, but I may do a bit of back-tracking and replay it from Kaer Morhen as I'm not happy how the Romance subplot turned out.

I've also started reading The Last Wish, it starts off with Geralt breaking a curse of King Foltest's daughter who has been a Striga for the past fourteen years. It's really good so far, so looking forward to more of that.

I've barely done any if not anything of side missions or contracts in Skellige. But I have churned out like 240 hours on it. I never actually managed to finish Skyrim's storyline I foolish and quite funnily thought the storm cloak rebellion was the main story. :p

So after that I never bothered, I'm pretty sure I've clocked about the same time on Skyrim with all the quests and faction storylines.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Be careful with quest spoilers as I'm still essentially at the start of the game and haven't had time to play at all in weeks.