• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Theresa - Conspiracy Theories *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Minorthreat

Theresa - Conspiracy Theories *Spoilers*

I posted this in the Lionhead forums but I am really interested to hear people's thoughts.

* Note - this is not a debate about who Theresa is or what not. Just about her motives and how much of a role she really played in the games events.

I have to wonder if Lucien was not put into play by Theresa and nothing more than her puppet, much like your hero. She seemed to be subtly influencing all events from the very beginning. Why was she in Old town that day the merchant came through? Obviously she knew who you and Rose were and had to make sure you would buy the music box.

I am going to assume she also knew about Luciens craving for old world knowledge, and knew it would lead you to him. Perhaps Theresa even had a hand in Lucien acquiring old world knowledge. How deep of a role did she play. Could she have had something to do with Luciens wife and childs death? Setting Lucien down this path to begin with? Was your sisters and your hero's "death" a means to an ends?

Theresa's goal as you learn at the end, was ultimately the Spire itself. Awfully nice of Lucien to build it for her, since that is essentially what he did. She set you up to have reason to kill Lucien. She set Lucien up to become a fanatic to build the tower. You kill Lucien, she takes the tower. You get a wish, and your wishes basically undo the deaths she was responsible for anyway, except for the wealth option, which is pretty weak anyway.

There is also the question of Hammer's Father's death. It was apparent when you took her to wellspring cave she was not going to be any use as a pacifist, Theresa stated as much. How convenient that her Father was killed making her abandon her pacifist teachings and pick up a hammer.

There are a few holes to my theories of course. Such as why would Theresa need Luciens diary? Yet there is still much to support the theory that Theresa orchestrated many of the events and outcomes.

Thoughts? I am just putting this out there for opinions, for or against. Interested if anyone else felt this way or if I should have my name changed to Fox Mulder.

C

CertainDeath

Re: Theresa - Conspiracy Theories *Spoilers*

I think you may be on to something.

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score

maybe theresa isnt really "the" Theresa. Maybe shes something darker

anain12

Reaction score

Theresa IS the Fable 1 theresa. What with her eyes and all.

M

Minorthreat

anain12;238436 said:
Theresa IS the Fable 1 theresa. What with her eyes and all.

That is pretty generally accepted now I think. It makes sense. I am just wondering how far she meddled in the events of the story.

F

fable2rules123

She is so strong in the will she created eyes. It freaks out everytime i see them

M

Minorthreat

fable2rules123;238465 said:
She is so strong in the will she created eyes. It freaks out everytime i see them

There is also the comment she makes to Hammer while translating Luciens diary.
"I see in other worlds."

nonexistent92

Reaction score

Personally i think that the game makers chose the end where you send theresa into the void. There she made a pact with the sword of aeons just like scythe did (which would explain her being alive.) any complications such as if your hero had the sword how would it be in the void and her eyes could be explained by saying that things in the void have the ability to exist in two states. The void state, in where the real theresa, the real scythe, and the real sword are, and the albion state, in which "projection type things" of themselves are located. which is why Theresa could have gained eyes, because that is not her true body.

However, this is just my thoughts and probly completely wrong

EDIT: and it would also explain that quote "I see in other worlds then this one"

J

Jedimindtrixxx

i dont know bout lucien and theresa but in luciens diary page 15, he says "My beloved Helena and Amelia still visit me whenever I close my eyes, but last night my dreams were unlike any that have haunted me before. I saw a blind, hooded woman, and other figures, shadowed and gaunt..."

L

Enforcer
Reaction score

Thats true Jedi, makes me ponder...

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

As I've said before, she'll probably be the antagonist or protagonist in the next Fable.

Lionheart

Reaction score

I think that she might be trying to revive her brother (fable 1) by using the spire to make the wish. I really hope we play as him again next time.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

It might be, indeed. However, I think we will get another Hero to play with, as usual.

MasterJh

Reaction score

I noticed something about her; At the beginning when she persuades you to purchase the music box, as she is walking away she says something along the lines of "Yes, for 5 gold coins you could eat for a week but you would be no closer to seeing the inside of that castle" and Rose talks about the castle when you are no where near Theresa so Theresa has either been following you and Rose for a little while or she has some mythical powers or it could be that thing she says to Hammer when Hammer asks her how she could read those books and she says something like "I do not need eyes to see, i see things on many different levels" or whatever.

D

DanF2F

well she must av wonted that spire so badly i mean if she wanted to rid da evil she wud of destroyed it plus i recon u shud av owned the spire becoz a castle iz nufin compared to a black tower plus i want thereas robes ther fir cool but anywayz screw u guys im going home

Charliee!

Reaction score

Then ending where Theresa keeps the spire all for herself, regardles the reason, is the perfect leit motif for developers to create a 3rd game based on the "choice and consequence" scheme. It will also allow the hero to be motivated by revenge (as it has been on Fable and Fable II), being manipulated for darker purposes.
If this is Fable 1 Theresa, somehow something darker has taken hold of her and I expect we soon shall have some answers.

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score

i think she wasnt actually theresa. just a flesh puppet or an illusion

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Lionheart;238870 said:
I think that she might be trying to revive her brother (fable 1) by using the spire to make the wish. I really hope we play as him again next time.

I think that's just wishful thinking.

MasterJh;238937 said:
I noticed something about her; At the beginning when she persuades you to purchase the music box, as she is walking away she says something along the lines of "Yes, for 5 gold coins you could eat for a week but you would be no closer to seeing the inside of that castle" and Rose talks about the castle when you are no where near Theresa so Theresa has either been following you and Rose for a little while or she has some mythical powers or it could be that thing she says to Hammer when Hammer asks her how she could read those books and she says something like "I do not need eyes to see, i see things on many different levels" or whatever.

Well she is prophetic....

Charliee!;239151 said:
Then ending where Theresa keeps the spire all for herself, regardles the reason, is the perfect leit motif for developers to create a 3rd game based on the "choice and consequence" scheme. It will also allow the hero to be motivated by revenge (as it has been on Fable and Fable II), being manipulated for darker purposes.
If this is Fable 1 Theresa, somehow something darker has taken hold of her and I expect we soon shall have some answers.

Doesn't anyone think that perhaps she was just sticking around to deactivate or guard the Spire? I mean, it is pretty powerful and visible from about all of Albion; it's going to attract adventurers. Maybe she's just trying to stop people using it.

Jesus everyone always thinks the worst of people.

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score

but if you listen to her inflection when she says it.....
and besides have you ever taken your saftey off and just whacked the SH*T out of
theresa? when she recoils it looks like shes about to rip you to pieces and then she stops

squidcheez

Reaction score

Its possible lol..... but remember the whole thing with the spire is that anyone else who has power over it would probaly use it for evil.... i no i would

Status
Not open for further replies.