• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This is why I hate the ocean.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M3Rpy3tv50

So I was lurking in /b/ (already unwise), found a link to this video, and not only did it get me thinking but it scared the ****e out of me.

I can't be bothered to explain it so I call Wikipedia to my aid:

"According to the NOAA description, it "rises rapidly in frequency over about one minute and was of sufficient amplitude to be heard on multiple sensors, at a range of over 5,000 km." The NOAA's Dr. Christopher Fox does not believe its origin is man-made, such as a submarine or bomb, or familiar geological events such as volcanoes or earthquakes. While the audio profile of the Bloop does resemble that of a living creature, the source is a mystery both because it is different from known sounds and because it was several times louder than the loudest known animal, the blue whale."

Which means that somewhere in the massive black abyss of the ocean it highly likely there is a friggin' enormous sea creature bigger than a blue whale swimming around. I don't know about you but the idea of that creeps me out just a little bit. And we're talking, like, Cthulhu or the Krakken here.

Thoughts?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Probably just some horrible sea monster waiting for you to wander within his grasp so he can devour your soul.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Azer249

Reaction score
This remindes me of the time i was browsing /b/ and i came across

Zalgo. Remember children Zͥ̿͏̙͍̞͖̻ͅa͛ͪ͒̚͏̠͖̦͈̣̝̤͝l̵̢͖͑̊̓̔g̨̘̟̊͟͜ŏ̧̬͎ ̵̢̠̞̱̓ͩ̂ͤ̀̓͘i̸͍̫̟̗̎ͨͩ͐̄ͫŝ͙͉͍͌̃ͬ ̪̳͚̹͓̤͎̜ͤ̋͟͢͞c̜̺̙͔̣͛͆ͣ͆̃ͯ̋̔͝o͖̭͗̂ͪ̌ͬͧ͌̅͒͡m̮̟̘ͣ̓ͤ̽ͭ̒̐̒̚ͅȋ̖͇͉̮͍͍̜͒̎̎͡n͎̹̣͖̮͗ͅg̸͖̘̙ͮ̑̚̕͟ͅ ̤̻̤̌̔ͭ̃̅ͩ̆͆

If you dont know what that is google it. Every 4chan user should know it.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I've been interested in The Bloop (as the phenomenon has been named) for years now. We know a lot more about outer space than we do about what really lurks at the deepest parts of our oceans, which is food for thought. Another yummy thing is this:

ats51437_bloop.jpg

The Bloop is relatively "close" to where Lovecraft put the sunken city of R'lyeh where Cthulhu lies waiting in deathless slumber.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
That's well under the 5000km range.

Creepy.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
As I said "relatively close" as in the same geographical area. Not like they're one on the South Pole and the other on the North Pole.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Why do you think there has been so many sightings of Nessie? There is indeed a sea serpent dino out there man! I had proof, which the government stole and is suppressing..... bastards!

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09UD7b8lSCo

since that thing exists, i believe quite a lot about what could or couldn't live on the ocean floor.

I assume that to mean that you think there could be some sort of creature down there... personally I think there is, seeing as we know more about the surface of the moon than we do about the deepest parts of our oceans. So chances are there are species we haven't even conceived of living down there...

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Knew about it when I first researched Lovecraft, Cthulhu fhtagn.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Well, this was found, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZofZToSk2AY&feature=related

It's ANCIENT. I mean, how did we NOT find this!? We put so much money into space exploration, but yet we don't know about things under our own ocean! FFS.

that is one of the coolest-looking living things i have ever seen. like, honestly, nothing alive looks REMOTELY like it. i love it.

"they tried to take it out of the ocean into a confined space, but it died soon after."
- video description

facedesk.jpg

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
To be fair, space is easy to explore, seeing as how it's empty. Ocean is full of water and stuff that either eats or crushes you.

Refer to title of thread.