• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Time Machine...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Time Machine...?

No I didn't. And I don't undestand yours. We just wouldn't know what WW II is. So, the past and the future would be changed.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Daemon300;315664 said:
No I didn't. And I don't undestand yours. We just wouldn't know what WW II is. So, the past and the future would be changed.

But we KNOW what WW II - thusly it can't be changed. WW II must've happened for someone to KNOW about it in order to travel back and change it.

However, if he did change it so that it didn't happen, he wouldn't KNOW about WW II in the future from which he traveled back in time - and he wouldn't have gone back in time to change it.

As such, if something has happened in the past you can't change it.

I don't know how much more clear I could be. If you travel back in time to change something, and successfully change it, you wouldn't have any reason to travel back in time and change it.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Tsuyu;315654 said:
So rather than changing the past, he simply acted out the past in the way it did happen.

Lol i was gonna say something like that. That everything is supposed to happen the way it happens. You can't change the future, present or past.
By going to the past you are causing the future. Like when Kyle Reese went back in time and fathered John Connor. There would be no John Connor had he not gone to the past, he merely caused the future o be the future.

So i'm just saying that time machine missions wont change anything but keep everything the way its meant to be.

and what about going to the future in Fable...?
Maybe we can like meet master chief or something...

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

Tsuyu;315688 said:
But we KNOW what WW II - thusly it can't be changed. WW II must've happened for someone to KNOW about it in order to travel back and change it.

However, if he did change it so that it didn't happen, he wouldn't KNOW about WW II in the future from which he traveled back in time - and he wouldn't have gone back in time to change it.

As such, if something has happened in the past you can't change it.

I don't know how much more clear I could be. If you travel back in time to change something, and successfully change it, you wouldn't have any reason to travel back in time and change it.

Well, if we're gonna get scientific, let's go....
If a time machine was possible, yes, you COULD change things all you wanted. If you could go back and, say, kill Hitler, you would not be changing anything in YOUR timeline. BUT, an alternate timeline would be created where there was never WWII. Time would branch off into another direction, but still leave the old timeline in tact...
To incorporate this into Fable, you could go back, change whatever, then go back to "the future" that you have created for yourself...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Alternative timelines aren't scientific at all. Unless you count Science Fiction - emphasis on fiction.

The key is to remember that the past happened before you went back in time, and any changes there would affect the events leading up to you going back in time.

Lets say I want to kill my own grandfather. So I go back in time and kill him. But wait - if I kill him, that means neither me or my father will be born, thus preventing me from traveling back in time to kill my grandfather.

Ergo, I can't change the past by killing my grandfather, because the "future" where I travel back in time requires the "past" to have transpired "correctly".

adenp9070

Reaction score

ok if you killed hitler and prevented ww2 then when you went back nobody would know as it never happened making tsuyu correct, however you would know when you went back, but there could be two of you, as the current you and past you, or neither of you will exist as the butterfly effect could kill your family, country or earth,

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

That depends.

Do you return to the future? Or do you life your life out and die before the "future" you is born? If you live out your life nothing meeting yourself, I'd save the universe is pretty safe from implodin'. :lol:

adenp9070

Reaction score

haha well if you stay in the past then you could end up destroying your own life killing you before your born (back to the future) or say you did kill hitler that could allow a jewish bomb techniction to create something that radiates the world killing everything
so anything can happen really, can even keep the world rulled by dinosaurs

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Well, the fact that you're in the past as a result of yourself traveling there from the future pretty much guarantees that you can't accidentally kill any of your relatvies related to your own birth... because then you couldn't be in the past.

adenp9070

Reaction score

yer but i would imagine you just dissapear coz if i went back 20 years and killed my dad i would be able to i would just dissapear or something, although theres allways the reason we cant have a time machine because if there was one somebody would have came back and we would allready have it

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

Alternate timelines are impossible to prove or disprove at the moment, so I won't dwell on the topic....A time-machine would be a little bit Sci-Fi for a Fable game, wouldn't it? Unless you used "Hal" as a way to bring in the technology, but I am pretty sure Hal will never be a big-time character...A steampunk-ish Time-Machine wouldn't be SO bad, but it's still a little bit Sci-Fi...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

You can't really kill your dad.

Because your mom and dad having you predates your trip to the past. Catch 22 right there.

adenp9070

Reaction score

haha its one of them things that will allways be speculation and never proven :/ i would just keep going back 5 mins 99 times so there will be an army of 100 of me :)

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Omg. Stop confusing me! XD And what's the Butterfly Effect?

adenp9070

Reaction score

it means that in the past even something as insignificant as crushing a butterfly can cause the biggest repercussions, using hitler as an example again :p if you kill a butterfly that was supposed to be eaten by a lizard, (wierd i know but hey) the lizard could then die from starvation, the dead lizard could have been supposed to bite hitler and he should have died from infection, now because you killed that butterfly hitler lived and caused ww2

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

ok... WHATT??????!!

I get it.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Tsuyu;315747 said:
You can't really kill your dad.

Because your mom and dad having you predates your trip to the past. Catch 22 right there.

dude you can kill your dad, assuming he had already made love to your mom.

But it turns out you lived life without a father. You caused yourself to not have a father and you were supposed to go kill your dad.

EgoAlchemist

It's over 9000!!1!11
Reaction score

Alternate timelines are impossible to prove or disprove at the moment, so I won't dwell on the topic....A time-machine would be a little bit Sci-Fi for a Fable game, wouldn't it?
No.

Use your will to make a powerful Culis gate and you maybe can create one! Who now, maybe Theresa would make one with the spire or something. Master chife could when he go back in time and you could when you go back to okvale in the new expansion, remember? And you could also look at the future in "See the future" expansion.

A

AimlessCleric

Alright, enough of this headache-causing arguement!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.