• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Time Machine...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Re: Time Machine...?

time machine? no. but what I would like to see is a Fable game taking place in the Old Kingdom (a long time befor Fable 1 for those who dont know). that would be awesome, since the Old Kingdom had conciderably better magics and technology befor it was destroyed. youd probably get to play as one of Archons children since he had good and bad ones. but I dont think it shold play up to the point were the old kingdom is destroyed, that wouldnt leave mutch choice in the end and wouldnt allow you to play after compleating the main quest.

the time machine is an interesting idea, but it gets a bit to complicated in the end. I didnt read all the posts but Im sure someone mentioned some of the many problems with time travel.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

I believe that, when you go back in time, you can literally ANYTHING you want. whatever you do has a certain impact on the timeline. Do whatever you want! Try it! I think that it won't change the past. It makes it just so we end up in this present. Go ahead and kill Hitler. Your attempt at doing so will activate certain things that make the timeline as it is. You CAN'T escape! it is all determined! Well, not like 'destiny'. But that all your actions trying to change the past will fail. Whatever you do will result in exactly what the present is right now...

Well, back to Fable. Uhm... According to what i tried to explain above, maybe you won't go back in time as a side quest. But as the MAIN Quest. Since whatever you will try to do, will make it so that the time from where you left is exactly that. You may be sent back in time to prevent the Archon's children from dominating the world, but one of to things may happen: 1, you fail. 2, You succeed at certain actions, but eventually, you see that everything you did, trying to prevent it, actually CREATED it! It's your own fault!

Or an even more Wacky theory: You decide to go back in time to meet William Black(/the Archon/Scythe) and kill him. When you are in that time, you decide to have uhm... 'intercourse' with some women. Then, because you seem to have these 'Will-Powers' (but nobody knows it yet) your child inherits those powers, and actually is William Black! Then, something happens what makes you disappear from there (maybe you died, trying to kill Jack of Blades, as he entered Albion. Or you didn't have the power to kill your own child, so you left) and William is the first person in history, known to have the 'Powers of Will'.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

D3m190d;320140 said:
I believe that, when you go back in time, you can literally ANYTHING you want. whatever you do has a certain impact on the timeline. Do whatever you want! Try it! I think that it won't change the past. It makes it just so we end up in this present. Go ahead and kill Hitler. Your attempt at doing so will activate certain things that make the timeline as it is. You CAN'T escape! it is all determined! Well, not like 'destiny'. But that all your actions trying to change the past will fail. Whatever you do will result in exactly what the present is right now...

Well, back to Fable. Uhm... According to what i tried to explain above, maybe you won't go back in time as a side quest. But as the MAIN Quest. Since whatever you will try to do, will make it so that the time from where you left is exactly that. You may be sent back in time to prevent the Archon's children from dominating the world, but one of to things may happen: 1, you fail. 2, You succeed at certain actions, but eventually, you see that everything you did, trying to prevent it, actually CREATED it! It's your own fault!

Or an even more Wacky theory: You decide to go back in time to meet William Black(/the Archon/Scythe) and kill him. When you are in that time, you decide to have uhm... 'intercourse' with some women. Then, because you seem to have these 'Will-Powers' (but nobody knows it yet) your child inherits those powers, and actually is William Black! Then, something happens what makes you disappear from there (maybe you died, trying to kill Jack of Blades, as he entered Albion. Or you didn't have the power to kill your own child, so you left) and William is the first person in history, known to have the 'Powers of Will'.

Lol, is that why they call it Will powers? Cuz his name was William?
And can you explain t me who William Black is cuz i dont know, due to my lack of fable 2.

Anyway, back to topic, Thats really what i meant, you go back in time but your efforts are useless, either you fail to stop something from happening, or you cause it to happen. But i never understood why people who cause something to happen dont go back in time to stop themselves from causing it.

Flee4me

Thomas
Reaction score

I believe this would make a great sidequest =)

for example, screwing something up in the "main" quest (which you HAVE to do, no matter what), even though at the time it doesn't seem like a bad thing to do.

later finding out that you like brought misery upon a whole town (flooding with bandits, swamps, balverines, -10000000 economy etc...) and then some1 (wacky professor who lives there, hidden?) complains about once a person (you) doing something to cause this all and that he would want to go back in the past to fix it (but he's feeble, old an weak) so you take his place, go back in time, see yourself as a kid and undo what you did back then =D

after doing so, you'd return to the current time and the town would be all pretty and nice!

how does that sound?

and for all those saying "kill hitler", I do hope you guys mean like before the 1938's? because actually a sniper squad (in 1941 I believe) had the opportunity to take him out, but they aborted. because if they would have shot him, he would have turned into a martyr, causing far more damage, hate-feelings, facism etc...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I'd find it hilarious if you went back in time, had a smoke, and accidentally dropped a match in the grass of Oakfield which in turn torched the village, which in turn drew the attention of some local bandits there, thus setting the stage for the first game. ;)

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

Yes XD. A guy named William Black was born, and he had this great powers. No one had a name for it, They were just 'the powers of Will'. Later they were called Will powers. And if you don't know. William Black was the very first archon, and, according ti the tales of Albion, he is Scythe. (blue cloaked old guy seen in Fable TLC). So, actually, the first archon(william black, a.k.a. Scythe, is still alive o_O').

But that was just a respond to someone. On topic, uhm... I concur with that person who said that a certain Cullis Gate may work as a time machine...

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Tsuyu;320697 said:
I'd find it hilarious if you went back in time, had a smoke, and accidentally dropped a match in the grass of Oakfield which in turn torched the village, which in turn drew the attention of some local bandits there, thus setting the stage for the first game. ;)

Thats another thing I'd like, the hero being the cause ofmany events in the previous games. and it would also be funny if the hero was actually gonna try and stop the raid.

The hero can also become jack of blades and play as jack of blades in a side quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.