• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tips on Getting Those 5 Star Dyes / and Easy Money for Starters

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Tips on Getting Those 5 Star Dyes / and Easy Money for Starters

5 Star Dyes can be hard to find, and can sell for a lump of Gold (So I've heard).

Well, I recently got all but one, which is a Pink one I do not need.

Here is some tips I discovered to get them faster.

OLD WAY: You go to Fairfax, hoping to find a Clothing Trader, only to obtain 0-3 Dyes you want. Sometimes they are not there, or the trader is out of stock.

MY WAY: Now I assume a LOT of you know this, but some people might not, so I will say it anyway. Go to Fairfax and find you a nice little Clothing Trader, once you find him then get him to follow you. Go back to a bed in BowerStone/Castle FF. Sleep for seven days. Purchase ALL items (even duplicates since it can raise his 'economy' up). Sleep for seven more days... you get the point.

Sleep, buy, sleep buy. Easy, and you do not need to continuously find a Clothing Trader, since some ain't around.\
------------------------

Easy Money can be made quite easy too.

Go to Fairfax and find you a nice little Weapons/Rifle/Pistol etc etc Trader. This Trader will buy for a larger sum of Gold than others. Get him to follow you, go to Bowerstone Market. Purchase weapons form the Blacksmith, then sell to the Trader. You'll be rolling in dough in no time, not to mention it raises economy and can even make the Black Smith supply Master Weapons with 2 augment slots in the future. After the Blacksmith is out of stock, go to sleep for 7 days and repeat. This does NOT work if the Blacksmith has a RAISE in prices. Works best on sales from the Blacksmith.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: Tips on Getting Those 5 Star Dyes / and Easy Money for Starters

Interestingly enough, when I wrote my Box of Secrets guide, I said to use that very same method to obtain the Regal Purple Dye. As for the weapon selling trick, it actually works best if you buy all your weapons from wherever has a sale going on, and then find one of those traders in Fairfax Gardens and sell it to them there. When they're actually in Fairfax Gardens, the economy is much better, and there is a greater price mark up so you can make more money.