• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To what end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score
To what end?

So this is and isn't really about Fable 3, in truth it's about all the Fables in general (including the ones that will be made). So what do you think the ultimatum to the entire story plot is? Despite the ability to make choices, there has to be an ending to be achieved. An ending that is most likely influenced by Theresa and possibly Scythe, regardless of the morality of their intentions.

So I ask to what end?
As well as Theresa's (and others) motives in the end?

Just answer based off what you know. If you don't have an idea, then formulate (a logical) one.

Cain

Reaction score
Re: To what end?

There is no set ending. Fable III will have an ending that is caused by your choices. Also there is a Fable 4 and a Fable 5 after this so we still have a lot to find out. Lionhead will choose one of the endings and make it canon, which will be seen in Fable 4. But there is no set ending for the player and theresas motives have never been clear. We will find out in the next game what they will be and Scythes motives are too stay alive for as long as possible.

So overall, we can't say what the ultimatum will be as we still need to find out a lot of stuff.

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score

word. the hell does it mean my message was too short? retorical

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

i hope to get more solid info on Scythe...

Psychosis

Reaction score

I just hope that Fable doesn't just keep going so far into the future that it ends up in modern day. I know this is very unlikely, but the idea of proper 'guns' in Fable does not appeal to me. Fable 2 got the guns aspect absolutely perfect in my opinion. I suppose if Fable continues into the future but not so far that swords and magic diminish (Which won't happen anyway) then I'm happy. I think Theresa will play an important part in every Fable game, she is immortal or some sort of variation on immortality after all. I'd like to see Jack of Blades and Scythe, although I don't think either will make an appearance.

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

Whew sometimes it seems like life keeps dumping work on me. Well sorry I haven't gotten back (not that anyone cares. lol), but that somehow the present time in Fable 2/3 is trying to loop back to the times of the Archons. I feel that somehow the ressurection of the heroes guild is immanent is some shape or form. Just my thoughts though.

Psychosis

Reaction score

I'd love to see the Heroes' Guild make a return in Fable III.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

I'd love to see that the game has an epic ending like all games usually do.

Yes i agree that the game shouldnt last so long that it becomes in the modern day, it should keep to the ancient arts of the magic etc etc, dont want there being to many high tech things. If people want it to be high tech then im sure that they can play other games that have that ability in it.

Just as long as fable III has an epic ending then ill be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.