• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tom Hanks confirms Toy Story 4

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
What the title said.

I thought Toy Story 3 rounded up the story perfectly. A fourth one sounds like the milking of a lately deceased cash cow.

What do you think?

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I don't really care about Toy Story, but I do think about milking series.

It appears as ideal to stop at the highest point of a succesful series-be it games, films, books or music albums.
If the series is continues after that point, it quickly comes across as 'milking the product' for money.
However, I think you should first look at why the series was started. Was it for money? Then there is a chance they're milking the product for more money. But in the case of music, bands often just make music because they like making music. They will of course release an album with their creations, because some money is always nice. And maybe they actually do it for the money then, but that''s simply because you need to earn it someway, and you may not have time to make a lot of music and have another job for the money. Then they will keep making music and releasing albums until people get tired of them. Now a band is at its highest point. Is it still milking for money if they keep going? I don't think so. I think you should keep making music as long as you like to, and just not give a rats ass about your legacy. Who cares what people think of you? As long as you have fun making music. The money and the fame just comes with it. And then only sometimes...

Just thought I'd share that. But I don't know about Toy Story. =|

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
They are like Nintento. They're going for the new generation of children. Parents, be wary, don't let your children enjoy the media until they understand they are lame and all they want are the little money they can gather.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Most people know my thoughts on Toy Story.

However, this does seem like they're milking it a bit so unless it is REALLY, REALLY GOOD then I will be very, very sad that my favourite trilogy has been ruined :'(

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
zoidberg-why.png

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....?

Didn't Toy Story 3 wrap it all up with a nice little bow, and was a smashing success too boot? Don't push your luck, nobody likes a franchise that outstays it's welcome...

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
There was a nice Toy Story mini story at the beginning of Cars 2 which makes me think that this isn't a terrible idea. There were so many new characters in the third movie that a 4th one has a lot of potential.

I'm all for this.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Toy Story is dead to me, I will not see a fourth. The third movie wrapped it up perfectly.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
The 3rd was so sad.

I don't really see a fourth one as bieng successful. But for little kids anything works.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
The Third movie finished it just well. Why on Earth would they make a fourth? Sigh. I feel like too many movie, TV series and game franchises are being milked out of proportion. Although I'm sure the new generation kids will enjoy this, I will not see it, I think it would ruin the experience for me. I would rather stick to the memories of the first, second and third.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Same thing happened to Pirates of the Carribean.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Same thing happened to Pirates of the Carribean.
But then again, I lurved it. And so did many others. And the cast and those people and whatnot still liked making it and weren't done with Jack Sparrow. At World's End wrapped a story, but not his life. Actually, the end of the movie indicated there was going to be more, so it was the right thing to do, making a fourth movie.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
And I don't think that the end of the Pirate's flick was as "wrapped up" and "final" as the Toy Story flick was.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
There was a nice Toy Story mini story at the beginning of Cars 2 which makes me think that this isn't a terrible idea. There were so many new characters in the third movie that a 4th one has a lot of potential.

I'm all for this.

What happened in said mini story?

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Some just don't know when to quit.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Barbie and Ken go on a date.

I KNOW IT SOUNDS STUPID... but it was actually pretty damn funny.

I can imagine how it would be... but it was only a mini story. Just because they can pull that off, could they really pull off a full movie??

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
"you mean the goal of making movies isn't to make money?"
-Director of Nightmare on Elm Street

surprisingly smart guy who did a very enlightening interview.