• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Toughest boss fights?

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I'm just interested in knowing which boss fights have driven you to complete insanity.
I have played many games in my time and the Top 10 bosses (in rough order) that made me lose control were:
10. Heishin - Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories
The knows how to play cards. He should take up poker.
9. Bioshock Boss
He was tough and took a while to beat i suppose.
8. Nemesis- Resident Evil 3
The big guy was immune to death. He was scary. He wielded a rocket launcher!
7.Yiazmat? - Fanal Fantasy VIII? (i forget)
The guy simply had too much HP. Took way over an hour to kill him.
6. Zues - God Of War 2
He's not just a God, not just a God of gods, hes a pain in the *ss
5. Final Boss Ultimate Parasite? - Parasite Eve
I may have only been a youngster, but this thing was BAD! He had like 4 evolution stages. The thing just would not die!
4. Nancy- Tekken 6
They should have sent this thing to deal with Azazel! Bonus Stage? Really?! It was
3. Alma- Ninja Gaiden
She made me cry.
2. Sephiroth- Final Fantasy VII?
I never beat him. Simply impossible. His name sends a chill down my spine. So many HORRIBLE memories.
1. Walter-Fable 3
*JOKES!
The Immortal- Lost Odyssey
Not many agree with me, but this is perhaps the reason why already have little grey hairs. I never killed this guy. Why was HE not the main boss in the game. Why didn't they send this guy to kick Gongora's *ss?! What kind of move almost entirely wipes out 3 peaked level characters at once?! Kill me.

Discuss?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Well, I don't typically play games for their difficulty, and I haven't played any of the games you've listed (aside from the Fable 3 joke). I'd say the most difficult boss fight I've encountered would have to be Kazdan Paratus from the first Force Unleashed on the highest difficulty setting. It was only the second real boss fight, but it was infinitely harder than all the others, even Darth Vader, because as you progressed through the game, you got more force powers and got to upgrade your abilities. I was stuck on Kazdan Paratus for three days straight, and when I finally won, I ended up yelling stuff like "F*CK YOU! I WIN!" at my television. It was pretty intense.

Also, when I ran through Fallout New Vegas on hardcore mode (did a speed run just for the achievement), I was only level 11 by the time I got to the end, and even though everything up until that point was relatively easy, Legate Lanius was a bitch to fight. I couldn't beat him the night I got to him, so I had to turn off my Xbox and try again the next day. That next day, I remembered that I could just lower the difficulty level. I didn't care about beating him fairly because I just wanted that achievement, so I lowered the difficulty to very easy and then bashed the sh*t out of him. I think I still would have been able to beat him that day without adjusting the difficulty; it just would have taken a lot longer.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Well, I don't typically play games for their difficulty, and I haven't played any of the games you've listed (aside from the Fable 3 joke). I'd say the most difficult boss fight I've encountered would have to be Kazdan Paratus from the first Force Unleashed on the highest difficulty setting. It was only the second real boss fight, but it was infinitely harder than all the others, even Darth Vader, because as you progressed through the game, you got more force powers and got to upgrade your abilities. I was stuck on Kazdan Paratus for three days straight, and when I finally won, I ended up yelling stuff like "F*CK YOU! I WIN!" at my television. It was pretty intense.

Also, when I ran through Fallout New Vegas on hardcore mode (did a speed run just for the achievement), I was only level 11 by the time I got to the end, and even though everything up until that point was relatively easy, Legate Lanius was a bitch to fight. I couldn't beat him the night I got to him, so I had to turn off my Xbox and try again the next day. That next day, I remembered that I could just lower the difficulty level. I didn't care about beating him fairly because I just wanted that achievement, so I lowered the difficulty to very easy and then bashed the sh*t out of him. I think I still would have been able to beat him that day without adjusting the difficulty; it just would have taken a lot longer.
Haha, i did the same thing to get that acheivement.. He proved too much trouble to do (as did numerous other bits).
I guess i should have included Gonon from Ocharina Of Time Zelda and Arch Demon Urthemiel from DA :/

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
I remember the last guy on Gun, the cowboy game, what a prick.
Orrrr (Probably because I was young) the Arabian/gypsy dude on Bugs n Taz time adventureres..
Annnd pretty much all my games on Sega

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Orrrr (Probably because I was young) the Arabian/gypsy dude on Bugs n Taz time adventureres..
Annnd pretty much all my games on Sega
Wow, Bugs and Taz? That is going back.. I remember that :S I don't remember that boss though :/

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I remember struggling with Seymour & Anima in FFX as well as Dark Yojimbo and some of the other Dark Aeons. Ozma in FFIX was pretty tough too. Im sure there are more but they are the first that came to mind.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Wow, I'm surprised someone else actually knows about that game. Magruder's not too hard once you know what you're doing. If I remember correctly, just shoot him in the head and use your dynamite to blow up the spots on the ground with the gas leaking out when he walks over them. Then shoot his dynamite in the air with your quick draw during the second part.

Damn, I'm surprised I actually remembered that. By the way...

I'm Hoodoo Brown!

Best. Part. Of. The. Game.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised someone else actually knows about that game. Magruder's not too hard once you know what you're doing. If I remember correctly, just shoot him in the head and use your dynamite to blow up the spots on the ground with the gas leaking out when he walks over them. Then shoot his dynamite in the air with your quick draw during the second part.

Damn, I'm surprised I actually remembered that. By the way...

I'm Hoodoo Brown!

Best. Part. Of. The. Game.

It was a great game! Haha, Yeeeeeah, ONCE you know what to do, its not too bad.. BUT when I didnt, I was getting so ****ed off

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Duriel from Diablo II was a bit tough, though in the end you could just "cheat" your way through the fight. Or exploit town portal scrolls, not directly cheat. He was also the hardest boss of the game.

I never finished the final boss of Chrono Cross and unless you knew the special way of beating him, he was extremely tough.

There is this fun space shooter called Nebula Figher. In any case, this one boss that protects himself with impenetrable shields 90% the time and shoots you with undodgable beams of electricity can basically only be beaten by suiciding into his weapons every time he opens his shields; and with that making good use of all the extra (arcade style) health you had collected throughout the game.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Seymour from FFX still cannot be beaten by me. I hate him. I hate him so much.

Stupid as it sounds, I could never beat Ripper Roo from Crash Bandicoot but I could easily beat the end boss, Dr. Cortex.

Jack of Blades in Dragon form - still can't do it :(

General Raam. Do not go there.

Struggled with that Legate bloke from Fallout New Vegas so I just upped my speech skills before meeting him and talked him into surrender instead. Much easier.

Had one game online of L4D2 and for some reason, we were plagued with a string of Tanks - some coming two at a time - and it just made me rage so hard trying to fill up a generator with petrol whilst being battered by these things. Normally you get one or two per level and even then, it tends to be towards the finale. We must have had maybe 9 in one chapter.

Since I tend to struggle with the start menu of most games, I'm sure I'll have more...

Azer249

Reaction score

Stupid as it sounds, I could never beat Ripper Roo from Crash Bandicoot but I could easily beat the end boss, Dr. Cortex.

Struggled with that Legate bloke from Fallout New Vegas so I just upped my speech skills before meeting him and talked him into surrender instead. Much easier.

Had one game online of L4D2 and for some reason, we were plagued with a string of Tanks - some coming two at a time - and it just made me rage so hard trying to fill up a generator with petrol whilst being battered by these things. Normally you get one or two per level and even then, it tends to be towards the finale. We must have had maybe 9 in one chapter.

Since I tend to struggle with the start menu of most games, I'm sure I'll have more...

I'm surprised you didn't put the Archdeamon from Dragon Age!

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I previously stated that i should have put that on.. Then again, if you have enough health potions, you can beat anyone on that game :)

Ripper Roo? That's hilarious! XD
i never really had a problem with FFX.. It was VII and VIII that had me raging :')

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
General RAAM from the original Gears of War definitely deserves a mention.

Pretty much any monster from the Monster Hunter franchise beside Yian Kut-ku.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
General RAAM from the original Gears of War definitely deserves a mention.

Pretty much any monster from the Monster Hunter franchise beside Yian Kut-ku.
He is hard until you figure out a system to beat him. I don't quite remember the system but it became quite easy :')
The Digimon 2003 final boss lasted a long time.. Forgot about him! :S

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
My toughest boss battles; (In no particular order)

dot-002.png
Super Castlevania IV - Dracula
He's tough and one of the hardest bosses I've ever experienced.

dot-002.png
Resident Evil 4 - Kauser Encounters
A commando with knives and multiple other abilities - including his mutation.

dot-002.png
Bayonetta - Final Levels
The final stages of the game are filled with fast-paced boss fights where every mistake will hit you, hard.

dot-002.png
Dark Souls
Overall this game's bosses are impossible - the first one is the most forgiving, really.

dot-002.png
The Elder Scrolls IV: Skyrim - Alduin
Perhaps on lower difficulties and early he isn't much of a fight. However - in a real end-game on the highest settings he does satisfy your lust for dragon blood.
i knew that someone would bring up Dark Souls and Deamon Souls at some point. I've heard that they are solid fights. But i hav never played those games. The same can be said about Contra unfortunately :'(

Yes, Alduin (but only on a high difficulty setting) can be very difficult when you first fight him on the Throat Of The World. I couldn't do it, so I wussied out and lowered the difficulty ;|

Resident Evil 4 didn't really give me any trouble. Completed it in one sitting without a single swear word :')

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
My toughest boss battles; (In no particular order)

dot-002.png
Super Castlevania IV - Dracula
He's tough and one of the hardest bosses I've ever experienced.

dot-002.png
Resident Evil 4 - Kauser Encounters
A commando with knives and multiple other abilities - including his mutation.

dot-002.png
Bayonetta - Final Levels
The final stages of the game are filled with fast-paced boss fights where every mistake will hit you, hard.

dot-002.png
Dark Souls
Overall this game's bosses are impossible - the first one is the most forgiving, really.

dot-002.png
The Elder Scrolls IV: Skyrim - Alduin
Perhaps on lower difficulties and early he isn't much of a fight. However - in a real end-game on the highest settings he does satisfy your lust for dragon blood.
And Bayonetta was very hard! I completely forgot about that! I only rented it so i never had time to finish the final boss :')

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Shut up.

Also, he wasn't a problem per se, it was those shrieks and respawning generals who I killed prior to the battle who got me. Game bugged on me majorly and Shale became unresponsive after a while. doesn't help that I suck at the game either.

Also, shut up.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Role-playing game bosses are usually the toughest. They always vary and the way you develop your character might work to your advantage or disadvantage - sometimes things as menial as positioning might define the line between winning or losing. (Especially in the nowadays combat-focused role-playing games) I put Alduin in my post because he's a fine example of what I believe.
Yeah, my first character was a Dark Elf and I faced Alduin at level 11 as a spellsword.. Didn't work out well for me. The Duel Wielding Nord is the easiest way to begin the game :')