• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Troll Summon

OldBoy

Reaction score
Re: Troll Summon

andythegill;116209 said:
i know its bumping an old thread and im truly sorry but really how do you change the rankings i just got the summon spell and its a default earth troll but when it kills a rock troll it wont turn into one help please

Hmmm. I'd have to look into that. If that's really the case, I probably did something wrong. :ninja:

m800_runner;116220 said:
one problem. i already changed my default summon to ice troll. would this still work? or is there a way around to changing my summon. thanks

This mod still works for you, since it overwrites your changes.

For anyone that's interested; I'm kinda tired, but I'll try to explain the summon thing:

The key to the whole summon spell is the ranking, this is controlled in the CSummonnableDef.

The ranking in the game goes from 1 (hornet) to 29 (minion). That's for the summonable creatures. The creatures that are not summonable have the rank of -1.

You can change your default summon to let's say Maze or a guard, but they've got the rank -1, so if they kill any summonable creature, they get replaced.
You have to change the rank, if you don't want it to be replaced.

The problem is that all the creatures that aren't summonable, use the same CSummonableDef (with the rank -1), so if you change the rank, you change it for the lot.

The key is to create a new CSummonableDef entry in the game.bin, and link the creature you want to use to it....

Then there's the problem of the BRAIN the summonable creature uses, but that's not what where on about now.

But you can take a look at how I did it with this mod. Load it, and check the CSummonableDef of the CREATURE_EARTH_TROLL, also check the new brains I've added.

OldBoy

Reaction score

andythegill;116209 said:
i know its bumping an old thread and im truly sorry but really how do you change the rankings i just got the summon spell and its a default earth troll but when it kills a rock troll it wont turn into one help please

I took a look at the problem, and the same thing happened to me. But when I let a summoned minion kill a rock troll, my summoned minion changed to a rock troll... I'm not really sure how to solve this (yet).

So the solution to your problem is to let a summoned minion (or any summoned creature besides an earth troll) kill a rock troll.

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

how it wont change its a default

OldBoy

Reaction score

andythegill;117482 said:
how it wont change its a default

Change the rank of the Earth Troll.

Start Fable Explorer -> Go to CREATURES -> Find CREATURE_EARTH_TROLL -> Open it -> Find the CSummonableCreatureDef -> Click on the link to it -> Change the rank to something low.

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

okie dokie will do now, ta

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

hooray rock troll! and they follow you. wait when there feet hit ground they make a noise, so a noise was created for them to follow, only follow when summoned so therefore they were going to be summoned before but taken out?

Assasin15

Reaction score

First of all; Sorry for Bumping, but I really want this to work.. Except for Rival Heroes, Trolls are the strongest in the games..

So.. I did all what you've said, but It doesn't work for me.. My current Summon is a Bandit Leader, with the 2 horns on his back you know.. Strong, sure, but not strong enough..

I went to Greatwood and defeated the Earth Troll there, the Summon gives the last strike, so he kills the Troll.. Like you said, right..

Then the game has encountered an error and stops.

So I tried it again, but now in Whithwood Cullis Gate, where you fight the Rock Troll, so it's not an Earth Troll!! This time I walk around a bit so the Troll throws the stones at me, so my Summon can kill him.. He does, and then the screen turns black, and I get the same Error as before..

Can you help me Oldboy?

D

dr.dray_7

hey ive been making some custom summons but i wanted to ask you
..... where is the npc's rank located? i go to >special ablilitys>summon> then i change my default summon to thunder or whatever i choose but i cant find rank...so when he kills a monster he changes into that monster help!

jhanuss

Reaction score
i still dont get it, is it actually posible to make any creature summonable? could someone make a miniguide explaining how to do this? id like to mess around with it, i want to summon those annoying nymphs