• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trying to find a movie.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I've always been a big sucker for everything Cyberpunk (but especially 80s-90s) from the literature, games and movies, to the music most associated with it. The scene you described sounds familiar, but I can't put a finger on it at the moment. When I figure it out I'll post back with it.

As for suggestions, I'll just go straight down the list of cyberpunk entertainment that I can recall off-hand.

Anime/Animation:
Genocyber. - (CAUTION) As excellent as it is, it's extremely graphic & ultra-violent and does involve child molestation and slaughtering (I'm not even joking), it holds no punches. I haven't seen it in awhile, but as I recall it's a 5-part mini series from the early 90s, with episodes 1, 2, and 3 being the heaviest. It literally opens up with the stuff, so if you can stomach it then it's quite worth it, episodes 4 & 5 drags a bit though. As it is, it's honestly the most graphic and violent anime I've ever seen in my life (and I've seen a lot). It's one of the most controversial animes for a reason. You've been warned.

Akira. - What can be said? It's like the Bladerunner of anime (completely different story of course), I don't know anybody that hasn't seen it before by now.
Black Magic M-66. - One of my faves and a hidden gem, hard to find at times too. It's not exceptional like Akira or GiTS, but if you want a straight-forward cyberpunk tale with an android and some fun on top, then it's a good watch.
Battle Angel Alita. - A 2-part OVA classic, it doesn't get much more cyberpunk than this.
Armitage III. - Kinda falls in the same area as BA Alita, not as good as Alita, but still good by its own merits.
Mezzo Forte. - In reference to the 2001 film/OVA and not the tv series that followed it. It's not cyberpunk heavy, but it does fall into the genre. There's 2 versions, the one most people "accidentally" bump into is the Uncut version that is rife with hardcore-hentai scenes all of which don't move the story along at all. So you're probably going to want the edited version.
Cyber City Oedo 808. - 1990 cyberpunk mini series, it's very cyberpunk and very good, highly recommended.
Aeon Flux. - That old animated show on MTV from the 90s, a cult classic... movie sucked though.
Goku: Midnight Eye. - No, it's not that Goku you're thinking of. Both this and its sequel are cyberpunk-noir to the core, the soundtracks alone are ****ing awesome. You can kickback to it on Youtube right now actually (does contain gore & nudity):

Movies:
Manborg. - Low-budget cyberpunk hilarity, I can't recommend it enough. Bonus enjoyment when seen with friends/family.
Terminator. - Only the original one, if you haven't seen this by now then I don't want to talk to you anymore.
Videodrome. - One of my favorite sci-fi films of the 80s with James Woods, I tend to see it listed as Cyberpunk pretty often but it's honestly not, still, damn good sci-fi horror.
Tetsuo: The Iron Man. - Gonna echo this one as others mentioned, definitely worth the watch. Not to be confused with "Tetsuo: The Bullet Man" from 20 years later.
Burst City. - A Japanese classic from 1982 and helped pave the way for much of the cyberpunk landscape.
Death Powder. -Same boat as Burst City, though in my opinion it's not as good. Still, I felt it brought enough to the table to stand fairly well on its own.
Metropolis. - The epic that started it all way back in 1927, you have to watch it. It's a silent film, but it's masterfully driven by its music and imagery.
Hardware. - Not the best of movies and didn't stand a chance against The Terminator, it's a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk film from 1990 and there's multiple versions of it. The original version is rated X (lots of gore and sex) while the main US version is rated R and heavily edited. It's still a nice hidden gem though.

Games:
Fear Effect 1 & 2. Both for the PS1, plays a lot like the old Resident Evil games and one of the better cyberpunk games out there. Also features lesbian protag action if you're up for that.
Dues Ex series. - The original game is legendary, and the rest of the series is worth it as well. Play them if you haven't, they pretty much speak for themselves.
Blade Runner (1997 game). - It's a point & click game, but I felt was worth it. And unlike the original 1985 game, it actually received critical praise. Plus it's Blade Runner, come on.
System Shock. - Another of the more obvious choices to go for, I didn't play all of it, but I did have a good time with what I did.

If you need more, just ask. Also, you're gonna wanna keep CDPR's upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 game on your radar. Much hype.

Precipice

Reaction score
Where have you been my whole life. I want to like that post multiple times, and so I will.
The scene you described sounds familiar, but I can't put a finger on it at the moment. When I figure it out I'll post back with it.
+Like.
Genocyber. - (CAUTION) extremely graphic & ultra-violent and does involve slaughtering (I'm not even joking), it holds no punches. It literally opens up with the stuff, it's honestly the most graphic and violent anime I've ever seen in my life (and I've seen a lot). It's one of the most controversial animes for a reason. You've been warned.
+Like. And sold.
+Like.
Goku: Midnight Eye. - cyberpunk-noir to the core, the soundtracks alone are ****ing awesome. You can kickback to it on Youtube right now actually (does contain gore & nudity):
+Like.
Terminator. - Only the original one, if you haven't seen this by now then I don't want to talk to you anymore.
+Like.

I'm liked out. I've heard of a bunch of those, but most I have not. I am sure I will enjoy them all.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
1KST733.jpg