• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tsuyu's Little FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Tsuyu's Little FAQ.

I'm going to write a little FAQ here answering the things that confused me the most when I first got Fable TLC. Most in-game mechanics are explained in-game, but some practical things are a bit trickier:

How do I use my style cards?
Cards for tattoos and hairstyles are commonly found throughout the game, but how to use them is another story. Conterary to what some might think, and I did at first, is that you hand in the card and get the style for free, but that isn't the case. The cards actually only unlock new styles for you to buy. Cheap, huh?

Where do I use them?
The Barber is rather tricky to find at first, but she is in Bowerstone. As you enter the town keep walking the main path, going by the Inn, if it's your first time in Bowerstone Maze should be standing by the Inn. Walk past the blacksmith and his displays and you should see the characteristic red and white spnny-thingy that is the mark of a barber. The tattooist is a bit more tricky, he is in Knothole Glade, a town you don't visit until mid-game.

There are also wandering barbers and tattooists, so remember, when you see a trader in the wilderness with a green outline it is worth to stop him and check out his wares.

Silver keys and silver chests? Help!
Obviously silver keys and silver chests are connected. It's rather simple: Gather enough keys required the chest tells you to open it. Also, remember: You do not lose any keys when opening a chest, that confused me a bit at first. Silver chests can be told from normal chests that they are, strangely enough, silver in color and have a number printed on them.

Why can I only take the Wasp Queen mission, and not the other two?
Well, one of the quests involves a Ice Troll, one of the more dangerous and higher level enemies of the game, so it's not for you noobie heroes! Those quests are just there for you to get a feel that you're actually competing, sort of, with the other heroes of the guild.

Digging and Fishing...when and how?
Fishing and digging are ways of aquiring some interesting items in the game, silver keys amongst other things. First of you need a fishing rod and a shovel. They are sold in most general shops. When do you use them then? Well, you can dig and fish almost everywhere if you wanted, but you will only get something if you follow the signs. For fishing there are ripples in the water and for digging you have to watch your interferance. When digging is possible a little shovel will pop-up in the lower left corner and you can press F1 to get your goodies. The fishing mini-game is explained at some point of the game, but it's quite easy to miss that area...I did when I first played Fable! Basicly when the cauge in the upper right corner is green click with the mouse rapidly to reel in, but watch it if it turns red! The fish is struggling and you'll most likely break the line if you don't stop reeling in.
That's all I can think of for now, Fable does have a good way of explaining most things by itself. ^_^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Tsuyu's Little FAQ.

Not bad little FAQ and some useful bits of information there.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Thank you, thank you. ;)

Hopefully it'll help the people new to the game.

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Nice stuff...............+rep

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Thank you Tsuyu for the very helpful and informative article. I'm sure many will find your FAQ very helpful indeed. :)

K

katie

Hi frist post

what about the tavern in bourstone south? can you get in the celer bhind it and how?

pleas e-mail me no smut
[email protected]

D

|Dark*Captain|

Might be usefull for some1 great idea to make this but I'm sure some1 will come and ask just these questions somewhere else =/

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

|Dark*Captain|;33155 said:
Might be usefull for some1 great idea to make this but I'm sure some1 will come and ask just these questions somewhere else =/

Maybe so but if they do we just post link to this then its sorted ;)

T

trollick68

HI. I'm new to forum and this is my first post. Quick question. Has anybody tried to use an Xbox 360 controller for Fable TLC on PC? If nobody has thought of this , the controller has a USB plug on it and is recognized by Windows. Any thoughts?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

trollick68;33359 said:
HI. I'm new to forum and this is my first post. Quick question. Has anybody tried to use an Xbox 360 controller for Fable TLC on PC? If nobody has thought of this , the controller has a USB plug on it and is recognized by Windows. Any thoughts?

Interesting theory....

R

Reaper

I'm no computer genius but computer components need drivers to work. Since XBox 360 is from microsoft, they might have the drivers for it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Reaper;67185 said:
I'm no computer genius but computer components need drivers to work. Since XBox 360 is from microsoft, they might have the drivers for it.

It does have some drivers available yeah.

R

Reaper

Then I'm guessing its a pretty good chance of getting it to work.

I'm not a genius but I do know a lot... I work for AT&T doing DSL tech support.

A

Arcage

can someone teach me how to give rep because if they do i can give you rep :)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Arcage;86709 said:
can someone teach me how to give rep because if they do i can give you rep :)

Near the bottom of each post you will see a little
reputation.gif
icon. It's hard to miss. you just click on that and Write in a message (optional) and click okay. Or I approve. :thumbsup:

A

Arcage

Sephiroxas;86726 said:
Near the bottom of each post you will see a little
reputation.gif
icon. It's hard to miss. you just click on that and Write in a message (optional) and click okay. Or I approve. :thumbsup:
thanx

B

BigRube

OK fellas I tried this one already. The problem with using a 360 controller isn't the driver but the fact that there is no mapping program that allows you to assign the buttons and analogs to the keyboard and mouse. Since fable doesn't have a joystick selection in the options this is not possible at this time. Someone will have to write a mapping program, which is beyond my current skills. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.