• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weird syncing problem with 360 controllers

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Bit baffling, this one. All our 360 controllers won't sync with the xbox as of last night. If you hold down the middle button on the controllers to turn on the machine, that works fine but after that - nothing. The console shows no connected controllers (they are all wireless) and the dashboard button on the controllers themselves just flashes like it does when you need to sync.

And syncing itself doesn't work either. We've tried replacing the batteries, restarting the console and removing any device that could be interfering with the syncing process but no deal. I am seriously needing my Skyrim fix...

Funny how my console gets updated, Microsoft include a "don't sue us" clause and then the trouble starts /conspiracy

Any ideas?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
One fix I just read was as follows:

Hold down the sync button on the front of the xbox (with the xbox ON) for 30 seconds, or until the light stops spinning, and turns off. Then turn off the xbox, and unplug the power supply from the xbox, the cord from the power supply and the cord from the wall and then remove the hard drive and wait for a minute. Then hook everything back up and attempt it as normal.

Someone also says the TV can block the signal as shown in this video here.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Thanks - we'll try that later and see if it works. REALLY need to get some Skyrim in before I get withdrawal symptoms :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Thanks - we'll try that later and see if it works. REALLY need to get some Skyrim in before I get withdrawal symptoms :lol:

Let me know how you get on, if they dont work then I shall research some more.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Had this same issue some years ago. Have you tried turning the console off, then on, then pressing the sync button on the Xbox first, then press and hold the sync button on the controller?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Yeah, it was having none of it :(

Microsoft have put evil pixies into my xbox, I just know it...

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
If you have access to any of those cords that connect wireless controllers to the Xbox, that might help.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
This has happened to me a couple times, hold the sync buttons on both controller and Xbox at the same time with the controller an inch away from the black window. Works for me.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ok, so this morning it all decided to work perfectly...how very strange. But I will keep these ideas in mind should it happen again. Thanks for the advice, gaiz :D

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I hired the Xbox Gnomes to fix it while you and Steve were sleeping.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Ok, so this morning it all decided to work perfectly...how very strange. But I will keep these ideas in mind should it happen again. Thanks for the advice, gaiz :D

Wireless devices can be temperamental beasts, ive never had any issues with mine however.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Wireless devices can be temperamental beasts, ive never had any issues with mine however.

You may very well be the luckiest guy I've seen when it comes to electronical devices save for that one RROD.

Everytime one of us has an issue with a game or device, it never fails... "Weeelll, I've never had that problem before." Bah.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
You may very well be the luckiest guy I've seen when it comes to electronical devices save for that one RROD.

Everytime one of us has an issue with a game or device, it never fails... "Weeelll, I've never had that problem before." Bah.

:lol: usually im the first to have issues but yeah lately ive been very lucky it seems. Had 2 RROD actually and many issues with games in the past (Oblivion on PC for example) but lately ive been pretty lucky it seems.