• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Westcliff Shooting Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score
Westcliff Shooting Range

How do I earn the sought-after 175 points in the Shooting Range? Don't point me to Google, because I want tips from experts, not a search engine.

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score
Re: Westcliff Shooting Range

I usually get around 215 every round with just pure skill of the Hero. All you need to do is make sure you have a fast gun. I prefer you have a Master Flintlock Pistol, equip it before you compete, and make sure you have some skill level upgrades, like fine aim and better accuracy. Then just make sure you aim at the HEAD of every card-board foe you see pop up as fast as you can and shoot em. If you do it fast enough and accurate enough, you should get over the 175 easy.

Just make sure you don't shoot the wrong card-board person, because that will just bring your score down faster.

A

Anon

I personally use a turret pistol, but I'm sure the Flintlock is the better choice.

Here are the two things that in my mind you need to get a decent score:

1. Aim for the heads
2. Luck

It really is that simple in my mind. I can win the Red Dragon pretty easily post Westcliff Development (yet to manage it before that) and for me the trick is getting the same target to pop up a few times in a row. Never move to another target before you've seen that another one isn't going to appear in the same spot. You should get at least one lucky streak of 4-5 targets popping up at the same spot. That's 10-15 points assuming you get headshots.

The last thing I can say is keep trying... I think it took me 5-6 tries to get my first Red Dragon and it rarely takes me more than 2 attempts to win it on new characters now.

It is definitely alot easier if you develop Westcliff, however you do lose out on some rather sweet tattoos as a consequence...

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

Also, it won't hurt you to just try and shoot as fast as you can at the head. Don't worry about missing the target, as long as you very quickly shoot it after you miss it.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I always use a clockwork pistol. It seemed like the best choice since it's the fastest gun you can get, and it works for me. I was able to get over 180 points before the crucible with it.

I also make goals for myself for each round. 175 points divided by 3 rounds would be 58.3 points per round, so I just go for an even 60 per round. It helps, at least for me.

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

what kind of link is that?

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score

He said at the beginning he didn't want a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.