• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are friends for?

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score
What are friends for?

I'm seriously ****ed right now - my friend of 7 years has started being a jackass since the 4th of July of this year, because he's been hanging out with some total assholes.

So today, I had him and my other friend stay the night, and we were playing Halo 3 from about 7 pm till just now - 8:45 am.

Until a few hours ago, because I was winning and they killed me, they started making fun of me. Not the normal teasing either - the monotone "he's a douchebag, he got pwned. "something we can finally agree on" crap. And then they start insulting my personal problems with anxiety and depression - I had an anxiety attack an hour ago after my mom screamed at me because she couldn't get the bathroom door open and threatened me with illegible words after that - I think something about throwing a screwdriver at me and on top of my "friends" deliberately making fun of me.

So after I nearly got killed by a screwdriver, my douche friend started saying that depression doesn't exist and you just need to suck it up. This REALLY ****ed me off because he's got such a fan-***king-tastic life that he can't seem to vacate his delusions of grandeur and realize that he needs to stop being an ass after I've asked him millions of times to stop making fun of me because I'm gay and because of my depression. They were making stupid comments too - like, "I only shot him with a rocket because he's gay" and worse things which I will not mention.

Although I know I shouldn't be friends with him if he makes me feel like ****, it's the fact that we've known eachother for so long. It still REALLY gets on my nerves when he calls me asking for game cheats, and nothing else, which he's been doing repeatedly.

I just had to get this off of my chest, because I was about to punch another hole in my wall. What do you guys think? Am I totally in the wrong like they say and I've done everything wrong, or do I have a bit of a right to be livid?

I'm seriously contemplating why i even have friends. I looked at my Astrology book today - my Sun sign is Aquarius, my Moon sign is Scorpio, and my Ascendant is Capricorn, with my Aquarius cusp also being on Capricorn, and most of them say that I'm perfectly content in the company of others or alone.

Tl;dr version: Friends are being total assholes, making fun of my problems after my mother nearly threw a screwdriver at my face.

Longest thread ever? Anyhow, feel free to post anything, really... I would like some feedback but I know this thread will likely get derailed.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
Re: What are friends for?

Have them come over, beat them up till they cry, then throw them out.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

Sounds like a plausible idea, but I'm not much of a fighter, maybe I'll just rig up some spike pits.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I would just ignore his phoen calls and ignore him, whenever he comes by say "**** off" you shouldn't be treated like that from anyone. He will either A: Get out of your life, which will help you. Or B:Realise he is an ass and change himself and his company too be a better friend.

I sympathise with the "Long relationship" thing, I have a friend of 10 years who we are separating slightly due to religious matters (Not him, he is mostly just curious, but his family is pressuring him too 'win me back') and a coupel other things..... It is hard, but you will have to be strong and puch through in the way that will heal you.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

uh oh your the make fun of friend, every grewp has one that one kid everyone likes but are just toltal dewshbahgs because its funny the way they react to it and you knoe thy will never attack you or anything.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sounds like more of a "douchebag in need of a thrashing" than "friend" to me, mate.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;352005 said:
Sounds like more of a "douchebag in need of a thrashing" than "friend" to me, mate.
I bet hes not really a dewsh you just gotta dish it back and hell stop if you just sit there and take it he definatley wont. Just really **** him off like everytime you kill him on Halo make a funny noise like uh "HurrHurr" and hell freak out.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

They sound like massive wankers.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Tiamatria;351985 said:
Although I know I shouldn't be friends with him if he makes me feel like ****, it's the fact that we've known eachother for so long. It still REALLY gets on my nerves when he calls me asking for game cheats, and nothing else, which he's been doing repeatedly.
this may not be what you want to hear but heregoes:
if they are treating you that way, they aren't your friends. they are being insensitive assholes, and obviously don't value your company. you're better off finding people who do. once you've moved on to brighter pastures and left them behind, maybe they will come to regret their *arse*hole-ery, re-unite, and show a little respect and maturity.

Tiamatria;351985 said:
I'm seriously contemplating why i even have friends. I looked at my Astrology book today - my Sun sign is Aquarius, my Moon sign is Scorpio, and my Ascendant is Capricorn, with my Aquarius cusp also being on Capricorn, and most of them say that I'm perfectly content in the company of others or alone.
this parts unrelated.
no secret astrology is a bunch of bs. for some reason i can't explain, i can't seem to find a single girl who can come to understand that. they use it as an excuse to say that we're "compatible" and right for eachother. it really irritates me that i haven't yet met a girl who can get in a relationship by, say, getting to know me rather than quoting some made up crap about how the stars define our personalities.
/rant

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

I know it can be difficult to leave behind people who you've known for so long, but once you find a group of people who do value your company, you'll forget all about that.

I moved to a new school at the start of this year, and managed to find a group of people with whom I really "clicked". It was such a boon.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Ah, had a friend like that. Had being the key word. Haven't talked to him in 2 years. Was a complete ass and just used me for my 360 and my games. Waited for him to do the slightest thing... Then BAM! I ripped him a new asshole. Well, verbally. And now I have another friend who is using me again, and always makes fun of me. And not to mention he thinks he isn't fat. :lol: The kid's shadow kind of looks like a pear. :lol:

But really, if they are just being assholes, don't talk to them. Or beat them up. That works too.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Zarkes;351999 said:
uh oh your the make fun of friend, every grewp has one that one kid everyone likes but are just toltal dewshbahgs because its funny the way they react to it and you knoe thy will never attack you or anything.
Being the "make fun of friend" is like the fat friend whom you constantly and harmlessly make fat jokes about. Making jokes about sexual orientation and an actual mental problem they have is absolutely and totally different.

I think most people can tell the difference when someone means an insult playfully or they're just being an arsehole. Me personally being a gay gothic furfag, I know the difference. I'm sure Tia knows the difference too, and he wouldn't have an anxiety attack over something so shallow. These idiots meant it and I'd personally beat them up if I lived anywhere near Tia.

Tia, they're using you, and your mother seems like an unsupportive bitch whom I would take pleasure in throwing a screwdriver at.

If I was there I would have hugged you until you felt better, you deserve better than that. *huggles you*

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;352057 said:
Being the "make fun of friend" is like the fat friend whom you constantly and harmlessly make fat jokes about. Making jokes about sexual orientation and an actual mental problem they have is absolutely and totally different.

I think most people can tell the difference when someone means an insult playfully or they're just being an arsehole. Me personally being a gay gothic furfag, I know the difference. I'm sure Tia knows the difference too, and he wouldn't have an anxiety attack over something so shallow. These idiots meant it and I'd personally beat them up if I lived anywhere near Tia.

Tia, they're using you, and your mother seems like an unsupportive bitch whom I would take pleasure in throwing a screwdriver at.

If I was there I would have hugged you until you felt better, you deserve better than that. *huggles you*
LMAO You think its not ok to make a gehy joke to a gewd friend because your gehy but fat jokes are ok? I bet if you were fat yewd make gehy jokes and freak out over fat jokes. Since when was bieng gehy a mental problem? I dislike people who can make jokes and have gewd times with their friends but when they are singled out and dont knoe any gewd comebacks they take it so offensivley.

Tia, everyones parents suck, your always gunna have a rich friend or a hot friend or w/e you cant take them for face value they have hella isues too they can just hide it better. The only reason anyone wewd attack you for your sexual orientaton is because they are insecure about theirs.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

No, making fun of someone's sexual orientation is different than their weight.

TehZomgFactor

Reaction score

Peoples weight is something they can change,
Peoples Orentaion is something they cannot
this is why I try not to use the word "gay" offensively
this is why i try not to say "fag" or "Faggot"
or I might say Fag,because in England people call cigarettes (F*ck i can't spell that word) fags

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

TehZomgFactor;352165 said:
Peoples weight is something they can change,
Peoples Orentaion is something they cannot
this is why I try not to use the word "gay" offensively
this is why i try not to say "fag" or "Faggot"
or I might say Fag,because in England people call cigarettes (F*ck i can't spell that word) fags

"Divided, we are but fragile twigs. Together, we form a mighty faggot!"

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

If they make fun of you for being gay - be outrageously gay and drive them away.

They shouldn't dish out what they can't take themselves.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Zarkes;352138 said:
LMAO You think its not ok to make a gehy joke to a gewd friend because your gehy but fat jokes are ok?
I personally don't recall saying that. Is someone assuming?
Zarkes;352138 said:
Since when was bieng gehy a mental problem?
Didn't say that either...

You can see that Tias situation is entirely different, they were saying it maliciously, not playfully.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;352184 said:
I personally don't recall saying that. Is someone assuming?

Didn't say that either...

You can see that Tias situation is entirely different, they were saying it maliciously, not playfully.

1. You kinda did.

2. No you didn't say that, Zarkes read it fast and thought you called homoism a mental problem, when you really said "Making fun of him because he is and has a serious mental problem."

3. Who is to say it was malicious? They could be doing it for fun but not realize the effect upon Tia, if he gives what he is taking then they might realize the extent of it.

4. Tisn't different at all, bieng fat is a lifestyle, your fat (Not you you, the metaphorical you.) because that is your lifestyle, same with homosexuality, you can hide both of those lifestyles, and both of them can bring STRONG hatred and anger towards you.

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

a bit like my friend, when we first started college we were gettin on the bus and goin home together like normal friends should always playin video games together and hanging out then after about a week or two he gets a girlfriend they both claim after 2 days there in love then he goes extra early to meet his girl at college he drops her at home all the time, he has not played his xbox in a month, he is barely on msn cause hes hangin at his girls house 24-7,

the moral of this stupid story is WTF is up wiv friends these days lol.... I think u shud confront ure friend and tell him how much of a douchbag him and his friends are then pwn him at halo and then show him the existence of depression. i normally just ignore douchbag friends, do what makes u feel happy.