• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are friends for?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Re: What are friends for?

Firis;352204 said:
4. Tisn't different at all, bieng fat is a lifestyle, your fat (Not you you, the metaphorical you.) because that is your lifestyle, same with homosexuality, you can hide both of those lifestyles, and both of them can bring STRONG hatred and anger towards you.

Actually, it is. If I were gay, I would probably take offense. But me, being a fairly large person (no I am not gigantofat, I'm just a bit chubby. I play games all day, what do you expect? :lol:), I have no problem being made fun of. Even if people are being serious, I just laugh. Being fat isn't a chosen lifestyle, well, not like "I want to be fat", but through actions it is. You get the idea. So really, they are quite different. You can stop being fat, but you can't stop being gay. I don't think.

Ah, screw it, I don't know what I'm on about.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Erm, ima edit that because after reading the part you quoted, it reads like "You can hide it, so you should." and that isn't what I meant.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

William1193;352220 said:
a bit like my friend, when we first started college we were gettin on the bus and goin home together like normal friends should always playin video games together and hanging out then after about a week or two he gets a girlfriend they both claim after 2 days there in love then he goes extra early to meet his girl at college he drops her at home all the time, he has not played his xbox in a month, he is barely on msn cause hes hangin at his girls house 24-7,

the moral of this stupid story is WTF is up wiv friends these days lol.... I think u shud confront ure friend and tell him how much of a douchbag him and his friends are then pwn him at halo and then show him the existence of depression. i normally just ignore douchbag friends, do what makes u feel happy.

that's different. you're talking about the famous "bros over hos" argument. sure, it's extreme that he's left you high and dry for a month...but hey, the reality of it is "hos over bros" ;)

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Arseface;352030 said:
They sound like massive wankers.

Amen to that.

Ignore them. Doesn't sound like much of a friend to me. I'd just do anything to avoid them. Stay away from them in school, etc.

I have a friend like that... Or did. He's in need of a casual ass kicking which he shall be receiving off me if he doesn't stfu.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

You guys don't usually give your mates a good thrashing? Maybe 'tis the viking in us Swedes, but we do it regularly!

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Firis;352204 said:
1. You kinda did.

2. No you didn't say that, Zarkes read it fast and thought you called homoism a mental problem, when you really said "Making fun of him because he is and has a serious mental problem."

3. Who is to say it was malicious? They could be doing it for fun but not realize the effect upon Tia, if he gives what he is taking then they might realize the extent of it.

4. Tisn't different at all, bieng fat is a lifestyle, your fat (Not you you, the metaphorical you.) because that is your lifestyle, same with homosexuality, you can hide both of those lifestyles, and both of them can bring STRONG hatred and anger towards you.
Fat was an awful example on my part.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

TehZomgFactor;352165 said:
or I might say Fag,because in England people call cigarettes (F*ck i can't spell that word) fags

Not always. Mostly chavs use that word.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;352184 said:
I personally don't recall saying that. Is someone assuming?

Didn't say that either...

You can see that Tias situation is entirely different, they were saying it maliciously, not playfully.
It doesnt sound malicious at all actually. Idk no offense but where I come from "fag" is a very popular curse werd and many of my friends use it.

William1193;352220 said:
a bit like my friend, when we first started college we were gettin on the bus and goin home together like normal friends should always playin video games together and hanging out then after about a week or two he gets a girlfriend they both claim after 2 days there in love then he goes extra early to meet his girl at college he drops her at home all the time, he has not played his xbox in a month, he is barely on msn cause hes hangin at his girls house 24-7,

the moral of this stupid story is WTF is up wiv friends these days lol.... I think u shud confront ure friend and tell him how much of a douchbag him and his friends are then pwn him at halo and then show him the existence of depression. i normally just ignore douchbag friends, do what makes u feel happy.
Are you serious? You guys friends grow up, change, allthat stuff just because they are a jerk or not playing videogames all day long wih you doesnt mean they are in the wrong at all.

Skotekal;352226 said:
Actually, it is. If I were gay, I would probably take offense. But me, being a fairly large person (no I am not gigantofat, I'm just a bit chubby. I play games all day, what do you expect? :lol:), I have no problem being made fun of. Even if people are being serious, I just laugh. Being fat isn't a chosen lifestyle, well, not like "I want to be fat", but through actions it is. You get the idea. So really, they are quite different. You can stop being fat, but you can't stop being gay. I don't think.

Ah, screw it, I don't know what I'm on about.
Some people are born with low metabolism and are born fat. Either you can joke about anything or you can joke about nothing. Do you really expect to call someone a fatass and when they call you a fag you go and throw a betchfit? In my world atleast it doesnt werk like that.

Zjuggernaut;352251 said:
Amen to that.

Ignore them. Doesn't sound like much of a friend to me. I'd just do anything to avoid them. Stay away from them in school, etc.

I have a friend like that... Or did. He's in need of a casual ass kicking which he shall be receiving off me if he doesn't stfu.
Usually if yu avoid a friend only one of you gets the rest of he group and if you have no other friends thats not a gewd option.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Zarkes;352293 said:
Some people are born with low metabolism and are born fat. Either you can joke about anything or you can joke about nothing. Do you really expect to call someone a fatass and when they call you a fag you go and throw a betchfit? In my world atleast it doesnt werk like that.

First time in a while I've given rep for a good argument, but that is the perfect point.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Beat me too it Zarkes, me mom has that.

Another Spartan

DoCtOr OcToGoNaPuS!
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;352248 said:
that's different. you're talking about the famous "bros over hos" argument. sure, it's extreme that he's left you high and dry for a month...but hey, the reality of it is "hos over bros" ;)

+rep

And as far as I know, not saying I know a lot, you can stop being gay. All things are possible, that, for one, I am sure of.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Can you stop being sexually attracted to women?

Another Spartan

DoCtOr OcToGoNaPuS!
Reaction score

Skotekal;352317 said:
Can you stop being sexually attracted to women?

I see your point. The only way to stop is to WANT to stop. I could stop if I wanted to, but I'd rather not. And not just because of religion.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Another Spartan;352319 said:
I see your point. The only way to stop is to WANT to stop. I could stop if I wanted to, but I'd rather not. And not just because of religion.

I don't think so - you could repress the feelings of attraction and resist temptation, but not being attracted is pretty much impossible.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

Thanks for all the positive responses people - I love you all <3

I've got school in a few minutes, having to go to a full day of in-school suspension, I was not feeling too well - this definitely brightened my mood.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Tiamatria;352336 said:
Thanks for all the positive responses people - I love you all <3

I've got school in a few minutes, having to go to a full day of in-school suspension, I was not feeling too well - this definitely brightened my mood.
i wub roo <333

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;352377 said:
i wub roo <333

I wub joo too <333

I got sent home from schoolololol today. Yay!

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

droded;352296 said:
First time in a while I've given rep for a good argument, but that is the perfect point.
Much appreciated.

Firis;352299 said:
Beat me too it Zarkes, me mom has that.
I used to be like them and not believe in stuff like depression and weight problems but you really gotta lewk at things logically.

Another Spartan;352314 said:
+rep

And as far as I know, not saying I know a lot, you can stop being gay. All things are possible, that, for one, I am sure of.
No you can't.

Another Spartan;352319 said:
You cant stop even if you wanted too, religion keeps you guilty of sex and scared of sin it keeps you attached to you family so you are prepared to be an adult who is controlled and manipulated. Your brain never fully develops.

Tiamatria;352383 said:
I wub joo too <333

I got sent home from schoolololol today. Yay!
Bromance...