• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what are good weapons for a mage???

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Liathxx

what are good weapons for a mage???

Well i just finished as a huge axe dude but now i want to go mage. What weapons are good and look good for mages?????

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score
Re: what are good weapons for a mage???

Swords, But mages kinda suck because you take too much dmage when using high level spells so maxing out tougness would be a very important thing to do!

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

I have completed the game with two mages now, and I've used a Hammer. However, it's slower... but my favourite!

Also, shame you get many scars as a mage, due to the amount of hits you take. Scars + Magical tattoo is not nice. :(

MagnaSparda

The True Hero of Skill
Reaction score

personally i dont use any weapons when i mage a hero. just use the 3rd or 4th level more than once and you wont get hit. use a spell. roll. spell roll. repeat repeat.

F

fableguru

im not gona be a mage

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

I'm sorry... but is there an option to have no equipped weapons at all? :O
I tried to do that all the bloody time, but couldn't figure it out. Couldn't see the option.

FiliusMartis

Reaction score

No you're pretty much always equipped with a weapon from the very beginning. In my opinion, the weapon you use as a mage won't matter. You'll want to spend most of your points in will so that your spells charge faster. Throw a good amount of experience on toughness and make sure you get roll and perhaps block. If you're putting almost everything into will then you won't have many points left over for accuracy or physique so melee and shooting will not be efficient tactics for you.

My mage character was female; since I didn't want her bulking up, she had absolutely no physique. She carried a katana (which she used I think.. once) and a flintlock pistol (which was also rarely used...). With a few exceptions, most enemies will attack your wraiths if you cast Raise Dead, giving you plenty of time to charge up a higher level spell. You could also try Chaos to confuse them while you charge up. Carry plenty of potions and ressurection phials and you should be fine.

F

Flippy146

If you really are going to be totally mage, and not use a weapon, why you should need to know what weapon is the best? 8-| And roll is really recommened and spells like the raise dead and/or time freezing. Just try focusing at two spells in the begining, one to attack and one to protect

anain12

Reaction score

What weapon u use doesn't matter if you're a magician.

W

Wolfie

I think some of you are missing the point. They asked what LOOKS good on a mage. I'd have to personally say the hammerhearst (oakfeild demon door) as it looks sorta magical and mage-like. It's has a fairly decent attack too, although I spose that doesn't really matter if you wanna be a mage.

jj4beth

Reaction score

as wolfie said, hammerhurst looks so good coz its like mystical

Zebinia

Kuahana
Reaction score

Well, actually there are best weapons for a mage. On my mage I'm still using the sword I got from pub games because it increases my spell damage. I think that's a good weapon for a mage.

W

Wolfie

Oh yeah forgot about that. Isn't there also a dog collar that increases will power? You should put that on your doggie too :)

L

Liathxx

Zebinia;234864 said:
Well, actually there are best weapons for a mage. On my mage I'm still using the sword I got from pub games because it increases my spell damage. I think that's a good weapon for a mage.

which pub game dude you go to to get it?

W

Wolfie

Liathxx;235076 said:
which pub game dude you go to to get it?

It's only available from the out of game pub games. Pretty sure you can't get it if you havn't paid for and downloaded pub games from xbox live.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

All-in-all the Hammerthyst IS the best weapon for a mage as not only does it look mystical, but it also holds the Barkskin augment, which lowers damage recieved. That comes in very useful when charging for those ultimate spells.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Wolfie;234935 said:
Oh yeah forgot about that. Isn't there also a dog collar that increases will power? You should put that on your doggie too :)

Just remember-- it has no effect on non-Will-using dogs.

Seigfreid;235157 said:
All-in-all the Hammerthyst IS the best weapon for a mage as not only does it look mystical, but it also holds the Barkskin augment, which lowers damage recieved. That comes in very useful when charging for those ultimate spells.

Doesn't the Barkskin also give you more scars, too? I can't remember.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

DataHero;232824 said:
I have completed the game with two mages now, and I've used a Hammer. However, it's slower... but my favourite!

Also, shame you get many scars as a mage, due to the amount of hits you take. Scars + Magical tattoo is not nice. :(
That's what the ghoul aug is for. People don't notice it.:)
I hate the scarring but need to use magic. It's just to beautiful.^_^

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

moonfever;235180 said:
That's what the ghoul aug is for. People don't notice it.:)
I hate the scarring but need to use magic. It's just to beautiful.^_^

Force Push is god. That and raise dead. Use them, and you can usually avoid hits. At higher levels of Force Push you might take a bit of damage before you kill every enemy within range (or at least knock them on their asses for convenient headshots); but not for long. And Raise Dead is an excellent distraction. And awesome against lots of balverines.

F

fable2rules123

What does that collar do

Status
Not open for further replies.