What are you thinking

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Reaction score
Every time I watch Predators, I get a strong feeling of wasted potential. It wastes WAY too much time paying homage to the first movie (so much so, some people don't even know it's an actual sequel, thinking that it's a reboot or a remake!), and loses the focus on what it's introduced.

Which is a shame, cause what's new is awesome (the civil conflict among the Yautja, the hunting techniques, the abductions). But unfortunately the movie just touches it, feels as if it's afraid of delving into it more, and plays it safe by shoehorning A LOT of references to the first movie.

I still like the film but man, if I think of what it could have been...

Here's hoping Shane Black will flesh those things out and introduce something more in his sequel.

Precipice

Reaction score
but man, if I think of what it could have been...
I constantly think this about games that I passionately enjoy, but could have enjoyed more.
Solidarity +Like for you.

Krskull

Reaction score
Cookie Shots. There is an actual thing called Cookies Shot. :O

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Legendary Hero
Reaction score
So, turns out that initially it was just a simple infection, and all my complications were due to the antibiotic that I was taking, and well, the second antibiotic cleared up the mess. Thankfully nothing serious was found.

Precipice

Reaction score
Good to hear Onisaurus, glad everything's cleared up.

In other and unrelated news:

Angel

Lag makes me violent
Staff member
Guildmaster
Reaction score
Finding it very disappointing and almost bordering on fascist that free speech is apparently only applicable to those siding with popular viewpoints and thus refusing the other side of the debate to be heard.

Why can speakers, journalists, bloggers and celebrities (or indeed anyone with the ability of speech) tell us we "should" and "ought to" agree with one side or else we are barbarians, thugs, homophobes, islamophobes, sexist, racist, capitalists, leftist, right-wing, ignorant etc and yet any opposing view "must," be silenced, quashed, denied or, worse, cause the speaker to be imprisoned or otherwise punished for their difference of opinion?

Surely free speech, which has come at great cost and is still not permitted in certain countries, should be protected? Otherwise it is certainly not free speech?

How can there be healthy debate, discussion, reasoning and thinking if we are TOLD our differing opinions are nothing short of criminal? Should people who have otherwise been pioneers of their industry be cast aside for an opinion which is just that? An opinion?

Surely any intelligent being has the ability to cope with an opposing view without having a conniption over it?

Indeed, certain subjects which still cause controversy have been through many changes over the years and steps have been made to ensure civil liberties and freedoms are protected. But forcing the new standard down throats of all is just as bad, in my view, as those who forced the previous standard upon others. There must be room for disagreement, without violence or hatred, and people on both sides must be prepared to be mature enough to hear another view without being so utterly offended by it that they attack, censor and vilify.

Tl;dr words and stuff, innit.

Rumford

Legendary Hero
Reaction score
If south park taught me anything, it's this; free speech doesn't matter. Violence does. If you threaten people with violence then you can say and do anything you want.

Angel

Lag makes me violent
Staff member
Guildmaster
Reaction score
It's pretty frustrating to see - people go on and on about how advanced and civilised we are and then you see crap like "don't shop here, they don't agree with gays raising kids" or "stop the Muslims from having mosques built" or "never mind how much so and so has done for equality, they don't agree with such and such so assassinate their character, career and everything they've worked for in the name of those without a voice".

Forward thinking my ever-expanding backside...

Precipice

Reaction score
Could be because people make haggis references toward you. I'm also clairvoyant.

Gikoku

is doing Queen.
Staff member
Reaction score
Just hoping that my flight goes okay and everything, I've been on 4 planes thus far and while they've gone fairly well for the most part... I'm not a fan.

I'm still terrified of heights and now you know one of my many weaknesses. All worth it in the end though.

queenofdisco

Ludna
Legendary Hero
Reaction score
Just hoping that my flight goes okay and everything, I've been on 4 planes thus far and while they've gone fairly well for the most part... I'm not a fan.

I'm still terrified of heights and now you know one of my many weaknesses. All worth it in the end though.
YOU'LL BE FINE DAMNIT

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Reaction score
By producer John Davis:

“I think we’ve logically done what we could’ve done with the two AVP movies. But I think there’s something to go back to with Predator.”

Ok it's very old (he said this back in 2008), but I found this by chance today surfing the net and it brought back old negative sentiments.

I don't even know where to start to **** on that bullcrap statement. You've LOGICALLY done what you could've done with AVP? Yeah right. Aside from, you know, ADAPTING the freaking comics?! If AVP and Requiem were "all you could've logically done", you're even worse than I thought.

Goddammit I'm coming for you, John.

Rumford

Legendary Hero
Reaction score
AVP Requiem sucked major donkey balls anyway.