• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is the best Sword+bow&Armour?

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score
What is the best Sword+bow&Armour?

1) What is the best Sword and where do i find it? (is it the Solus great sword?)
2) What is the best bow (excepting Skorms bow) and where do i find it?
3) What is the best Armour and where do i find it? ( is it Plate?)
please tell me!!

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: What is the best Sword+bow&Armour?

1. Sword of Aeons
Sacrifice your sister after defeating Jack of Blades and the sword is yours

2. Can't really think which is the next best thing to Skorm's Bow at the minute...

3. Have to get back to you on that one too. ^_^

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

1. if you have fable TLC its the solus greatsword. if not, its the sword of aeons.
2. best longbow (other thatn skorm's bow): master longbow get from traveling merchants and several other shops. best crossbow : arkan's crossbow location: darkwood lake in a 15 key chest
3. yes plate is the best. all the different plates (light, dark, normal) have the same defence value.

C

Crown_Royal7

uhmm...if u want attack power the solus great sword is(well...bearever might b but im not sure), but if u want speed and power, id go with sword of aeons, cause it tends to b if u need to kill somthing by the time u have acess to these to either 1, they have lots of health so better to attack faster as ull make it up over the time, or they have like no health and it takes 1 or 2 hits either way and they cant hurt u

then the best bow.....arkens crossbow is best damage, just the speed of it is horrible...i use master long bow, then just...augment it to w/e u want

then best armor, kid above me, nice try but actually its arkons armor, from 25 key chest in necropolis, and has 1102 defense rating...and the helmet comes with it unlike the plate which u have to find...

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

oh yeah i forgot about arkons armor! ya what he said. i also forgot abut the breaver, im not sure how much it does either. i am so rusty on fable now...... there was a time when i could tell you anything about fable. but i havnt played it for like a year, so...... ya like i said, rusty.

ps, dont call me "kid". im 18. mmmkay?

C

Crown_Royal7

well iv opened all chests, so ill go get bearver right now...gonna get like 40 keys -.-

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

there are 30 keys in the game. and you dont need any to get the breaver. its behind a demon door that wants you to give up all your keys to him. but if you have actually gotten that far in the game without finding any keys he says something like "how the hell did you get this far without finding a single silver key?!? well, a deal is a deal, come in, but why do i always get the freaks?" in my opionon, you only need 25 keys cuz the the sword in the 30 key chest is **** and its way stupid looking aswell. does anyone actually use it?

i have played fable/tlc well over a hundred times, so i am a self proclamed expert. although a little rusty. but it still really ****es me off when someone acts like i dont know what im talking about (not nessisarily talking about you btw). i may not know much about, well, anything, but i do know fable, thats for sure. and after fable 2 comes out, you wont here from me for like a month, but when i do come back i will surly be able to help just about anyone with anything. me, and about 500 other people on here that is XD.

C

Crown_Royal7

alright! solus is much stronger, and has some good augments when beareaver only has the flame...it just looks cool...its the bandit chief peoples basically...just firey

and yea i just cheated and did the one farm thing to get murrengreat hammer right from beginning...yea was bad

and i love the avenger lol, i like the look of it just classic sword and also, most things this far in game u get for the name, i mean the frying pan? basically useless u fully augment with like mana, or health when ur archer

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

different strokes for different folks i guess. well, i will just stick with the solus greatsword thanx. but the breaver does look cooler i think. mabey later when i get off my lazy ass, and the oven that is my room cools down, i will mod the breaver for myself...... :shifty:

C

Crown_Royal7

heh i dont like heavy weapons...to slow..thats why i use master long bow instead of arkens and use avos instead of solus or somthin...

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

i just mod to make em one handed. and i dont mind that two handed swords are a bit slower. but i cant stand how slow crossbows are.

C

Crown_Royal7

yea..theyre horrible, and idk if theyre 2 handed or not lol...

wow...12 hours of gameplay on new account and already maxed on skills..and like 2 hours of that was doing nothin...sheesh...

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score

Does anyone know where 2 find a 'Silver augmentation on TLC that isn't in the 'White balverine' quest?!!! i got the silver and then sold the sword i had it on fo the Solus greatsword

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

tlc its solus greatsword in north bowerstone, best bow besides skorms is master bow, best armour is archons armor in necropolis near end of the game

L1berät0r

Reaction score
I get myself a Master Greatsword, then apply the silver, sharpening and piercing augmentations to it as soon as I get them. It's excellent against any enemy, especially against balverines, undead, minions and screamers.

Last edited:

VinDiesel

Living Necromonger
Reaction score
Any augment is useful against screamers, a x5 multiplier I believe. Silver is good against anything unholy or unnatural. Sharpening is a +10% and that's great but piercing and fire make a good combo in late-game in the northern wastes as many of the enemies there are armored and weak to fire. The Solus greatsword then is stupidly OP paired with multistrike and berserk.

L1berät0r

Reaction score
Thanks for the augment advice, VinDiesel. It's just a shame that you can't pick up slain enemies' weapons, then either use any yourself, or sell them to shops or wandering traders. After all, you keep what you kill.

Last edited:

L1berät0r

Reaction score
@wulfric it might be in a wooden chest on the graveyard path. After recovering Nostro's armour talk to the Lychfield demon door and it will begrudgingly let you pass. After redeadding the undead you will come to a set of big-a$$ stone doors. Go through these doors and soon you will come you two identical stone arch like structures. Just before you go through either bear righ and keep going. I believe the silver augmentation you seek may be in that wooden chest. If not, try the silver key chest at the Circle of the Dead.

I hope this is helpful to you.

PS

I just remembered that there is a resurrection phial in that wooden chest. The silver key chest does contain the augmentation.